Fortified Teeming Explosive

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Next week we have the worst possible affix combo in the game. We can only hope the one part time M+ balance developer did the one thing he was meant for and adjusted this affix to not be complete disaster.

Id bump this thread next week when it goes live but I know I wont have to. When people start the new week they will come running here to pray to Dev jesus to fix this abomination.

Many of the M+ community has already mentally checked out of this week and opted to just get their one +10 and then just wait for it to be over with.
Yea, at least this week is cruisy so we can push and take next week off! But agreed, they needed to both adjust the explosives (eels in shrine spawning on bottom, amount of orbs from teeming etc. and some of the bosses still) and adjust some of the teeming packs - i.e. underrot before first boss. If they can clear some of this up it might see a little bit of play, particularly those instances which can get huge boss roadblocks in tyrannical weeks (looking at you TD final boss, i hate you as a healer on tyrannical).
Yea, at least this week is cruisy so we can push and take next week off! But agreed, they needed to both adjust the explosives (eels in shrine spawning on bottom, amount of orbs from teeming etc. and some of the bosses still) and adjust some of the teeming packs - i.e. underrot before first boss. If they can clear some of this up it might see a little bit of play, particularly those instances which can get huge boss roadblocks in tyrannical weeks (looking at you TD final boss, i hate you as a healer on tyrannical).

See thats just it, there should be a system of balance in place that has people saying "yeah im just not going to do Mythic + for a week. That is just terrible design.
To be fair not every week is going to be balanced. And I do enjoy extra challenges some weeks. I just dont PUSH these weeks. Help friends do 10s and enjoy the complex mechanics, as we say in rock climbing, dont bring the climb down to your level bring your level up to the climb!
11/11/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Grumpsey
To be fair not every week is going to be balanced. And I do enjoy extra challenges some weeks. I just dont PUSH these weeks. Help friends do 10s and enjoy the complex mechanics, as we say in rock climbing, dont bring the climb down to your level bring your level up to the climb!

There will never be perfect balance. Having one set affixes more difficult than another is also fine but this and a couple other are completely out of wack.

Is so much to ask for a smoother experience?
I didnt check out next weeks affixes yet so this is news to me, it does sound like it will be an ugly week for runs. Personally I will still be trying my hardest to get in on runs but for me M+ is my end game. I've always enjoyed 5 mans and the constant bumping of HP/DMG along with weekly affixes just keeps me coming back for more.

In terms of giving a smoother experience I don't feel like they are doing a bad job of it really. Some of the affixes are simple, others are a nightmare. The same thing can be said about the dungeons as well though. IMO Waycrest Manor and Shrine of the Storms just feed off of damn near every affix that gets tossed at them. The last 2 weeks have been pretty simple so going into what sounds like will be a hectic week is a welcome change to me. Im sure I wont be completing as many runs as I did the last 2 weeks but the ones I do manage to time will feel a whole lot better to me lol.
Vaethos - all in all I do agree with you, and hope they adjust them as I mentioned. I didn't mean to come across as if I didn't I just wanted to expand on my thoughts about the fluctuating difficulty.

<3 Grumpsey
i'm just gonna do a 10 next week and call it quits unless a guildie drags me somewhere. I've reached a level of burnout with the current state of mythic+ dungeons
I just think its kinda wrong the disparity between say fortified explosive shrine week and a fortified waycrest or a tyrannical tol dagor compared to atal dazar, its so off.
I dont even think I care about my 10 for next week. Ive been DEing things every week for a while now... I got an azerite piece last week so I doubt ill get one this week. Yeah theres a chance at a 380 piece...but the chances of it being an actual upgrade are minimal. I swear to god I get something with haste on it every week and i dont care about haste at all.

I mean...this last week was a joke. I wanted 10's across the board on my toon and some of the "harder" dungeons were just a nightmare. People just couldnt do temple this week and it made me sad.

A lot of the quality players have fallen off to be completely honest.
11/12/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Requan

I mean...this last week was a joke. I wanted 10's across the board on my toon and some of the "harder" dungeons were just a nightmare. People just couldnt do temple this week and it made me sad.

