The Alliance is learning! AV and BG

Battlegrounds
I am proud to say that when the call for defense at SHB comes in or changing thr pattern of where they need to go. The Alliance has been working together better more often then not. AND it was outside normal "good Alliance" hours.

I am not sure what change or what the shift is or maybe Alliance just got rid of a ton of deadweight. However all week long the frequency of loss been getting less. Alliance move and communicate well.

We still kick the can but... A lot of them knows that they are in for a fight at ibt and have prepared to do so. I have to say i am quiet proud of them turning this corner.

We went from winning 1 out of every 8 or 9 to 1 out of 3. As for random bgs and brawls. We are doing well too. Checking status attacking healers. Harassing horde objective. Heck even this week kill 10 horde saw a ton of WM alliance waiting to engage the horde.
When are these mythical 'good alliance' hours? :)
I think they are too.. but I feel like we should knock on wood...

Played an IoC where people seemed astoundingly with-it and insisted on using the airship cannon on the proper gate. We probably lucked out a bit with horde being dumb enough to not take the hangar back.

In AV, people now mostly understand we need to take and hold IBGY for a decent chance at offense. Again, the outcome still depends on having stupid horde, but overall alliance do seem to be improving gradually.
11/05/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Kirapandora

Usually starts at 11pm ET - maybe 10pm now that we're off daylight time - and runs until 4am or 5am.
11/05/2018 10:57 PMPosted by Yarrow

Usually starts at 11pm ET - maybe 10pm now that we're off daylight time - and runs until 4am or 5am.

Nah, we still lose epics after midnight lol. 10/15 mans? we win those fine
11/05/2018 09:07 PMPosted by Phelios
I am proud to say that when the call for defense at SHB comes in or changing thr pattern of where they need to go. The Alliance has been working together better more often then not. AND it was outside normal "good Alliance" hours.

I am not sure what change or what the shift is or maybe Alliance just got rid of a ton of deadweight. However all week long the frequency of loss been getting less. Alliance move and communicate well.

We still kick the can but... A lot of them knows that they are in for a fight at ibt and have prepared to do so. I have to say i am quiet proud of them turning this corner.

We went from winning 1 out of every 8 or 9 to 1 out of 3. As for random bgs and brawls. We are doing well too. Checking status attacking healers. Harassing horde objective. Heck even this week kill 10 horde saw a ton of WM alliance waiting to engage the horde.

So what you are saying is..

-It wasn't some blizzard conspiracy to make it easier for horde to win.
-Alliance players are actually playing objectives.
-Alliance players are working as a team and communicating instead of trying to solo the enemy team.
-Alliance players are learning to essentially "Git Gud".

Cheers on your wins!
I got my butt spanked up and down IOC and AV last night leveling my Horde druid. 111 - 119 bracket.
11/06/2018 07:25 AMPosted by Muffindiver
I got my butt spanked up and down IOC and AV last night leveling my Horde druid. 111 - 119 bracket.

I get spanked often on my leveling alts in that bracket. Leveling a pally atm and was hoping for some free epic bg xp and it was never even close.
Your AV win rate is 64% on that character. Don’t make it out like alliance AV losses are an epidemic.

So what you are saying is..

-It wasn't some blizzard conspiracy to make it easier for horde to win.
-Alliance players are actually playing objectives.
-Alliance players are working as a team and communicating instead of trying to solo the enemy team.
-Alliance players are learning to essentially "Git Gud".

Cheers on your wins!
[/quote]

On no, there still horde bias with the racial and the "fix" for Horde side to give them better advantage. BUt Alliance just have to overcome them to win I.E be more skilled then the opposing side.

Although my theory is the scrub on Alliance side and PVErs got angry rerolled Horde leaving behind the more loyal and skilled Alliance players. So when we face Horde, a lot of them are fromerly Alliance.

You can tell by the chat. If you talk with one another it's Alliance re rolled. If you hear orders but otherwise remain silent it is 100% pure horde.

