Warmode is Trash

War Mode and World PvP
Been playing on a PVP server since vanilla and this mode has wrecked the game for me. I've never come across such uneven amounts of others factions in my life. I turned on warmode a few times this week, and yes i have 300k+ kills in pvp so stop your flame right there, and its just a gank fest for the horde on my server. Everywhere I went ther was like 10+ horde and no alliance around. It was never this bad when it was a pvp server.

Just giving out a 10% bonus + warchests with gear in them just for playing horde, is that fair? 0 balance of cations?
I have tons of fun in warmode. I can't imagine playing with it off.

/shrug
I turned on warmode a few times this week, and yes i have 300k+ kills in pvp so stop your flame right there,

Your armory says you have 18k, which is account-wide. Bigger numbers don't make your point more valid, but lying does make your point less valid.
I dunno, I like putting out the call in general, having about 8-10 answer me and form a group for witch hunts after. Or even better, then the horde gets some, and we get more, and soon it's the whole city going up against horde invaders - heck the ONLY thing I'd like more is for our stupid npc's to actually give a crap. Now not even the gryphon masters will fight - used to be you NEVER mess with the flight masters (callback to all my vanilla player brethren!!), else you incur some WICKED wrath from their beasts! Now pshhht whatever. They dont even chase you.
Your armory says you have 18k, which is account-wide. Bigger numbers don't make your point more valid, but lying does make your point less valid.

Pretty sure it's character specific. My pally shows 199k and account wide I'm closer to 210k.

edit: Yeah, it's character specific. My shaman alt I made recently only shows 3.2k HK's when I look at the armory.
11/07/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Deededee
I turned on warmode a few times this week, and yes i have 300k+ kills in pvp so stop your flame right there,

His armory shows he has at least 100k but less than 250k on this account.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/burning-blade/seniorslappy/achievements/player-vs-player

Perhaps he has a second account. I know many who do or did at one time.

-Tink
Its definitely frustrating at times, however its made me a better player imo. be that stunning the 2nd guy in a 1v2, or knowing how to run and when etc. Ive been having fun with it, i also have a guild who i can call for back up. my fav thing is to take my 3s team out and take on 5 mans. really makes us play well.

His armory shows he has at least 100k but less than 250k on this account.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/burning-blade/seniorslappy/achievements/player-vs-player

Perhaps he has a second account. I know many who do or did at one time.

-Tink

Dont sign your posts, oh my god

-eliise
11/07/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Seniorslappy
Been playing on a PVP server since vanilla and this mode has wrecked the game for me. I've never come across such uneven amounts of others factions in my life. I turned on warmode a few times this week, and yes i have 300k+ kills in pvp so stop your flame right there, and its just a gank fest for the horde on my server. Everywhere I went ther was like 10+ horde and no alliance around. It was never this bad when it was a pvp server.

Just giving out a 10% bonus + warchests with gear in them just for playing horde, is that fair? 0 balance of cations?

Then you've never heard of WPVP on Laughing Skull. It was so bad that the Horde felt sorry for us and actually stop killing the few Alliance players on sight. Now off course those same players given the choice to turn off WPVP with Warmode have made that easy choice. I turned it off and actually enjoy the game more.

And yes, it does seem unfair that Horde players are racking up on everything just for playing Horde. More honor, honor levels, conquest, reputation, gear, achievements, gold and even progression in pve.

Balance can only be achieve if some Horde players switch to the Alliance side through some sort of incentive or with A.I farmers filling the ranks of the Alliance.

In the end, perhaps the Alliance players could at least get some type of achievement for dedicating ourselves to insuring Horde players have a quality experience while playing....Through the Pain.
Turn warmode off then you idiot.
11/07/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Ðâwn
11/07/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Seniorslappy

Then you've never heard of WPVP on Laughing Skull. It was so bad that the Horde felt sorry for us and actually stop killing the few Alliance players on sight. Now off course those same players given the choice to turn off WPVP with Warmode have made that easy choice. I turned it off and actually enjoy the game more.

And yes, it does seem unfair that Horde players are racking up on everything just for playing Horde. More honor, honor levels, conquest, reputation, gear, achievements, gold and even progression in pve.

Balance can only be achieve if some Horde players switch to the Alliance side through some sort of incentive or with A.I farmers filling the ranks of the Alliance.

In the end, perhaps the Alliance players could at least get some type of achievement for dedicating ourselves to insuring Horde players have a quality experience while playing....Through the Pain.

That would solve nothing. The 55 to 45 balance changed nothing. Those people still have to turn WM on. Then there is sharding which also changes everything.

