Blizzard made my day!

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
11/12/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Gaahr
I can already imagine my extreme trolling potential once I hit level 3. Just think: Not only could I completely derail a topic by posting something about puppies, but I can actually embed a picture of puppies on the forum. Truly I will claim the title of best forum troll, and puppies are my ticket to the top.
But is posting pictures of puppies really trolling or just being adorable?
GD is in for a rude awakening tomorrow. People have already seen the new forum templates for OW and HoTS and they are just reacting to that.

I think it’s reasonable, you don’t have to like something that’s coming and I don’t get why people make such a big deal out of feedback and complaints.

Personally I haven’t decided whether I like the new format or not.
11/12/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Snowfox
I'm already feeling it's going to be a good move, based purely on all the trolls I already have on ignore who are scared and freaking out about it.

They're scared.

:( I'm not a troll and I'm scared to though. Before last week I wouldn't have been scared. But last week was rough.
i heard something about they will be using btag from now on? :)
11/12/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Solarwynds
11/12/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Leshe
They scare me a bit, but I had a week of getting suspended & fighting suspensions last week because some people didn't like my posts (I got hit for spamming/trolling which I was doing neither.)

So the new flag system kind of frightens me a bit because I definitely feel like some people are gunning for me now.
Leshe, hopefully it won't be as bad as it seems like it could be. There are some people who gun for me too so let's cross our fingers. For what's its worth, I like seeing you pop up in threads. :)

Thanks Solar, the feeling is mutual. :)
11/12/2018 10:40 AMPosted by Solarwynds

That Venn diagram has an overlap. I present to you, adorable trolling!

https://i.imgur.com/15wHgHh.jpg
11/12/2018 10:40 AMPosted by Lokoma

Really? Ooof my Btag has my real name in it. XD
11/12/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Gaahr
I can already imagine my extreme trolling potential once I hit level 3. Just think: Not only could I completely derail a topic by posting something about puppies, but I can actually embed a picture of puppies on the forum. Truly I will claim the title of best forum troll, and puppies are my ticket to the top.
Hahahaha no you're not getting Level 3. It's a buttload of work to get & keep, goes permanently bye bye if you get or have gotten a temp-ban, and temp bans will be thrown out like candy just like in the forums it's already been implemented in.
I'm already feeling it's going to be a good move, based purely on all the trolls I already have on ignore who are scared and freaking out about it.

They're scared.
Lol, nobody is “scared”.

They’ll just leave when the mods start swinging the ban hammer around because people are getting brigaded.
They are going to artificially manipulate the up/downvote system to promote shills and silence criticism of the game -- similar to the way they artificially manipulate the token price as well.

It won't stop the thousands of threads full of justified criticism of the devs' design choices though. They can't pay enough mods or set up enough bots to hide the truth.
11/12/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Zeropointt

They're scared.
Lol, nobody is “scared”.

Yeah, they are.

You might not be, maybe... but there's lots of threads about this.

It's all "omg muh free speech" from the regular trolls.
I really like the new features being implemented into the forums.

Notifications whenever someone quotes me is pretty cool... And the trust points thing to embed links and images is also pretty neat.

I'm just not sure how I feel about it being styled like Reddit. I like how It's currently set up, and I'm not sure what new policies they'll be enforcing.

They're scared.

So you can see the trolls on ignore posting how scared they are?

Hmmm, must be nice having special powers.
11/12/2018 10:40 AMPosted by Leshe
:( I'm not a troll and I'm scared to though. Before last week I wouldn't have been scared. But last week was rough.
I think you are going to be okay. Just keep doing what you know is right. And at the end of the day, getting a bit of a ban is just an opportunity to do better. I haven't gotten one yet but I certainly don't think it could never happen. It will be embarrassing if it happens but then it will just make me a better poster.
11/12/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Solarwynds
11/12/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Zarles
I am definitely not happy about the new forums because now I can’t troll with RP anymore. :\

Curses! Seems like Blizz is trying hard to drive fun out. At least we’re getting classic WoW.
I am not sad to see trolling go away (well except for Mortis threads- he's so funny!) but maybe it won't be as bad as you think? And see, you have a good attitude looking for the silver lining with classic! ;)

But what else is the internet for if not trolling?

They’re turning the forums into morning time McDonald’s. A place where old white people gather to chat nicely over coffee.
11/12/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Blitzkareeg

They're scared.

So you can see the trolls on ignore posting how scared they are?

Hmmm, must be nice having special powers.

Yeah, it's called the little button that lets you see ignored posts.
11/12/2018 10:40 AMPosted by Lokoma
Hmmm... I hope that doesn't encourage in-game harassing.
11/12/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Gaahr
11/12/2018 10:40 AMPosted by Solarwynds

That Venn diagram has an overlap. I present to you, adorable trolling!

https://i.imgur.com/15wHgHh.jpg
Well, I totally can handle that kind of trolling! Is that your pup or just a random?
They're scared.

It's not like they're dragging arguments about free speech and thought control or anything.

Oh, wait, they are?

Hrmmm...
The trolling is the best part of these forums. What else is there to discuss, the riveting gameplay of BFA?