Your AV win rate is 64% on that character. Don’t make it out like alliance AV losses are an epidemic.

A lot of that is from when Alliance use to own AV, it use to be a LOT higher, in the 90% percentile. That it dropped to from BFA expansion alone 64% shows you how bad it gotten.
For what its worth.
I just spent the last 2 hours doing mercenary mode.
Went 0-5.
11/06/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Tavlina
For what its worth.
Went 0-5.
Save merc mode for 10/15 mans. That’s where we win.
I want to play epics when Yarrow does!

Anyway, hordies, please don't act as if you are all that. It was only because of blizz's prepatch change to the NPCs - Galv in particular - that alliance win rates began to plummet.

Horde barely had to adapt at all beyond "Hey all, make sure we choke up the IB choke." Alliance on the other hand is having to create new strategy after years of doing the same thing over and over (Galvanger first, then towers, etc. on down the line, because horde were too dumb to defend).

Hopefully horde keep getting lazier in AV because that is what is helping us win a little bit more. Also hope your horde queue times skyrocket. <3
11/06/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Utterly
Anyway, hordies, please don't act as if you are all that.

tough talk from someone who hides behind an alt. btw, you're not supposed to zerg AV, you never were, the ability to zerg it was just a result of them not updating the npcs ever.

even zerging wasn't a guaranteed win for alliance, i used to run up taking optimal pathing to cap bunkers before alliance so that horde could start the DPS race first. if alliance didn't try to backcap, horde won, every time. defending galv and choking isn't just better for horde, its better for whoever wins, you get a longer bg, more honor, and more HKs.

I don't play a ton, but I've found pretty good conditions for Alliance in the morning, from roughly 9 AM to noon Pacific time.
Eh, I'm just not seeing it to be honest, maybe it's different in the 10/15 man bgs?

I played some epic bgs tonight on Alliance character, and seems not much has changed (chronological order):

IoC - loss (nothing special, we just got destroyed in the mid fight)
IoC - loss
AV - loss (we burned their 2 towers super early, but somehow lost anyway)
IoC - loss
AV - loss
IoC - loss (we started the game with only 2 healers, rip)

So that's 0 - 6 for tonight, also noticed a few other players in the chat complaining about a lack of wins.

It's possible the OP just got lucky with getting paired with good groups? Because it seems a large % of Alliance bg PUGs are as clueless/incompetent as ever...
11/06/2018 10:20 PMPosted by Gdtroll
maybe it's different in the 10/15 man bgs?

Very different. I don't run epics anymore. You'll be caught up to the 65 cp in no time just doing 10/15 mans lol
11/05/2018 11:07 PMPosted by Jugajr
11/05/2018 10:57 PMPosted by Yarrow

Nah, we still lose epics after midnight lol. 10/15 mans? we win those fine

My experience is the mirror image of yours: I do better in the epic battlegrounds. Maybe you're just better in the normal battlegrounds, and I'm better in the epics.
11/06/2018 10:20 PMPosted by Gdtroll

So that's 0 - 6 for tonight, also noticed a few other players in the chat complaining about a lack of wins.

It's possible the OP just got lucky with getting paired with good groups? Because it seems a large % of Alliance bg PUGs are as clueless/incompetent as ever...

I honestly feel it was just luck. I'm not able to play until 11PM EST daily so those few hours are when I do play and I don't notice any 'growth' with alliance. I play a resto druid and disc priest on alliance chars and some nights I can't even get a win on both playing from 11pm to 5am if AV keeps popping as the epic BG.

alliance keeps rushing. Asking for defense is met with silence or jeers. The only wins is when the horde over commits to offense and the Alliance manages to win because of their stupidity, not because of any brilliant alliance learning.
11/06/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Tavlina
For what its worth.
Went 0-5.

5pm-7pm is the beginning of the worst times for Alliance.