Playing the Classic Demo

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
11/01/2018 07:33 PMPosted by Bashcutter
11/01/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Honeymoon
Only Blizzard could love timegating so much that they'd even start stuffing it into their demos.

Next step, play time limits for retail WoW as well, all for "the greater good".

It’s a demo omg.
Demos are a small piece. It’s not a Beta. Demos are a small timed part or like 1 level based. Not a free play all you want through the game

The vast, vast, vaaast majority of demos don't limit you to a forced maximum of 60 minutes of playtime with a ridiculous mobile-style 90 minute "cooldown" between sessions.

The most ludicrous thing is that the "cooldown" is half again as long as the very limited playtime, meaning you will literally spend considerably more time not playing the demo than you can ever spend actually playing it.

There's just no spinning that into a positive, even if you embarrass yourself trying to point to it being necessary to spare poor indie company Blizzard's hardware.
gamershell.com. Can anyone find any PC demo on that website that has any sort of a timer?

Oh.

I rest my case.
dam I was hoping to have more play time
Everyone complaining about the time limit is actually dumb as they already stated why it exists.

I mean, Blizz could have not put a time limit in even though they know about the insane demand and then we could all sit in the login queue for days while ppl just camp to keep themselves online. That would go so much better.

If it really bothers you so much you're more than welcome to not participate.
11/01/2018 08:12 PMPosted by Honeymoon

It’s a demo omg.
Demos are a small piece. It’s not a Beta. Demos are a small timed part or like 1 level based. Not a free play all you want through the game

The vast, vast, vaaast majority of demos don't limit you to a forced maximum of 60 minutes of playtime with a ridiculous mobile-style 90 minute "cooldown" between sessions.

The most ludicrous thing is that the "cooldown" is half again as long as the very limited playtime, meaning you will literally spend considerably more time not playing the demo than you can ever spend actually playing it.

There's just no spinning that into a positive, even if you embarrass yourself trying to point to it being necessary to spare poor indie company Blizzard's hardware.

You clearly don't understand maths. its a 90 minute window, capping out at 60 minutes play time, so when you hit the cap you have to wait 30 minutes then you can play again not 90.
11/02/2018 01:09 AMPosted by Skratta

You clearly don't understand maths. its a 90 minute window, capping out at 60 minutes play time, so when you hit the cap you have to wait 30 minutes then you can play again not 90.

Don't bother they just want to call out Blizzard on whatever they can. It's why they're subbed.
This just tells me that they didn't plan for x number of players of the demo.
11/01/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Congelatore
I think you’re underestimating demand. :)

this is what I think ..

THERE are a lot of people who want to jump ship from the present game now so I almost think the limit is arbitrary to keep from killing the game as you have NOW made it completely ..

I think rather than waste your time on classic MAYBE investing time in fixing the live game as it stands now before your "flagship" mmo dies completely
If they truly wanted a classic experience then they would open the 'flood gates' (lol at people wanting in so bad)... Thus allowing the servers to lag and crash on launch.
11/02/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Ragnaroke
11/01/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Congelatore
I think you’re underestimating demand. :)

this is what I think ..

THERE are a lot of people who want to jump ship from the present game now so I almost think the limit is arbitrary to keep from killing the game as you have NOW made it completely ..

I think rather than waste your time on classic MAYBE investing time in fixing the live game as it stands now before your "flagship" mmo dies completely

Calm down chief. It's a separate team. The restriction makes sense. The con goers only have a limited time to play. It's fair across the board. They will probably lift the restriction after wards.

But, by all means, please keep stomping your feet and crying.
11/01/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Tuskticle
11/01/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Bashcutter

You’re not paying for the demo. You’re paying for a virtual ticket and the demo is a gift.

Also it’s a demo. Not beta or alpha. It has time limits

Okay but it IS still an older game that has already been produced, and tbh a larger chunk than you think do not care about the "virtual ticket" part, they go on google, type in "WoW Blizzcon in a nutshell" see every key point in 15 mins and are done.... They paid their money for the bonuses.
Thats their fault then don't !@#$% about it
11/01/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Sarcasmic
Sure bud. Keep telling yourself that.

11/01/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Bashcutter

You’re not paying for the demo. You’re paying for a virtual ticket and the demo is a gift.

Also it’s a demo. Not beta or alpha. It has time limits
he's not "telling himself that" its fact, you are buying the Virt. ticket to Blizzcon and the demo is a "goodie" you get as well so stop saying "it has restrictions i wasted my money" because that proves your entitled and that you don't know that Wow servers might crash from a sudden influx of players. They might take them off anyways so stop !@#$%ing

It’s a demo omg.

Its a wow classic demo ONLINE meaning they need to because the servers might crash
Why do people complain first without thinking or getting facts. You ARE TOXIC its a demo that you play in 60 min intervals then wait 30 min to play again. Shut up and enjoy classic when you can, the rest of us are.
Sure bud. Keep telling yourself that.

<span class="truncated">...</span>
he's not "telling himself that" its fact, you are buying the Virt. ticket to Blizzcon and the demo is a "goodie" you get as well so stop saying "it has restrictions i wasted my money" because that proves your entitled and that you don't know that Wow servers might crash from a sudden influx of players. They might take them off anyways so stop !@#$%ing

You're paying for it all there is no "goodie" there is no "gift" there is no "freebie".

The Classic Demo is just another cash grab just like when you bought the 6 month sub for a boat.

Blizz isn't doing this out of the goodness of their heart.

The restrictions are ridiculous too. If they're going to offer a limited time demo it's pretty silly to announce time limitations a few days before being able to play it. They know how many tickets they sold and they should have been able to plan better than that.
As an additional note for your awareness, any behavior that would result in a player being suspended from the WoW Classic Demo will also cause them to be suspended from the live game. This includes suspensions for things like naming violations.
Track is here! Let's do it!
11/02/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Lore
As an additional note for your awareness, any behavior that would result in a player being suspended from the WoW Classic Demo will also cause them to be suspended from the live game. This includes suspensions for things like naming violations.

You're my hero right now Lore :D
I have a "This game cannot be played yet" tooltip over a disabled Play button, while all my friends are playing t__t any update on this?