what class will you play? poll inside

Classic Discussion
this is a poll i started a few months ago, reposting the link for more votes.

the numbers are surprisingly even.

https://www.strawpoll.me/15498558
Why isn't demon hunter on the list?
Hunters at 9%, that is surprising. Vanilla was full of hunters, who brought about the nickname Huntards...
I'm actually surprised at how balanced this appears
These polls can be influenced and I don't know how well this represents reality but the numbers seem in line with what I expect.
Warlock numbers are a bit high compared to vanilla. Warlocks and druids were typically scarce.
11/08/2018 07:38 PMPosted by Kamlyn
Warlock numbers are a bit high compared to vanilla. Warlocks and druids were typically scarce.

people understand warlocks and druids now much more than back then, i expect to see more warlocks and less druids than original vanilla.
I expect numbers to balance out a lot more to the scarce druid/shammy, with the competent ones even rarer. At least i hope so, I don't want a bunch of other druids running around qq
11/08/2018 07:27 PMPosted by Coniferous
These polls can be influenced and I don't know how well this represents reality but the numbers seem in line with what I expect.

it seems about what i expect. influenced in what way?
Druid, priest and warlock above a mage?? That can't be right.
If the factions are 50/50 that makes shamans and paladins 18% of their faction. A fresh poll the week before is better along with one asking which faction.

I will be a healer but not a shaman (been there). Not sure on faction. Leaning druid or priest.
11/08/2018 07:24 PMPosted by Script
You're a funny guy, I like you.
I expect there to be quite a few warriors on horde. I welcome the competition.
11/08/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Vhok
11/08/2018 07:38 PMPosted by Kamlyn

people understand warlocks and druids now much more than back then, i expect to see more warlocks and less druids than original vanilla.

Eh, I think the current warlock has people fooled.

Vanilla Warlock is not for the faint of heart. When people get a taste of what its like farming shards before they can do anything they will quickly change their character screen to mage.
11/08/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Vhok
this is a poll i started a few months ago, reposting the link for more votes.

the numbers are surprisingly even.

https://www.strawpoll.me/15498558

I know this sounds strange but the Horde & Alliance in your survey are counted both separate and merged.

Merged in the case of Non Paladin / Shaman, but when you consider paladin / shaman you're counting them as different factions even though they are faction specific.

The results you're showing will be on a faction by faction basis; meaning you're results will only be accurate if you look at it from the point of view of a single faction not including say Paladin, and yet that's not exactly correct either..

The easy way even though it does not entirely fix the problem is to count both paladin and shaman together as a single class because they are faction specific.

If you do that; they are actually the dominant class in the poll, and that is very interesting.
I got a forum ban for creating a poll. Apparently it incites arguing on the forums. Put under the trolling/spamming catergory
11/08/2018 09:57 PMPosted by Crumbs
I got a forum ban for creating a poll. Apparently it incites arguing on the forums. Put under the trolling/spamming catergory

that prolly depends on the kind of poll. i hardly think asking what class people would like to play falls into troll/spamm catergory.
11/08/2018 07:24 PMPosted by Script

2/10 for a troll post.
Funny note. When I voted and saw the pie chart on the side, I am so used to Blizzard's class color coding I was like "really?! Shaman first and Paladin second.. huh interesting" then I saw the classes with votes etc was like "... wait what? oh yeah off site"
11/08/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Vhok
11/08/2018 09:57 PMPosted by Crumbs

that prolly depends on the kind of poll. i hardly think asking what class people would like to play falls into troll/spamm catergory.

Hmm I'd still be careful then. There's a specific person on classic forums that reports posts just for kicks and I know by experience that there's a mod for these forums that will go with it even if it does not fit the report.