Can enhance get some communication?

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
There hasn't been any information on enhance changes in patch 8.1 whatsoever, and people are anticipating them since it was said there would be changes.

Can we please get some communication as to at least whether they are working on changes or not?
Can any spec get it? Can devs be more transparent? Can they communicate not only to post statements but to have a dialogue with players?
I'll leave the math for you.
Honestly they're probably so afraid of us from the Diablo distaster costing the shareholders a 7% loss that they've been gagged by order of their masters.

Usually they would have a lot of follow up commentary the week after Blizzcon but it's eerily silent right now.

I would anticipate a lot LESS communication going forward under the new leadership of Brack.

It's ironic because lack of communication is what put them in this position in the first place.
They're not going to fix enhance. They don't think anything is wrong with it.

Ion said as much.
"For Elemental and Enhance, they both could use their niches more clearly defined, and there are some rotational/talent issues that we've seen raised, which are beyond the scope of hotfix-level tuning and will have to wait for an upcoming patch."

Ion said this, and then turned around and did this

Enhance get's 5% back on their 46% Damage reduction aura. Then it gets reverted in PvP. Then they merged two PvP talents to make the offender less effective.

So Enhances 'niche' is being worse than Havoc at all facets of the game except PvP oh wait people are actually playing Enhance in PvP lets nip that right in the bud right !@#$ing now.

Lack of communication literally means they think the spec is in it's proper spot. Apparently at Q&A Blizzcon he said the shamans specs were "only 2-3% behind" which we obviously have proof that is very inaccurate.
You have two choices
1. Continue to stay loyal to your class and continue to be embarrassed by equally geared Rogues and Demon Hunters. I would if my sub wasn't ending before December.
2. Pay the $60 to boost a Blizzard 'premium' class they care about. Shekel Shekel ^(&**
You're not a DH. Only DH gets the benefit of having the best burst and sustained DPS ok?
I keep hoping every day to see some kind of communication on enhancement. Then every day just end up disappointed
I've been waiting as well, but we're getting pretty close to 8.1 release. In brief, here is what I would want:

-maelstrom maximum increased back to 150
-buff hot hand and boulderfist to be competitive or replace with new talents
-replace landslide with a new talent
-remove the charges on earth shield and give it a longer buff time
-buff hailstorm and overcharge
-replace fury of air and buff crashing storms or replace it too
-bring back shamanistic rage
No. It can't. Blizzard isn't capable of working on wow, they have mobile games to devlo...... errr sorry..... pawn off on a Chinese company.

You get what you get, like everyone else, quit.
11/07/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Matsujin
They're not going to fix enhance. They don't think anything is wrong with it.

Ion said as much.

They're gonna fix it alright, by nerfing its pvp viability into the ground.
A simple "we're working on it" is all I'm really asking for. Stating clearly that they think enhance needs some work but then going silent so close to 8.1 really feels bad for us. I'm hoping for some information soon.
Noticed people asking about enha in the demo lock changes, and the comments are "mysteriously" gone, my own comment included and I asked formally. Hope it means they're mentioning the changes soon.
Bump
Literally came here today to post exactly this thread if it wasn't already present. Part of the reason I dropped Shaman as a main possibility during Beta (before realizing how much more fun it was to heal as, making it my main now) was "we'll work on it later" which somehow didn't make it into like an 8.0.5. Well, later is like a month away and... still nothing. The Elemental changes look interesting, but I vastly prefer Enhancement for most content and, still waiting.

Maelstrom cap limit raised would be handy, especially when our main untalented cooldown is a massive boost to that gain and several talents boost gain too. Like... I get stuck in periods where I'm just Lava Lashing over and over again because... I can't spend the stuff fast enough and I'm still capping between GCDs.

SOMETHING to help mitigate a dry spell of stormstrike procs. Seriously, it's weird as hell doing an opening without Ascendance and seeing a 40% difference between pulls because "Lots of Procs" versus "No procs" is that extreme. Even if it's just like a stacking small increase chance to proc (I dunno, something like Fire Mages get with Fireball and crit chance?)... something would be nice there.
Blizzard HAS communicated... all they'll ever need to.

Enhancement doesn't exist as far as they're concerned. They'll get to it when they feel like it, which is never.

That's why I unsubbed. I'm sick of their crap tier class dev team. I could do their job better than the entire lot of them after receiving an icepick lobotomy.

Blizzard died a long time ago. This is Activision being Activision and trying to copy EA. Get use to it, it's only downhill from here.
They removed Static Cling for Enhance, which is another massive nerf. How's that for communication?

https://www.wowhead.com/news=288473/patch-8-1-ptr-build-28366-spell-azerite-and-class-updates

It's actually hilarious (in the worst way possible) how Blizzard deals with Shaman. Oh and btw, there are no other changes coming for Enh in 8.1 other than the potential of even more nerfs and a slight chance for further tuning of the damage reduction aura (but very unlikely).
Another day and no updates other then more pvp nerfs. Sigh
Evidently Blizzard feels enhancement should have no place in either pvp or pve. That's why we're seeing a lack of fixes to pve and that's why we're seeing nerfs to the one aspect of the game it's good at, pvp.
11/08/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Dlux
They removed Static Cling for Enhance, which is another massive nerf. How's that for communication?

https://www.wowhead.com/news=288473/patch-8-1-ptr-build-28366-spell-azerite-and-class-updates

It's actually hilarious (in the worst way possible) how Blizzard deals with Shaman. Oh and btw, there are no other changes coming for Enh in 8.1 other than the potential of even more nerfs and a slight chance for further tuning of the damage reduction aura (but very unlikely).

Luckily they reverted the nerf to DH. That was close, wouldnt want one of the top specs in game in all aspects to have to suffer. I think their vision is this for ENH... "Reroll DH or Rogue"

But wait you say! Ion said that rerolling isnt helpful. Thats what he said. I will point out to you, he also said that in 8.1 ENH would be getting a rework to "fix" issues. Well nothing has been fixed and only broken further. Im not even sure Ion is his name, and only because he said his name was Ion.
The spec is struggling, that much is clear and I and a number of other people have spent a lot of time dictating the issues about what makes Enhancement bad right now.

At the same time it doesn't really help throwing passive aggressive slights about other classes. This shouldn't be a discussion about other specs, it's not a pissing contest, it's about what the spec needs.

I will add though to underline this, it is extremely disheartening to know that huge swathes of detailed feedback and open attempts to invite discussion in both public and private discord channels with devs to actually combat the issues at hand are being stonewalled. I hesitate to turn it into a personal issue but it's becoming harder and harder by the minute to defend the situation in any facet, so it's no wonder that many people are becoming disgruntled and projecting this anger. Maybe it's time to actually open communication lines instead of feigning it.