Mages are now "Benders" (Water Benders, etc)

Mage
Mages no long feel like mages. I look at my Mage like a character out of Avatar The Last Air Bender.

The previous toolkits mage had made us feel like wizards and magical masters. Now, every spec is so pruned that we are just glorified Water and Fire benders.

Only Arcane *feels* like a Mage. Something you would find in the Tirin Kor. But its playstyle is awful, boring, and extremely poorly designed.

They should just give us Earth Bending so we can tank as well. Air Bending for Healing, and go full ham on the Avatar ripoff.

RIP Mages, Hello Benders.
10/31/2018 11:41 PMPosted by Eldryk
The previous toolkits mage had made us feel like wizards and magical masters. Now, every spec is so pruned that we are just glorified Water and Fire benders.
Frost has viable access to more spells and talents this expansion than in Legion and MoP. Back further than that we had even fewer spells, and if you want to go as far back as Classic we had one spell in our rotation. One. The prune is a lie.
I want to be Toph. She was awesome!!!
I wouldn't describe her as a tank except for the very short period when she bent iron around her and stomped some dudes.

Water benders had healing. Air benders were all dps.

Both fire and Frost feel exactly the same in bfa as they did in legion. Arcane feels overly simplified.
11/01/2018 01:28 AMPosted by Tuckletuts
Frost has viable access to more spells and talents this expansion than in Legion and MoP. Back further than that we had even fewer spells, and if you want to go as far back as Classic we had one spell in our rotation. One. The prune is a lie.

You seem to be misinterpreting rotations for themes.
Frost feels better now than in Legion, but that will change coming 8.1.

Fire feels worse than it did in Legion. Phoenix Flames becoming a talent, lowered Combustion duration and the GCD changes are to blame.

Arcane feels like it can be played with an Atari Joystick.
The previous toolkits mage had made us feel like wizards and magical masters.

Like which ones?
Mages no long feel like mages. I look at my Mage like a character out of Avatar The Last Air Bender.

RIP Mages, Hello Benders.

And that a bad thing?.
Im fine with this
11/01/2018 01:28 AMPosted by Tuckletuts

People do things besides raiding. Fire blast, arcane explosion, arcane blast, rank 1 frostbolt were all used in certain situations (i.e. locked on frostfire) for frost mage pvp in wrath.
I will say, since they are gutting the duration and magnitude of so many of our slows, we may as well just be blasting people with jets of water.

Water Benders here we come.
What class "feels" like itself since legion. All of them are empty husks for what they were. Except for DH, that abomination doesn't count.
I-is... that a bad thing?