what class will you play? poll inside

Classic Discussion
If these numbers hold true the faction specific classes are going to be the most played classes on there factions.
11/08/2018 10:09 PMPosted by Matcauthon
If these numbers hold true the faction specific classes are going to be the most played classes on there factions.

That's what I was pointing out, its crayz!

Heck I fully intend to play paladin again because its so fun. I know exactly what I am getting into and I have no reason to complain about it. There are ways around the so called paladin deficiencies that presumably exist, but the truth is there is nothing wrong with the class; you only need to get a little creative in your gear allocation because plate is not usually the best choice regarding early Raid PVE. (even for a healer)

Yeah thats actually rly interesting.
11/08/2018 10:11 PMPosted by Härländ

That's what I was pointing out, its crayz!

Heck I fully intend to play paladin again because its so fun. I know exactly what I am getting into and I have no reason to complain about it. There are ways around the so called paladin deficiencies that presumably exist, but the truth is there is nothing wrong with the class; you only need to get a little creative in your gear allocation because plate is not usually the best choice regarding early Raid PVE. (even for a healer)

What do you plan to do as a paladin?

Asking cus I plan to try and get into off-tank raiding as a prot pally,
11/08/2018 07:27 PMPosted by Matcauthon
I'm actually surprised at how balanced this appears

There's going to be lots of gnashing of teeth when they find out their spec is less viable than the warrior-mage-rogue bloc or priest-paladin for healing.
At least it appears we will have tanks, warriors being the only real tank.

I just hope the people playing warrior will get the hang of stance dancing.
11/08/2018 10:13 PMPosted by Raggnnar
What do you plan to do as a paladin?

Mostly healing for raid, but when the need for the guild exists I will re-talent to ret or prot if needed, but I do BG's and occasionally dabble with Retribution. It's comically OP in BG's as long as you're playing with a group and you help support / peel the casters with your HoJ / Repentance. IMO 3rd strongest class build in organized PVP simply because repentance and HoJ is that strong when used in a coordinated way.

The only other classes with that much CC are Lock, Mage and Rogue; nothing else even comes close but hunter and they're limited to FD + Trap or kiting, but that's less useful than the ability to instantly peel a healer or caster on demand assuming the CD and coordinated CC or pressure on their healers to prevent dispel.
11/08/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Arkanor
Hunters at 9%, that is surprising. Vanilla was full of hunters, who brought about the nickname Huntards...

Yeah i think people level hunters as they are easy to level, once they hit 60 they quit and pick something else. You will be surprised a lot of players play a class for three reasons. One its OP, two they level easy and three they actually like the class. Sadly i think the first two are selected most often.
What people will play vs what will the reroll. The pserver people are aware of the play style at 60. The ones that don’t know but are thinking about ease of level will eventually reroll.

Warlock and hunter being the main ones that will skew the poll.
I will roll a Lock just like my very first toon back in Vanilla. I can't wait to do all the OG Lock quests again.
The coloring on the pie chart is messed up in this poll. Warlocks are colored pink and Warriors are colored blue LOL

If you hover with your mouse over the pie chart, you will see what i mean
This only tells us one thing.

1) Everyone is picking their class based on raid meters.
I bet 50% of these "priests, druids and warriors" will be hunters within 2 weeks after launch.
11/09/2018 05:24 AMPosted by Apropos
This only tells us one thing.

1) Everyone is picking their class based on raid meters.

I think there is some sampling bias going on. Every server I've been on has had disproportionately more warriors, rogues, and hunters. I am guessing that the poll is a big skewed because of the types of players who frequent the classic forums represent a different sample than the average player. People on these forums are probably long time vanilla fans? I'm not sure exactly how that would impact the polls, but it would skew the data somehow.
11/08/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Orodroth
Druid, priest and warlock above a mage?? That can't be right.

Don’t worry it’s not right.
It makes me happy that the poll is actually quite balanced in numbers... Was expecting 95% rogue!
Druids: nah, you wont.
Rogues: You will until you start dealing with constant deaths, energy issues, no heals, and respawns.

I was incredibly lucky. I caught the post nos community exactly at the point that a new server released. My poor rogue...

