Stan Lee 1922-2018

General Discussion
I'm not crying. You're crying.

https://www.wishtv.com/entertainment/tmz-stan-lee-dies-at-95/1591306380
D=
He's gone?? Nuu
Not a lot of celebrity deaths ever hit me hard. But this one sucks almost as much as Robin Williams.

11/12/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Lillyann
D=
He's gone?? Nuu
:'(
He died of Old age it seems... RIP Stan Lee
He will be missed for sure :(

RIP Mr. Lee
And so passes a titan, a symbol of everything great about nerd culture. :(
A truly great man that had an unprecedented impact on our culture and whose influence will be felt for generations.
11/12/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Avønacø
I'm not crying. You're crying.

Yes, yes I am.

:'-(
I am sad now.

Going to miss his blink and you'll miss it guest appearances in all the Marvel Movies.
11/12/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Tyralone
I am sad now.

Going to miss his blink and you'll miss it guest appearances in all the Marvel Movies.

My favorite was from Guardians of the Galaxy, where he was the "old dude" trying to get with the young lady and the Racoon(Oh, yeah, Rocket) character comments on it.

By the way, if you don't know (the DOB made me check)

Happy Veteran's Day.

http://www.dodlive.mil/2017/06/28/stan-lee-proud-to-be-wwii-vet-thanks-service-members-for-serving/

Lee, known for working with the company that became Marvel Comics and artist Jack Kirby, co-created comic book characters such as Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Thor, X-Men and Doctor Strange. But he also served in the U.S. Army Signal Corps during World War II from 1942 to 1945.

Stan Lee during his Army days. U.S. Army photo

Lee enlisted in 1942, shortly after hearing of the attack on Pearl Harbor. He was a lineman for the Signal Corps before the Army realized his writing skills and moved him into technical writing and doing posters, said Army Sgt.1st Class Nicholas Jones, 2nd Battalion, 3rd Infantry Regiment, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington.

Whoah, on that same page there is a video:

"Here’s Lee getting inducted into the Signal Corps Regimental Association:"
I have been reading his stuff-- both what he wrote and what he inspired-- for nearly as long as he was writing it.

Bye, Stan.
Ahh man

Now who gonna do his cameos :(
F.
Best line to sum up Stan Lee

Stan Lee's cameo in Spider Man 3 .

In Spider-Man 3 (2007), he chats with Tobey Maguire's Peter Parker as they stop on a Times Square street to read news that the web-slinger will soon receive the key to the city. “You know," he says, "I guess one person can make a difference

Yes Stan you did make a difference.
#Excelsior and R.I.P. :(
Mr. Stan Lee,

Thank you for all you have done. Your co creation of Spiderman gave me something to look forward to each week. It also helped me realize it was ok to be a nerd.

R.I.P. Stan Lee
The world just got darker without his smile...RIP
Don't keep your wife waiting, Stan.

May you go screaming "EXCELSIOR" as you go running though the pearly gates.
It's strange how one often forgets that the famous people are just as mortal as we are.