Darkshore open world update

Story Forum
New build finally updated the zone in the open world. Was too lazy to deal with imgur uploading screenshots tonight.
Edit: Screenshots https://imgur.com/a/kDBTb1B

-The Blackwood Den is still occupied by Horde, and is now named Kor'gar.
-Twilight's Hammer is at the Master's Glaive with Soggoth the Slitherer.
-Aman is a rare at Remtravel's Excavation and fighting murlocs.
-Azerite mining still going on at Nazj'vel.
-Naga are invading the Twilight Shore and looting Ameth'Aran.
-By the fire elementals, most of the Blackwood furbolgs are dead now and Gren Tornfur is corrupted.
-Twilights are also around the fire elementals, with an air elemental at the old tornado location, and a water elemental at the whirlpool.
-Auberdine Refugee Camp is on fire. Nearby is the Horde's new quarry.
-Ivus the Forest Lord from AV, now Ivus the Decayed, is a world boss outside Auberdine ruins.
-Ruins of Lornesta now occupied by Alliance, not naga.
-Alliance base is Bashal'Aran. Horde base is goblin camp outside Lor'danel ruins.
-Tower of Althalaxx inhabited by ghosts, including Athrikus Narassin. Tyrande says in a WQ the Horde drove them into a rage.
-Ruins of Mathystra inhabited by engraged Highborne ghosts. Tyrande says the same thing about these ghosts.
-No ground just an empty void and invisible walls prevent me from going further north of Mathystra but I can see a lot of Shatterspear mobs walking around over there.
11/06/2018 08:46 PMPosted by Reignac
-Twilight's Hammer is at the Master's Glaive with Soggoth the Slitherer.

Oh wow, for real? I'm finally going to be able to fight the guy who's sparked my imagination ever since I was a newbie practicing Immolation Trap on mobs in the Master's Glaive? The guy whose skull and sword I doodled all over my notes? That's pretty exciting!

Honestly, a lot of this stuff is exciting. I'm rather well-sold on the idea of Warfronts slowly updating old zones, giving them endgame relevance and plot progression. A great alternative to another Cataclysm-style shakeup.
Shatterspear also control their vale now, and there are a ton of Shatterspear NPC's inside, including some of them dancing around Night Elf corpses. Though there are some Night Elves fighting inside it.

Shatterspear War Camp is also filled with Horde and Shatterspear troops.
11/06/2018 09:14 PMPosted by Baljin
Shatterspear also control their vale now, and there are a ton of Shatterspear NPC's inside, including some of them dancing around Night Elf corpses. Though there are some Night Elves fighting inside it.

Did that final quest in Cata against the Shatterspear even happen?
11/06/2018 09:25 PMPosted by Resìleaf
11/06/2018 09:14 PMPosted by Baljin

Driving out the Shatterspear after they got strong armed into joining the Horde?

Yes, it’s the Shatterspear’s ‘motivation’ for attacking the Kaldorei.
The Shatterspear are hardly the first group in this game to be destroyed, only to return later when it's convenient for the story. The Scarlet Crusade will probably show up again sometime. There's still a human castle in Durotar.

Anyway, did I read correctly that the primary Horde base is... a goblin camp? Not a Forsaken Stronghold?
11/06/2018 09:28 PMPosted by Lëora
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Driving out the Shatterspear after they got strong armed into joining the Horde?

Yes, it’s the Shatterspear’s ‘motivation’ for attacking the Kaldorei.

They weren't just 'driven out'. Their entire fighting capabilities were destroyed. The entire tribe was virtually wiped out. There should not be enough left to make a fighting force.

(Also I wouldn't call their joining the Horde to be 'strong-armed' into joining it.)
Like Solythn said, the Shatterspear are far from the first group we were supposed to have completely wiped out only for them to come back just fine later. That's happened to the Scarlet Crusade alone like four times. Population numbers for anyone absolutely do not matter in WoW.
11/06/2018 09:31 PMPosted by Solythn
Anyway, did I read correctly that the primary Horde base is... a goblin camp? Not a Forsaken Stronghold?

