Eye Color

Death Knight
I know this kind of thing was never taken seriously in the past but with all the cosmetic changes I would be curious to see if this is a possibility.

I would love to see a barber customization for us, maybe just add green and red, for our eye glow. It would be nice to see this as an option, obviously people can keep blue if they prefer.

This would be a minor but welcomed change, especially since we are currently not looking to get any Allied races so any appearance options would be nice.
Blue eyes are as much a part of 3rd gen DKs as runeblades. the only options should be blue, blue, and blue.
11/11/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Inemia
Blue eyes are as much a part of 3rd gen DKs as runeblades. the only options should be blue, blue, and blue.

Essentially this. Eye colors hold specific magical significance a majority of the time, and as Death Knights we are no exception. Giving us red or green eyes would end up signifying something that we are not, until such a time as we are given those magical sources, which is unlikely to say the least.
Watch the Wrath of the Lich King cinematic and you will know why our eyes are blue and why they shouldn't be anything else.

11/12/2018 02:51 AMPosted by Tyriaan
Watch the Wrath of the Lich King cinematic and you will know why our eyes are blue and why they shouldn't be anything else.

Shall i point out that the CURRENT Lich King's eyes are amber/orange?
Clearly they don't HAVE to be blue.
11/12/2018 04:27 AMPosted by Zephyrath

he's not a deathknight.
I like the blue eyes. It matches my mog well and my own eyes IRL =)
There is one death knight that has red eyes in Acherus
Honestly there are times when I’m not a fan of the blue glow and would prefer just normal eyes BUT I really really want the face markings/tattoos like Thassarian and instructor Raszuvious has. that would be my preference.
11/12/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Redraider
Honestly there are times when I’m not a fan of the blue glow and would prefer just normal eyes BUT I really really want the face markings/tattoos like Thassarian and instructor Raszuvious has. that would be my preference.

That would be sweet.

Surprised we have so many nay sayers, but the forum is full of people with very anti-choice attitudes. We have a game that evolves, time to branch out. You can keep the blue eyes, no one is stopping you.
11/12/2018 04:27 AMPosted by Zephyrath

11/12/2018 02:51 AMPosted by Tyriaan

Shall I point out that Bolvar wasn't the one who raised us back to life.

Also, Bolvar was roasted by Alexstrasza at the Wrathgate before being taken and tortured by Arthas. That would be the reason behind the orange eyes.
11/12/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Draekron
but the forum is full of people with very anti-choice attitudes.

Wanting cohesive and consistent story elements is "anti-choice?" Yikes.

We have a game that evolves, time to branch out.

Sure. Get back to us when the game and lore has evolved to the point that we use nature or fel magic to warrant green and red eyes, or whichever other color people want tomorrow.
Night elves get a black eye choice next xpac because reasons so would be nice if NEDK's could get black eyes too.

I know it's not related, but still would be nice.
11/12/2018 02:51 PMPosted by Manarri
but the forum is full of people with very anti-choice attitudes.

Wanting cohesive and consistent story elements is "anti-choice?" Yikes.

We have a game that evolves, time to branch out.

Sure. Get back to us when the game and lore has evolved to the point that we use nature or fel magic to warrant green and red eyes, or whichever other color people want tomorrow.

Psst, have you played your other two specs? Do you have the DK mount? Guess what, unholy spells are depicted as green, and blood as red.

And you can relax with the "yikes," my dude. This isn't tumblr. Edit: Actually, most of the forum is whiners and whiners whining about whiners. I withdraw my previous statement. Keep your "yikes," it fits.
11/13/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Draekron
Guess what, unholy spells are depicted as green

should be purple though, unholy has more spells that do shadow damage than plague damage.
I think the blue eyes we have are significant, however, I would love to see a cosmetic upgrade to them. They should be blue with a glow effect, similar to the eye pattern the Demon hunters get where their green fel energy wisps up and away from their eye sockets, we should get that frosty blue rime wisping down our faces or blowing away a bit in the breeze like we see Arthas has in the opening Wrath cinematic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCr7y4SLhck *( @ 0:33, 1:10) or even the undead minions get ( @ 2:53).

That to me would be awesome.

But I would also love

11/12/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Redraider
I really really want the face markings/tattoos like Thassarian and instructor Raszuvious has.
this would be great.
11/11/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Draekron
I know this kind of thing was never taken seriously in the past but with all the cosmetic changes I would be curious to see if this is a possibility.

I would love to see a barber customization for us, maybe just add green and red, for our eye glow. It would be nice to see this as an option, obviously people can keep blue if they prefer.

This would be a minor but welcomed change, especially since we are currently not looking to get any Allied races so any appearance options would be nice.

I think red eyes option would be a good choice to add, because the 1st generation of DKs had red eyes like Nathanos and Sylvanas do. At least, lorewise, DK have been known to have red.
11/14/2018 05:50 AMPosted by Vaerth
11/11/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Draekron

I think red eyes option would be a good choice to add, because the 1st generation of DKs had red eyes like Nathanos and Sylvanas do. At least, lorewise, DK have been known to have red.

We aren’t connected to the first gen Death Knights at all. We are not Warlock souls stuffed into human bodies, and they had nothing to do with the Scourge. We are related by name only. They can’t be used as a basis for us.
The blue glow is the result of the magic keeping us still walking around and attached to the living realm. they'd have to establish some kind of lore reason for you to suddenly being kept above the ground by some other magical source.

so there's Unholy, death, rune, and frost magic all swirling around inside of 3rd gen DKs. I could see some lore thing like school you have the highest affinity for shines through and you get an eye glow that color (so red, frost-blue, neon-green).