Heres how it will actually go down:

Mages: Loads of players. No downside. Range pulls. Mobs at 30% by the time they reach you. No issues.
Shammy-pally: Either emcl or bubble hearth, sure they'll be fine. They know whats coming down the line. It can suck early on, but that utility though...
Warriors: No one is going to struggle rolling a warrior. Tanking deadmines/wc in arms with defensive stance, hooray!
Priests: youre gonna easily make it to stv... then youre going to question it. But if you run dungeons as a healer... in a community ready for wipes and expecting them without automatically blaming the shadow priest healer? You'll hit your 40s (the cut off point, you make it to Tanaris, youre probs making it to 60).
Warlocks: prepare for absolute adoration. Health stones, summoning, clutch off tanks? The single most under rated class in wow. No one knows or understands why. So much utility. So much consistent damage. But people do love their burst. You ignore this nonsense and youre a hero. You're eternal mid table in damage. But dear god, no raid is complete without you. And because youre so under the radar as crap mages, the more you shine.

And then theres these idiots:
I want to stealth and own everyone...

Druids: Less effective than priests and pallys in dungeons as healer. More likely to be forced to spec resto because innervate is SO INCREDIBLY POWERFUL that no guild is going to admire your commitment to swift shifting and clutch multi-class. Prepare to have your kitty dps/furry tank dreams smashed. ETA: Not druid, but im tangential: If you roll a pally, do everyone a favor and roll dwarf for heal ward.

Rogues: Enjoy your corpse runs pre 30. Then enjoy boring combat swords and slice and dice to 50 (if you actually want to level up). Then enjoy combat daggers at 60 gimping you massively in the world.
Or just go pvp (sin or sub) with zero usefulness in end game.
Watch all the rogues reroll warrior when reality bites. And it will bite.

ETA: crap, i forgot hunters. Always in demand. Whether trapping or kiting. Raids (my guild) shut down without a single hunter. One hunter... you're always in demand. Questing is the easiest of ez modes. Just for heavens sake learn to dismiss your pet... or dont, and enjoy the chaos when the entire instance is pulled on our heads because we decided to take a shortcut in gnomeregan.
I promise you, we'll still find it hilarious so long as you use 'sheepish admission' on us when the dust settles.
11/09/2018 05:49 AMPosted by Ippollite
Rogues: You will until you start dealing with constant deaths, energy issues, no heals, and respawns.

I was incredibly lucky. I caught the post nos community exactly at the point that a new server released. My poor rogue...

Mages: Loads of players. No downside. Range pulls. Mobs at 30% by the time they reach you. No issues.
Shammy-pally: Either emcl or bubble hearth, sure they'll be fine. They know whats coming down the line. It can suck early on, but that utility though...
Warriors: No one is going to struggle rolling a warrior. Tanking deadmines/wc in arms with defensive stance, hooray!
Priests: youre gonna easily make it to stv... then youre going to question it. But if you run dungeons as a healer... in a community ready for wipes and expecting them without automatically blaming the shadow priest healer? You'll hit your 40s (the cut off point, you make it to Tanaris, youre probs making it to 60).
Warlocks: prepare for absolute adoration. Health stones, summoning, clutch off tanks? The single most under rated class in wow. No one knows or understands why. So much utility. So much consistent damage. But people do love their burst. You ignore this nonsense and youre a hero. You're eternal mid table in damage. But dear god, no raid is complete without you. And because youre so under the radar as crap mages, the more you shine.

Druids: Less effective than priests and pallys in dungeons as healer. More likely to be forced to spec resto because innervate is SO INCREDIBLY POWERFUL that no guild is going to admire your commitment to swift shifting and clutch multi-class. Prepare to have your kitty dps/furry tank dreams smashed. ETA: Not druid, but im tangential: If you roll a pally, do everyone a favor and roll dwarf for heal ward.

Rogues: Enjoy your corpse runs pre 30. Then enjoy boring combat swords and slice and dice to 50 (if you actually want to level up). Then enjoy combat daggers at 60 gimping you massively in the world.

innervate is not a talent in 1.12
11/09/2018 05:54 AMPosted by Vhok
11/09/2018 05:49 AMPosted by Ippollite

innervate is not a talent in 1.12

It's not? I admit i was a rogue around 1.9 when i switched from eu to us. Let me check. This feels... weirdly wrong.

ETA: turned into a base ability in 1.11. Im so sorry druids.
ETA2@ no innervate: i was already going druid, This settles it. You mean i can hybrid druid and still innervate and all i lose is swiftmend? 0/30/21 here i come!
i'm really torn on what to play myself. its hard to pick in classic