Temples problem is the way the bosses are designed. Their mechanics don't hit very hard until it's Tyrannical 10+ and then they're one shotting people for things they can't avoid. First boss you need to stack near the boss to share the sweep damage, and walk thru him for cyclone. How many ranged/healers didn't know this? That's why melee get minced on this fight, specifically the overlap between that sweep and the lightning nova. Second boss you need to move CONSTANTLY in phase 3 so you don't get snaked in venom, that attack really needs a cast time. The damage from snake+venom is just too damn high if it's not stunned off you INSTANTLY. Third boss is jokingly easy if you have good communication, but it's the death of pugs. Those lazers hit hard enough on high level tyrannical that one person taking it from you when they shouldn't means you've already wiped. You don't know it yet, but you have, since you both have the debuff now and will domino out of control with your stacks.
11/12/2018 08:56 AMPosted by Leafblight
11/12/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Requan

Temples problem is the way the bosses are designed. Their mechanics don't hit very hard until it's Tyrannical 10+ and then they're one shotting people for things they can't avoid. First boss you need to stack near the boss to share the sweep damage, and walk thru him for cyclone. How many ranged/healers didn't know this? That's why melee get minced on this fight, specifically the overlap between that sweep and the lightning nova. Second boss you need to move CONSTANTLY in phase 3 so you don't get snaked in venom, that attack really needs a cast time. The damage from snake+venom is just too damn high if it's not stunned off you INSTANTLY. Third boss is jokingly easy if you have good communication, but it's the death of pugs. Those lazers hit hard enough on high level tyrannical that one person taking it from you when they shouldn't means you've already wiped. You don't know it yet, but you have, since you both have the debuff now and will domino out of control with your stacks.

Temple is probably the hardest tyrannical dungeon with the exception of the first boss in underrot. It's timer is lenient, but the bosses are just dps/hps checks. The first boss you can avoid 90% of the damage with the exception of the group aoe. You stack for the charge when it's cast so it's in a straight line, then move as a group in one direction so you all dodge it. Don't get hit by the cone cyclone strike is, self explanatory. The 2nd boss is just to stay moving after every other breath so you don't get rooted in green except p2. The third boss may be one of the hardest in m+ tyrannical. it's just a straight up dps/hps check and really hard on some weeks. The last boss isn't as bad, and you can do the bridge trash with the boss in the last phase so you have the buffs for it, which makes that bridge pack a joke for easy percent since you're basically unkillable with a huge haste buff. As long as you can kill the bosses, the timer is really fair.
11/12/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Iuffy
11/12/2018 08:56 AMPosted by Leafblight

Temple is probably the hardest tyrannical dungeon with the exception of the first boss in underrot. It's timer is lenient, but the bosses are just dps/hps checks. The first boss you can avoid 90% of the damage with the exception of the group aoe. You stack for the charge when it's cast so it's in a straight line, then move as a group in one direction so you all dodge it. Don't get hit by the cone cyclone strike is, self explanatory. The 2nd boss is just to stay moving after every other breath so you don't get rooted in green except p2. The third boss may be one of the hardest in m+ tyrannical. it's just a straight up dps/hps check and really hard on some weeks. The last boss isn't as bad, and you can do the bridge trash with the boss in the last phase so you have the buffs for it, which makes that bridge pack a joke for easy percent since you're basically unkillable with a huge haste buff. As long as you can kill the bosses, the timer is really fair.

I like how melee say just keep moving on that snake boss, as if that's an option for everyone >.>
11/12/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Leafblight

I like how melee say just keep moving on that snake boss, as if that's an option for everyone >.>

you move for 3 seconds every other AOE cone. Not even in p2, just 1 and 3. Sacrifice a total of 20 combined seconds of damage(if that) and don't die. The fights a joke and you get the same amount of phases no matter what anyway.
Temple is probably the hardest tyrannical dungeon with the exception of the first boss in underrot.

Underrot first boss is literally one of the easiest bosses. Most tanks won't need a single heal. It's not hard, its just a very tight dps check
11/12/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Kayéd
Temple is probably the hardest tyrannical dungeon with the exception of the first boss in underrot.

Underrot first boss is literally one of the easiest bosses. Most tanks won't need a single heal. It's not hard, its just a very tight dps check

That's why he said "with the exception of the first boss in underrot".
11/12/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Iuffy
11/12/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Leafblight

you move for 3 seconds every other AOE cone. Not even in p2, just 1 and 3. Sacrifice a total of 20 combined seconds of damage(if that) and don't die. The fights a joke and you get the same amount of phases no matter what anyway.

20 seconds out of a 2 minute (active) fight is a rather significant chunk.
11/12/2018 03:46 PMPosted by Kuruptshun
11/12/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Kayéd

The way i read his original post. "Temple is the hardest tyrannical, with the exception of first boss of underrot, " he's saying first boss of Underrot is harder than anything in Temple.
11/12/2018 11:30 PMPosted by Leafblight
11/12/2018 03:46 PMPosted by Kuruptshun

The way i read his original post. "Temple is the hardest tyrannical, with the exception of first boss of underrot, " he's saying first boss of Underrot is harder than anything in Temple.

obviously none of have you have done a high underrot key where you 100% need to kill the boss before the first set of double adds or you die. But yea, burn through a 17 tyranical in 1 minute and 30 seconds. It's so easy that people need to have their healer swap and 4 dps the first boss in order to have a chance of beating the soft enrage. But yea, other that that, it's easy.