Playing the Classic Demo

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
11/02/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Lavyt
I have a "This game cannot be played yet" tooltip over a disabled Play button, while all my friends are playing t__t any update on this?

Same.
11/02/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Testosteron
11/02/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Lavyt
I have a "This game cannot be played yet" tooltip over a disabled Play button, while all my friends are playing t__t any update on this?

Same.

Having the same issue.
11/02/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Nyrk
11/02/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Testosteron

Same.

Having the same issue.

I was able to get in by going right to the folder the game is installed and launching the wow.exe and manually logging in.
Exiting the launcher altogether and then restarting it worked for me.
11/02/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Lore
As an additional note for your awareness, any behavior that would result in a player being suspended from the WoW Classic Demo will also cause them to be suspended from the live game. This includes suspensions for things like naming violations.
If I'm understanding this correctly, a demo suspension equals - essentially - a permanent ban from the game altogether?

That's either a great idea or a terrible one - I can't decide. Just as well I'm not involved... people are getting so salty about Classic. They whine for years to have it, then whine because it's not exactly what they want. Yeesh.
Had my fix of classic/vanilla, both in Westfall and Barrens. It's about what I expected.
Is sharding just part of the demo?

Is the out of combat health regeneration just part of the demo?

I hope we do not see this in PTR.

The run speed seems a bit quick or is that just me?

I am ok with graphic updates here or there. Game play/mechanics/sharding is like a major no no for me.

Thank you for the gift.
Yesssss, old models. I look like my old self again, not some derpy sheep-mouthed thing.

Why can't you guys just make a non-cleft-lipped face for the new models so it's simply an HD update of the old models?

Mouth should be like :] not :3
11/01/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Congelatore
I think you’re underestimating demand. :)

not hardly, after the rose color fades your left with an old game that was way lamer then you remember. its starting to feel like Nintendo out here, pay for the same game as many times as they cough up another "remaster".
I have a virtual ticket and I've checked my account, the launcher app, websites, even WOWHead and none tell me where to access the Classic demo. Can someone please help me. I'd really like to play Classic demo.
11/02/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Greyreach
I have a virtual ticket and I've checked my account, the launcher app, websites, even WOWHead and none tell me where to access the Classic demo. Can someone please help me. I'd really like to play Classic demo.
Directly above "Play" button in app there should be a picklist dropdown. You can choose Classic client install there.
11/02/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Quercus
Directly above "Play" button in app there should be a picklist dropdown. You can choose Classic client install there.

Thanks friend. :)
Ah that hunter dead zone. To hell with that.

Was nice to feed my pet again tho watching the happiness meter go up.
For the content we got to try so far i think there is alot of hope for Classic. Minus the scare of the /LFR still in effect, and the minimal space to play Classic. Nostalgic forsure, hope you don't change to much!
Id assume the more we put our voice into this, then the more that Blizz will listen. That hasn't been known in the past but recently I have been impressed at their feedback. Lets let them know that we ment it when we said we wanted old WoW back.
I played the classic demo in 2004
11/02/2018 12:58 PMPosted by Sunreaver
11/02/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Lore
As an additional note for your awareness, any behavior that would result in a player being suspended from the WoW Classic Demo will also cause them to be suspended from the live game. This includes suspensions for things like naming violations.
If I'm understanding this correctly, a demo suspension equals - essentially - a permanent ban from the game altogether?

That's either a great idea or a terrible one - I can't decide. Just as well I'm not involved... people are getting so salty about Classic. They whine for years to have it, then whine because it's not exactly what they want. Yeesh.

It's a great idea, and I hope it encourages people to choose their words and names wisely. No one wants servers filled with 50 reiterations of racist jokes and memes.
bought ticket were do i down load demo
11/01/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Dvis
11/01/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Nightshine
I feel like for $50, the ticket should give you admission into the Classic alpha/beta. Being able to play for a few hours during one week is ridiculous and not worth the price.

in b4 "ur paying for more than just the demo" her de der

If they actually release a true "Classic" meaning they take whatever version of vanilla they're using, and don't make stupid current QoL changes to it, there's no need for an alpha/beta.

Also: her de der

But there is because they are using the new servers so they need to see how the system works with them

Also: Her de de der de de der
The playtime limits on the WoW Classic demo have now been removed. Enjoy!