Warmode is Trash

War Mode and World PvP
world pvp just isnt what it used to be. this happened in wotlk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kEmd874iko

i was on horde side obviously. hellsbargain an ally started rallying pvpers for weeks for both sides, he was saying it was boring to fight so little opposition so everyone started pvping in wintergrasp and it all lead up to this server crashing moment in the video 320 ish ally versus 250ish horde but we never got a chance to fight because the server bailed on us. epic moments like this will never be forgotten

two days ago a group of 10 from proudmoore took over the horde docks where we set our missions off from and no one with WM on horde even cared. just to be clear i dont pvp much at all but when a small event like this happens i get excited to pvp because it brings me back to days where there was server aggression horde v alliance, get a counter group and just have fun.

WHERE HAS ALL THE FUN GONE?
Formed pre-launch BFA, HORDE HEROES is a booming PVP conclave of like minded players that all follow the banner of The HORDE!

JOIN TODAY IF YOU ENJOY:

-Killing Alliance
-Queuing Battlegrounds
-Rated PvP
- A 1500+ player community

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/nSwQU7

Say Hello!

PST AXELION-MAL'GANIS FOR MORE INFORMATION,
TUES, WED, THURS,
4PM pst - 7PM pst
I like warmode you can force yourself into a brawl without Blizz schedule.
And I like it twice more because we’ve got no profit of our activities only fun.
11/07/2018 10:54 PMPosted by Dæmônic
11/07/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Ðâwn

Then you've never heard of WPVP on Laughing Skull. It was so bad that the Horde felt sorry for us and actually stop killing the few Alliance players on sight. Now off course those same players given the choice to turn off WPVP with Warmode have made that easy choice. I turned it off and actually enjoy the game more.

And yes, it does seem unfair that Horde players are racking up on everything just for playing Horde. More honor, honor levels, conquest, reputation, gear, achievements, gold and even progression in pve.

Balance can only be achieve if some Horde players switch to the Alliance side through some sort of incentive or with A.I farmers filling the ranks of the Alliance.

In the end, perhaps the Alliance players could at least get some type of achievement for dedicating ourselves to insuring Horde players have a quality experience while playing....Through the Pain.

That would solve nothing. The 55 to 45 balance changed nothing. Those people still have to turn WM on. Then there is sharding which also changes everything.

Balance will never happen, and it's imabpanced on both sides depending on the shard your on.

11/08/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Dæmônic
11/08/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Yarrow
Blizzard will be trying to fix this in 8.1 by giving the underrepresented side - right now, Alliance - a larger war mode bonus.

I don't think they will be giving the entire side that bonus. If they do they will kill WM.

I think from what I read, and the wording they use. They will be giving the underrepresented faction in the shard a bonus.

If they give it to the entire alliance, that will do nothing but break the game to the alliance side.

Holinka said very clearly, that sharding is the real issue. The underdog bonus needs to be shard based.

They did this in Warhammer Online and not only did it make everyone happy but it encouraged constant PvP.
Let's face it, world PvP died when they instroduced the shared servers and had players of all servers mixed together.

Too many random people you don't know or will never see again. You don't form any lasting friendships outside of guilds really. You don't get arch enemies like you did back in the day of Tarren Mill and Hillsbrad. PvP was better back then because WoW had millions more subs and could afford to have servers that weren't shared.

I'm gonna say it, we also lost out with the removal of the old Alterac BG. The one where you could log off at lunch and log back on after dinner and the same BG instance was still going on. That was friggin epic.
.... But being the underdog faction (Alliance) provides such a great opportunity.... So many Horde players have warmode on. If you run gank squads you will ALWAYS have content to do, sometimes you have to switch zones to find it but there is plenty of people to gank out there.

I feel the Alliance can have more fun in warmode if they stop thinking about it as a way to get bonuses from world quests, and start thinking about it as a way to group up and have fun doing the content as intended: PVP!!!!!!

Sure I have fun solo ganking on my rogue from time to time, but less so on my warrior. That's fine, it's simply what the class brings to the table and a warrior is a great addition to any gank team. On my rogue I'm always scouting ahead with my druid group leader, on my warrior I mostly hang back with the team.
11/12/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Cornstalker
.... But being the underdog faction (Alliance) provides such a great opportunity.... So many Horde players have warmode on.

If we take away your stealth you'll change your opinion in an hour.
11/12/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Cuteraccoon
.... But being the underdog faction (Alliance) provides such a great opportunity.... So many Horde players have warmode on.

I have a warrior with Horde Slayer too. GG
11/12/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Cuteraccoon

Yeah. GG
Try a hunter. You can avoid all PvP situations where you are outnumbered. Just keep track humanoids and track hidden on and pay attention to your minimap.
11/09/2018 10:06 AMPosted by Balanor
Then you still have the problem of: What do you do with the extra players? The ones on the more populated faction? Right now they dump them on a shard by themselves, with virtually no members of the other faction. Which means they aren't getting a real War Mode experience, nor are they able to finish War Mode related weekly quests.

But, they get a 10% free bonus on all their other dailies, which seems to be what most player value. Then that leads to a PVE imbalance, etc.
11/12/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Yarrow
Then you still have the problem of: What do you do with the extra players? The ones on the more populated faction? Right now they dump them on a shard by themselves, with virtually no members of the other faction. Which means they aren't getting a real War Mode experience, nor are they able to finish War Mode related weekly quests.

But, they get a 10% free bonus on all their other dailies, which seems to be what most player value. Then that leads to a PVE imbalance, etc.

Think of it as paying 10% to be protected from pvp. It's all how you look at it. There's nothing imbalanced about the game. PvPers are gravitating to Horde and PvEers are going towards Alliance. You have every opportunity to play Horde if you want the 10% bonus and have more people around you while the Warmode option is on.
I'm enjoying the experience boost which is the only reason why I have it enabled. it helps so to me it's not trash. Maybe at 120 if you're not running with a group it would not be fun. I am pretty sure I'll be turning it off when hit 120 since I won't need it anymore.

Think of it as paying 10% to be protected from pvp. It's all how you look at it. There's nothing imbalanced about the game. PvPers are gravitating to Horde and PvEers are going towards Alliance. You have every opportunity to play Horde if you want the 10% bonus and have more people around you while the Warmode option is on.

Small problem with that. Most top level PvE guilds are Horde as well. something something broken racials or something like that.

There are 4 Alliance guilds in the top 20 for the US.
https://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us

top 40? 6. yeah. 6. we gain 2 more guilds in the list.

I'll keep my wPvP on, i enjoy it. though I have been playing my rogue a lot more lately since i can actually escape when i'm being overrun. Bubble hearth only gets you so far :)
11/12/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Yarrow

We've also seen plenty of Horde players who would like to see some War Mode action, and have issues doing things like the Call to Arms without joining a group in another shard, and even then they may have to shard hop until they find enough players to fight.

And that 10% buff is going to diminish in importance over time. WQ rewards aren't nearly as important now as they were when the expansion launched. So the population of players keeping War Mode on for a 10% buff to stop they don't really need as much isn't going to be as strong of a reason to excuse this problem.