Yeah, on the beach. The warfront commander is on a goblin platform out in the water.
I almost don't even have the heart to go look. I saw all the deforestation and blight in previews of the Warfront, and it hurt.

Horde filth, ruining my aesthetic.
11/06/2018 09:31 PMPosted by Resìleaf
They weren't just 'driven out'. Their entire fighting capabilities were destroyed. The entire tribe was virtually wiped out. There should not be enough left to make a fighting force.
Supposedly there were survivors and those that did found refuge in the Horde.

11/06/2018 09:31 PMPosted by Resìleaf
(Also I wouldn't call their joining the Horde to be 'strong-armed' into joining it.)
I base it off the tone of the Shatterspear joining. For the longest time they lived in peace without so much as a hint of conflict with the Kaldorei in Darkshore, even when the Night Elves were well aware of their presence.
Numbers mean nothing, we destroy groups all the time only for them to come back.

I mean, just look at how many blood elves and draenei there are, for being species on the brink of extinction.

For what it's worth, the Shatterspear were driven off after Cata. In the novella A Good War, Shatterspear vale was abandoned when Saurfang arrived in it, so the Shatterspear are only returning now.
11/06/2018 09:39 PMPosted by Galenorn
I almost don't even have the heart to go look. I saw all the deforestation and blight in previews of the Warfront, and it hurt.

Horde filth, ruining my aesthetic.
lor'danel is blighted, but thats just it.
Darkshore seems a bit bugged on the PTR right now. The zone is in an Alliance-controlled state but the zone assets seem to be in a Horde-controlled state. Blighted Lor'danel, Goblin platform off the shore instead of Emerald Islet, etc.
11/06/2018 09:57 PMPosted by Kalaryia
Darkshore seems a bit bugged on the PTR right now. The zone is in an Alliance-controlled state but the zone assets seem to be in a Horde-controlled state. Blighted Lor'danel, Goblin platform off the shore instead of Emerald Islet, etc.

My understanding it that Darkshore starts off in Horde control, oppisite to Stromgarde starting off in Alliance control, in live. So Alliance will get to do the warfront first.

It's probably just them trying to figure out the phasing work.

Blizzard sure are getting lazy with their names.
Do you got any screenshots by chance?
Aman was a titan keeper-esk modeled projection that gave quests to Alliance lowbies... honestly, most ppl thought it was originally a projection of Aman'thul when the old lore was a big thing. Now, I guess he's just a Titan Watcher? Dunno why he's there or why he was there in the past, prob. means there's a Titan facility of some sort (likely due to Soggoth's corpse).
11/06/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Reignac
Like Solythn said, the Shatterspear are far from the first group we were supposed to have completely wiped out only for them to come back just fine later. That's happened to the Scarlet Crusade alone like four times. Population numbers for anyone absolutely do not matter in WoW.
11/06/2018 09:31 PMPosted by Solythn

Yeah, on the beach. The warfront commander is on a goblin platform out in the water.

Tbh it's kinda annoying that the base isn't forsaken themed. Not the end of the world or anything, but I think it would have been better to save goblin themes for a goblin and gnome future pairing in a warfront.
RIP, furbolgs. Next to the NEs, you too have been kicked to the dirt..
11/06/2018 10:30 PMPosted by Galenar

Blizzard sure are getting lazy with their names.

Aman is from Vanilla WoW. Not sure what you mean by "getting", dude has been around as long as WoW itself has.

Tbh it's kinda annoying that the base isn't forsaken themed. Not the end of the world or anything, but I think it would have been better to save goblin and gnome bases for a future pairing in a warfront

I agree. Stromgarde is orcs vs humans, so the bases are themed orcs vs humans.

Darkshore is night elf vs undead... and has a night elf base and a goblin base.

Even if we never get a goblin vs gnome warfront (which would love one of), it seems off putting to insert a goblin platform in a warfront tagged as nelf vs undead.