Your First Raid

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 11 Next
My first raid experience was throne of thunder. And I was tanking. And people were angry at me for my laggy mac and admitted lack of game knowledge back then. But it was fun
Original Onyxia back when my server had many weekly carries. I got my druid t2 stuff there.

Eventually farmed fire resist gear, filled out an online application to high-quality guild and after a couple test runs I was in like Flynn and had a wonderful time with them for the next two+ years.

Transition to BC was hard for the guild (40 man raids down to 10), but eventually got most of SSC, TK, and we were just starting Black Temple.

Great times indeed :)
Hmmmmmmmm

Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe Karazhan. Good lord this was a long time ago
I think it was either Karazhan or Zul'Aman. I can't remember which, but fun times either way. After that it was Sunwell. Week after week of Sunwell. I did get my Legendary bow though.
My first 40-man was ZG. MC was my true first though.
Molten Core.
I was invited in because "OMG GUYS ITS A GIIIIIIIIIIIIIRL"
That was legit the only reason. I was a hunter. A bad hunter at that.
The only reason I really remember it is because while I was tagging along, I started skinning one of the Core Hounds. No one else was doing it and i was like "Hm well I might as well!"
Then, the raid leader FLIPPED OUT on Vent.
"WHO'S SKINNING THE CORE HOUNDS?! YOU BETTER TRADE THE SKINS TO ME, THIS IS A GUILD RUN AND YOU WERE JUST INVITED TO JOIN US. I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DONT HAND THOSe SKINS OVER RIGHT NOW"
Needless to say, I was scared to death and quickly handed the skins over.
Just kinda stayed silent and in the back for the rest of the run, scared to even breathe at that point.
Molten Core 40 in vanilla. My PC nor my internet could handle it so I basically spent the entire time lagging out/getting carried. Man what an adrenaline rush!
Molten Core was my first raid back when you had 40 people for a raid lol.
Molten Core on this here warrior. Farming rep for the Hydraxian Waterlords because someone always forgot to bring the aqual quintessence to douse the runes... Lol.
ZG. I even dinged level 60 for the first time in there.
Faydedar in the Timorous Deep, for my Leafblower. Though today she would probably be considered a WB.

Still, back in the EQ1 day, it was a raid.

Those EQ1 epic quests would not sit well with today’s gamers (including me).

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=758
This is super embarrassing but we're all friends here and I know you won't tell anyone.

Baradin Hold.

I was such a n00b. I was hanging out in Org on my DK in blood spec, and someone asked me if I wanted to tank Baradin Hold.

WOW! I thought. A RAID! HOW EXCITING!

So... I didn't know what "tanking" was. I didn't know about taunting, or holding threat, or positioning the boss....

Before the pull: "You're going to tank in pvp gear? ... challenge accepted."

After the wipe: "He released. Dude you didn't have to release, we have a rez." "No, let him walk back, I'm fine with this."

I logged out and never ever tanked on my DK again.
MC back in like 4.2, was a lvl 60-something and had 2 level 85s carrying me through everything, funny enough even they had trouble with some of the bosses back then
Went OOM in about 30 seconds because I didnt know about down ranking spells

Lmao I forgot about having to do that.

I got dragged into MC having no idea what I was doing. The first one I actually participated in and cleared was Kara.
Karazhan as a holy priest with no experience, no add-ons, and never having healed any sort of raid before.
Zul'gurub

I was very late to the level 60 party, was a pretty slow leveler back then, and didn't do Molten Core or Onyxia until after doing Zul'gurub.
Antorus.
Started late into legion. So, Argus was my first aotc.
The first raid I ever saw was Molten Core and it blew my mind, though it wasn't current content at the time. Some friends dragged my noob level 60-something character through it to show me. Pretty sure I died more than once lol.

The first raid I did at level was Siege of Orgrimmar LFR. It was super epic and terrifying because I thought everyone would somehow magically know I was a noob if I screwed up even the smallest thing and kick me. Look at the boss wrong? KICKED, WHAT A SCRUB. Or something like that.
I was going to write a long post about a good memory, but TL;DR...

We were a small WPvP guild tackling the LK in Cata over the course of a week, lol.

They got the achievement while I was offline due to internet issues. I'm still happy for them :) And I hope they're all doing well today...
That would be kara back in BC on my warlock.