Why make Mythic only dungeons?

General Discussion
11/05/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Leafstalker
When did Bliz's stance change from hating that only a small percentage got to see content to Mythic only plot dungeons? Siege is a very important plot point, but you can't lfg it. The new gnome dungeon does nothing for me again for the same reason.

I will admit it is mostly my fault for playing primarily solo with a Tiny guild, but the end of a massive quest... Really?

You can lfg it easily. Go to premade parties, make a group and boom you're lfg.
Easy.

I wish they'd change heroic difficulty to normal and mythic 0 to heroic. It's an easy dungeon, it's easily beat, it's easy to find a group for. Your point is nonexistent.
11/05/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Leafstalker
As a pure DPS class I have yet to get into a group after about a week of trying. Maybe I am just not trying during the right time of day...

your gear is pretty bad are you doing every worldquest in hopes of titanforging
cause thats your endgame
Can't imagine what this guy thinks of the 4 mythic weekly.

Yes the solution is create your own group. And once you overcome your fear or whatever mental block that prevents you from doing just that you'll see that it's really easy to do.
Mythic 0 is seriously easy, I ended up doing it on my dk alt at 330 and I tanked it. Just make your own group and it will fill quick during peak hours as tons of people are doing the quest-line. Sure, people might derp a lot and die on the last boss because they can't be bothered to learn mechanics but it's totally doable. More group content that makes you go out of your way to interact and meet up with other players should be encouraged, not dissuaded.

Most people are 350-380 now so you will pretty much one-shot everything.
11/06/2018 12:27 AMPosted by Mikuki
No, the answer is STOP MAKING MYTHIC-ONLY DUNGEONS. IT'S STUPID AND ENTIRELY WITHOUT REASON.

Arcway/CoS/Kara got heroic difficulties added eventually in Legion. I see no reason to assume Kings' Rest and Siege of Boralus won't follow suit.
I got my 4 mythics done for the weekly quest. It was easier and faster than queuing for 4 heroics.

Stop being lazy.
11/05/2018 07:54 PMPosted by Annastasi
11/05/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Illidonkey
Luckily there is a feature where you can start your own group and invite people.

incoming list of reasons why people can't ....

(but no seriously, this is the answer. also, stop playing solo. join a guild or community)

"Join a guild". Lol. Like the kool kids in the guild are going to carry random guild members they don't even know through a dungeon. Nope. They aren't going to take time from their own progression to help some nobody who is never going to be a raider. You know you don't help people like that yourself.

The problem is that there is no incentive in the game to help other people. That's why we have so many elitists in the forums whining at other people to teach themselves overnight what they have decades of experience at.
11/06/2018 12:27 AMPosted by Mikuki

(but no seriously, this is the answer. also, stop playing solo. join a guild or community)

No, the answer is STOP MAKING MYTHIC-ONLY DUNGEONS. IT'S STUPID AND ENTIRELY WITHOUT REASON.

And as the OP says, runs entirely counter to Blizzard making content more accessible over the years. Why do you make LFR versions of raids and then make mythic-only 5-mans? It's like they have no effing idea what they want with their own game.

They have plenty of reasons. Namely they realize and publicly admit LFR and LFD was a mistake and should never have made it. Not that a little LFR hero like you would understand, but if you want to finish a story and beat the bad guy, you might actually have to put in some effort and, as we say on the internet "git gud".
i just assume i wont do them until they make a Herioc version like they did Kara in Legion. im fine with that but annoyed i cant finish the story.
11/06/2018 03:04 AMPosted by Spellchaser

"Join a guild". Lol. Like the kool kids in the guild are going to carry random guild members they don't even know through a dungeon. Nope. They aren't going to take time from their own progression to help some nobody who is never going to be a raider. You know you don't help people like that yourself.

The problem is that there is no incentive in the game to help other people. That's why we have so many elitists in the forums whining at other people to teach themselves overnight what they have decades of experience at.

Strange.. a few guildies and I just carried a brand new guildie (fresh 110 with a sub 280 ilvl) through his four mythic 0's for the weekly last night. Also hauled him through his Shrine key that he got so he could get a chest today.
Got his ilvl to 311 by tossing him what we could as well.

He's not even going to be on the progression team and he just came back to the game, too. We had to coach him through the instances.

Guilds exist to help the players in them.

Stop with this "guilds and raiders are big selfish elitist meanies" garbage.
It's absolute BS.
It should be stated that M0 really is what heroic was before they released mythic mode in WoD. In terms of difficulty, it's not exclusionary.

That said, I think they're doing more "mythic only" dungeons as a passive aggressive way to eliminate the LFD tool. They can't unring the bell that is LFD so instead of getting rid of it, which I truly believe they want to do, they're doing what they can to make it irrelevant for endgame by essentially making Heroic a dead difficulty and not putting Mythic on it.
They'll probably end up bringing it into the LFG rotation like they did for Karazhan later to appease the non-social or those scared of Mythic.
It's evidence that Blizzard isn't completely lost and realizes that creating some exclusively harder content is a good thing. It gives players that little nudge to improve, without demanding for anything unreasonable for casual players.

It's a short step in the right direction.
You know what...

Here is an open offer.

If I am not fried after raid tonight I will do SoB story runs.

I'll tank.
I will post them in the group finder.

380 Veng DH.

Don't be dumb, have a basic idea of the fights, and I'll help you get it done.
They should not cater to Snorefronter and World quester, Mega Dungeon is a great idea and fit the fantasy of dungeon crawling.
11/05/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Leafstalker
When did Bliz's stance change from hating that only a small percentage got to see content to Mythic only plot dungeons?
It's to appease the elitist vanilla fanboys who insist LFD is a bad thing.
It's actually a lot harder now than at release to just get a mythic0 group. If you're trying to complete the quest it's best to make the group yourself and be flexible. I had zero issues doing mythic0 with a group of 300-315 item level people.

I do agree it's ridiculous they put things like that behind a gate.
As a pure DPS, I can vouch that getting into groups is not that hard. May have to apply to 2-3, but I've never not been able to do a dungeon that I wanted to.

They can add it to the LFG, but as a pure DPS, you can sit in 20 minute queue times or just spend 10 minutes making/joining a group.
11/06/2018 04:16 AMPosted by Lachrimae
11/06/2018 03:04 AMPosted by Spellchaser

Strange.. a few guildies and I just carried a brand new guildie (fresh 110 with a sub 280 ilvl) through his four mythic 0's for the weekly last night. Also hauled him through his Shrine key that he got so he could get a chest today.
Got his ilvl to 311 by tossing him what we could as well.

He's not even going to be on the progression team and he just came back to the game, too. We had to coach him through the instances.

Guilds exist to help the players in them.

Stop with this "guilds and raiders are big selfish elitist meanies" garbage.
It's absolute BS.

My guild does the same thing. We schedule M+ events weekly for everyone in the guild. Even brand new members that are undergeared.
Having content that is exclusive to a certain skill level of player is a good thing. If you want to see everything in the game then you should have to put in more than the bare minimum