tanks seem obsolete

General Discussion
Aside from the short que times in dungeons , there is definatly no hint of danger in this game at least not for low level dungeons . I just tanked 2 instances and as I pulled my set of my mobs the other 3 dps each pulled there own set of mobs .
Granted the place might not hit that hard , but I would imagine that teaches a lot of bad habits in higher level dungeons and raids .
To me its kind of sad to see that the dungeons have become this easy
Wait until you get to m+ or raids, tanks are necessary.
Leveling in BfA is awkward because if someone has decentish raid gear and legendaries from Legion they're basically invincible until that advantage wears off closer to max level.
10/28/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Awkaran

I would Imagine, but teaching people to not fear anything reguardless of your spec is a horrible lesson . I would hate to tank Mythic plus , cause I could see the same garbage going on there . People all thinking there invincible and doing as they please rather then following the idea of what their specific role is .

Dungeons to me were a whole lot more Interesting when people feared getting killed , when pulling to much and not ccing properly meant something
People still do dungeons while leveling?
Tanks are still necessary even at my garbage level. If a hunter or some dps wants to try and pull I ask them to please stop, I'll try to keep a decent pace. I know what I can handle and I know what healers can handle. General rule of thumb is 3 elites plus a 4th locked up somehow.
That's never gonna change. No magic fantasy healing reserves. No magic tanking armor. DPS either get that or they do not.
10/28/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Puurfection
there is definatly no hint of danger in this game at least not for low level dungeons

old content is usually this way.

heirlooms and stuff make old conetent less threatening.

also most low lvl dungeons up until like...cata and up had no "deadly" mechanics. cata and above have some 1 shot boss skills (like the vasj'ir faceless boss that can even 1 shot tanks.)
10/28/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Lockedheart
there is definatly no hint of danger in this game at least not for low level dungeons

old content is usually this way.

heirlooms and stuff make old conetent less threatening.

also most low lvl dungeons up until like...cata and up had no "deadly" mechanics. cata and above have some 1 shot boss skills (like the vasj'ir faceless boss that can even 1 shot tanks.)

I was tanking on my 117 Monk in current content .
10/28/2018 12:04 PMPosted by Puurfection
I was tanking on my 117 Monk in current content .

Name, so we can verify.
Aside from the short que times in dungeons , there is definatly no hint of danger in this game at least not for low level dungeons . I just tanked 2 instances and as I pulled my set of my mobs the other 3 dps each pulled there own set of mobs .
Granted the place might not hit that hard , but I would imagine that teaches a lot of bad habits in higher level dungeons and raids .
To me its kind of sad to see that the dungeons have become this easy

End game content, I'd say tanking has never been more challenging.

Leveling dungeons are...leveling dungeons.
Hrm, maybe you shouldn't base your opinion on leveling content alone? Because if a tank goes down in mythic+ or in a raid, it's almost always a guaranteed wipe.
10/28/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Wrynli
Hrm, maybe you shouldn't base your opinion on leveling content alone? Because if a tank goes down in mythic+ or in a raid, it's almost always a guaranteed wipe.

I'm not basing anything about mythic dungeons . I might be New to BFA , but this is not my first expansion . I've tanked for several expansions . My argument if anyone chooses to read before they shoot from the hip with a comment is ....creating a enviorment where cloth dps can practically tank several mobs by them selves is bad practice .
I guess I'm the only one that feels that the tank should be the one that pulls the pack of mobs and not the dps.
the game since I've started has always been the tank sets the pace , but as of lately it appears , things have changed and now anyone sets the pace . thats pretty sad imo

Even then...depending on the tank its more about getting agro and kiting than actually tanking for some specs lol.
10/28/2018 04:09 PMPosted by Dalarina

Even then...depending on the tank its more about getting agro and kiting than actually tanking for some specs lol.
Objectively incorrect.

Try going through uldir without a tank.
you will get weaker as you age / level towards 120.

if you have legendary stuff, level 116 will come as a huge shock.

hit 120 and watch mobs suddenly become geometrically harder.

Aye if you know the right approach you can get up towards 340ish ilvl fairly quick (call it a month depending on how war fronts are and if you have wQ's unlocked at the moment you hit 120 or have to unlock them and also the three other faction initial foothold / fp's.

Also how deep your pockets are to buy like some AH stuff.

But yeah, you go enter a instance as a new 120 and do not have a tank, then get back with me.
10/28/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Lockedheart
also most low lvl dungeons up until like...cata

Mother in maraudon when its original self could knock back tanks and heals until they where out of range and the tank could and would die before the healer got back in range.

Dire maul the dog boss, the adds used to be able to 1 shot if not killed. if the healer was put on the table frequently that was a kill and wipe.

I have some bad memories of the original shadow fang keep but its been a decade and i can't remember the exact mechanic.