Is it time to end Dark Moon Faire?

General Discussion
Dark Moon Faire used to be a fun diversion. Now it seems to be a frustrating time waster that does not function properly for all races and classes of toons. The profession quests don't even work half the time anymore. Getting there is just a major pain with all the lag in SW and when you come out of the Faire area in Goldshire the lag was so bad tonight it took me nearly 5 minutes by the clock to be able to leave the area with the stop start lag. It really sucks to have stop action so bad that when you start to be able to move again you turn around, the lag turns the toon around it is so bad, and when you turn around take a step you are froze again. As a long term player I am not enjoying the experience and question this events relevance in the game with all the problems getting there, getting back and the bugs inherent in the area itself.
I still love DMF and this is the first time ive heard of lag but then again I don’t seem to have lag issues.
No, they are making a roller coaster for it.
I sure don't lag at all leaving and entering I think that's just you man.
I got a feeling the lag is on your end.

I never had any lag with the faire or with Stormwind
I'm lagging so therefore the Darkmoon Faire needs to be removed from the game.

That's basically what you just said.
[quote="207683412479"]I'm lagging so therefore the Darkmoon Faire needs to be removed from the game.

That's basically what you just said.[/quote

Lmao pretty much
i won my rabbit and heirloom trinket. now that professions don't skill up from the DMF quests, the whole island is dead to me
Have you ever considered just, you know, not doing it?

Just because you don't like it, it shouldn't be removed from the game.
I don't like humans, but you don't see me advocating for them to be removed from the game.
Silly silly panda.
I think it needs an update for sure. It would look super awesome with all the updated assets and stuff.

That and I would really like the potions they sell to effect people below 110. I want to be short, dammit.
it's Bloody garbage that the skill point were taken away !@#$ing garbage What the hell were the devs thinking!!
I wish they made the profession quests help towards your progression. It was useful for alts. But the change to the profession skill feels sort of bad. A +1 to all skilled would be good if you capped the vanilla skill for example. I find the tickets useful for leveling though. I just sort of wish the Alternate progression for leveling professions was back in a way.
11/09/2018 02:08 AMPosted by Rizbow
I don't like humans, but you don't see me advocating for them to be removed from the game.
That's racist! What did humans ever do to you?!
11/09/2018 02:11 AMPosted by Aassvik
it's Bloody garbage that the skill point were taken away !@#$ing garbage What the hell were the devs thinking!!

Time played metric, clearly!
Because removing perfectly working content is always good for the game
What is it with all these "removal" threads, just because "you" don't like it.

BTW, I haven't experienced any lag in SW or/and on my way to DMF.
I'm never in favor of removing content.
Yeah i don't see them removing Dark Moon Faire, the whole place has way too much of an old god vibe with the main eye symbol, and wasn't Silas Darkmoon made out to be some super powerful and mysterious guy in the Sunwell comics?
Its got rep/exp boosts for it, and various vanity items from a number of sources.
11/09/2018 01:32 AMPosted by Pandacavy
Dark Moon Faire used to be a fun diversion. Now it seems to be a frustrating time waster that does not function properly for all races and classes of toons. The profession quests don't even work half the time anymore. Getting there is just a major pain with all the lag in SW and when you come out of the Faire area in Goldshire the lag was so bad tonight it took me nearly 5 minutes by the clock to be able to leave the area with the stop start lag. It really sucks to have stop action so bad that when you start to be able to move again you turn around, the lag turns the toon around it is so bad, and when you turn around take a step you are froze again. As a long term player I am not enjoying the experience and question this events relevance in the game with all the problems getting there, getting back and the bugs inherent in the area itself.

Sounds like you need a better computer if you're getting so much lag that it takes you 5 minutes to leave the area that you teleported to.

The Darkmoon Faire is fine, it's a short fun period to play a few games, get some tickets and earn some unique rewards. You don't have to do it, it's entirely optional.

So if it's not for you? Fine, don't do it. But don't try to reason that because you're not having fun, no one else should be able to either.