Balance will never happen, and it's imabpanced on both sides depending on the shard your on.
11/07/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Alerka
Turn warmode off then you idiot.

wow that really helps! thanks for adding to this thread. Im sure its very fun as horde having nobody to fight
Blizzard will be trying to fix this in 8.1 by giving the underrepresented side - right now, Alliance - a larger war mode bonus.
11/08/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Yarrow
Blizzard will be trying to fix this in 8.1 by giving the underrepresented side - right now, Alliance - a larger war mode bonus.

I don't think they will be giving the entire side that bonus. If they do they will kill WM.

I think from what I read, and the wording they use. They will be giving the underrepresented faction in the shard a bonus.

If they give it to the entire alliance, that will do nothing but break the game to the alliance side.

Holinka said very clearly, that sharding is the real issue. The underdog bonus needs to be shard based.
Your armory says you have 18k, which is account-wide.

Armory is not account wide.
More honor, honor levels

You get more of this as Alliance with the enlistment bonus in BGs...

conquest, reputation, gear, achievements, gold and even progression in pve.

I get the same CP as Alliance. Rep, you got me there. Achieves? Which ones? Gold is so easy to make no matter what. Progression in pve, prob the same as rep, you got me there.

11/08/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Dæmônic
Holinka said very clearly, that sharding is the real issue.

Where did he say this? I have been arguing this in the BG forums, but no one believes me because poor Alliance...
I don't understand why they don't simply make shards grab an equal number of alliance and horde players for each map (that have WM on), so that it's balanced no matter what.

Maybe I'm not understanding something about shards but it's what I would do.
More honor, honor levels

You get more of this as Alliance with the enlistment bonus in BGs...

conquest, reputation, gear, achievements, gold and even progression in pve.

I get the same CP as Alliance. Rep, you got me there. Achieves? Which ones? Gold is so easy to make no matter what. Progression in pve, prob the same as rep, you got me there.

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Where did he say this? I have been arguing this in the BG forums, but no one believes me because poor Alliance...

It was Ion My Bad, and,

I think global faction balance is in a pretty fine place," Hazzikostas said. "There are two problems that we're looking for solutions to. War Mode and participation in War Mode is one thing where I think we've actually made some technical improvements to improve shard balancing in practice in [the Battle for Azeroth expansion].

A variety of difficult-to-control factors can contribute to imbalance in populations of Horde versus Alliance in the same server areas in War Mode.

For example, players who join large raid groups for world quests all abruptly appear on the same shard, causing an imbalance that the game's internal systems try to balance by bringing in an equivalent number of opposite-faction players. If the raid group then disbands after the quest is done, causing those players to pop back into their own realms, the compensating characters can leave a sudden glut of opposing faction players in the area.

If they are crying in BG forums this may help your cause :)

For example, overall win rates in random battlegrounds are "shockingly even," he said. The Isle of Conquest and Alterac Valley battlegrounds tend to favor Alliance "a bit" and everything else skews mildly to the Horde, with a win rate of 54%-46%, he said. Rated battlegrounds, which can queue teams of Alliance vs. Alliance or Horde vs. Horde, aren't included in those calculations.

All that, here - https://www.forbes.com/sites/hnewman/2018/11/07/blizzard-working-to-balance-warcrafts-alliance-and-horde-players-in-war-mode-raiding/#66385bce3c18
11/09/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Xardas
I don't understand why they don't simply make shards grab an equal number of alliance and horde players for each map (that have WM on), so that it's balanced no matter what.

Maybe I'm not understanding something about shards but it's what I would do.

They attempt to do that at first. Yet you are trying to grab people as they leave and enter zones on a regular basis, try to get them onto a shard with people from their server. As you have people leave you have to hope people enter the zone of the faction that needs more population for that shard. Then you have people who form groups and parties who bring people in for their faction that were not accounted for by the sharding algorithim, but still need to be addressed. So the sharding tech brings in more people to account for that group or raid, but then that group or raid finishes their WQ and disband, and the faction that had the group or raid is suddenly outnumbered.

So what you'd have to do is constantly drag and drop people from one shard to another, even if they haven't changed zones. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't like being in a shard, doing something like gathering ore, fishing, killing rares, or fight horde, than suddenly get pulled into another shard to balance it. So suffice to say that there is a delay between when an imbalance happens, and when the sharding tech can address it.

Then you still have the problem of: What do you do with the extra players? The ones on the more populated faction? Right now they dump them on a shard by themselves, with virtually no members of the other faction. Which means they aren't getting a real War Mode experience, nor are they able to finish War Mode related weekly quests.
11/09/2018 09:04 AMPosted by Dæmônic
If they are crying in BG forums this may help your cause :)

trust me:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769608944?page=19#detail

19 pages already.

Btw, saw you in AB last night (think it was you?) Bad BG for us though lol