Why make Mythic only dungeons?

General Discussion
When did Bliz's stance change from hating that only a small percentage got to see content to Mythic only plot dungeons? Siege is a very important plot point, but you can't lfg it. The new gnome dungeon does nothing for me again for the same reason.

I will admit it is mostly my fault for playing primarily solo with a Tiny guild, but the end of a massive quest... Really?
is the mythic dungeons tab in lfg

really that much harder to use than regular lfg
M0 really isn't that much worse than heroic. The mobs are scaled up a bit but there isn't a timer or any affixes. You can't use the fully automated LFD but it's not that much more effort to switch the tab and look at the premade groups.
As a pure DPS class I have yet to get into a group after about a week of trying. Maybe I am just not trying during the right time of day...

It's not about the difficulty as I out gear it before I opened it. It's about getting into a group :(
Mythic-only dungeons aren't the issue, the issue is that the Alliance's story this expansion is so deep and and so many fantastic cut-scenes that they felt the need to extend it into one of the dungeons.

Compare to King's Rest, which is also Mythic-only but has no storyline leading into it and no cut scenes.

How many people do you see complain about King's Rest being Mythic-only? Zero.

The problem is not the dungeons. The problem is that they spent way too much time on the Alliance Jaina story. Should have cut it short earlier and put the cutscenes there.
probably to cause all kinds of dramaz on the forums

11/05/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Leafstalker
As a pure DPS class I have yet to get into a group after about a week of trying.

often when a group is listed, there are 30 or more dps signing up, for three spots.
As a pure DPS class I have yet to get into a group after about a week of trying. Maybe I am just not trying during the right time of day...

It's not about the difficulty as I out gear it before I opened it. It's about getting into a group :(

Luckily there is a feature where you can start your own group and invite people.
11/05/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Illidonkey

Luckily there is a feature where you can start your own group and invite people.

incoming list of reasons why people can't ....

(but no seriously, this is the answer. also, stop playing solo. join a guild or community)
11/05/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Annastasi

Ssssssssh

Let it happen :)
11/05/2018 07:54 PMPosted by Annastasi
11/05/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Illidonkey

(but no seriously, this is the answer. also, stop playing solo. join a guild or community)

No, the answer is STOP MAKING MYTHIC-ONLY DUNGEONS. IT'S STUPID AND ENTIRELY WITHOUT REASON.

And as the OP says, runs entirely counter to Blizzard making content more accessible over the years. Why do you make LFR versions of raids and then make mythic-only 5-mans? It's like they have no effing idea what they want with their own game.
11/05/2018 07:33 PMPosted by Aigeiros
is the mythic dungeons tab in lfg

really that much harder to use than regular lfg

It's a pointless waste of time if you don't play a class with any "useful" specs (i.e. tank/healer), and you can forget about getting accepted into mythic groups as DPS unless your ilevel is abnormally high for the content. And just because they're too lazy to create a system for automatic LFG matchmaking for mythics, presumably because it would be messy to block the key font. Or something. I frankly don't particularly care. It's something they should've fixed back in Legion, not let it fester into future expansions.

Mythic keyless really is not that much more difficult than heroic, and can be pugged very easily. In fact, they're about as difficult as heroics were back in the day, and don't require some crack hand-picked A-team squad of people from your friend list to get through. High keys, okay, I see the rationale there, but keyless should 100% be available for LFG matchmaking.

Normal = get your quests done sightseeing mode.
Heroic = the old normal difficulty.
Mythic = the old heroic difficulty.

I pug them from time to time, though I rarely have the stomach to go through the painfully clumsy group application nonsense. THIS IS PRECISELY WHY MATCHMAKING EXISTS. That it doesn't work for keyless mythic is purely their laziness.

Error message: "You are unable to use a Mythic Keystone if 2 or more members of your party were added through matchmaking."

There, is that so hard to add? Come on.
11/06/2018 12:27 AMPosted by Mikuki
<span class="truncated">...</span>

No, the answer is STOP MAKING MYTHIC-ONLY DUNGEONS. IT'S STUPID AND ENTIRELY WITHOUT REASON.

And as the OP says, runs entirely counter to Blizzard making content more accessible over the years. Why do you make LFR versions of raids and then make mythic-only 5-mans? It's like they have no effing idea what they want with their own game.

If it's so much of an issue wait the months until they get a heroic version where all the mechanics are severely gutted like with Arcway, Court, and both halves of Kara during Legion.

The entire point of Mythic dungeons is to get those people who only do content based on if they can queue for it get their feet wet and interact with other players. This is an MMO after all and finding other people to do things with and maybe continuing to do so as a small community of people is what it's all about for this genre of game.
My issue isn't even the difficulty of Mythic.

My issue is the fact there's a weekly lockout on the loot from Mythics.

What's the point of wasting development time for new dungeons if you only ever see the new dungeon once a week? And it's a Mega Dungeon, so there won't be M+ of it until later in the xpac when they split it into 2.
Needs to be heroic versions of all dungeons.
This Mythic only stuff sucks.
11/06/2018 12:43 AMPosted by Gimia
The entire point of Mythic dungeons is to get those people who only do content based on if they can queue for it get their feet wet and interact with other players. This is an MMO after all and finding other people to do things with and maybe continuing to do so as a small community of people is what it's all about for this genre of game.

That's a good reason to have the Mythic difficulty itself. Which is fine.

What is not fine is locking away important story content behind it. That part is straight-up garbage.
You out gear them mythic0 means nothing find a group and crush it I have faith in you
11/05/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Annastasi

As a pure DPS class I have yet to get into a group after about a week of trying.

often when a group is listed, there are 30 or more dps signing up, for three spots.

It gives people something to complain about.

People who don't normally do dungeons complain about being forced into them even though they're probably not qualified and can't learn everything they need to know from 3 or 4 phrases in the dungeon journal.

The real bonus is elitist players have the opportunity to do infinite whining about scrubs, whether they try to get into groups and are refused, or even better if they start their own groups, because the elitists get to whine about people who aren't qualified to start groups. And mock them.

Devs love to create situations where players argue with each other on the forums instead of asking hard questions about why certain aspects of the game are badly designed.
I just used the group finder to run my 4 mythic 0's this morning in the space of about 2 hours.. maybe. One of them I made myself. Then ran Freehold 3 more times with my guild. This was on my warrior main. I had no problem finding groups in the group finder. My main is 348 and it wasn't even an issue. I don't know what group finder you are using, but starting your own group is a thing and really... for 0's? Its simlpy not as tough as you make it out to be.
What is wrong with you people?
11/06/2018 02:47 AMPosted by Brixxzy
What is wrong with you people?

Its GD, just play along :)