Why is Teeming and Explosive a thing

BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, and Raids
Why is a Teeming and Explosive a thing every time explosive is around its a nightmare to get any keys done across any +2 to +12 which is where i sit around , im not interested in pushing keys because there is no reward besides a % of you might get another loot for each key above a 10 or 15 when its the cap

Mythic plus is in a bad spot , in legion i could jump on a character / toon and jump into a keystone no issues until about 10 /15s as long as your gear was up to the lvl that it dropped , now im find my 369 brewmaster is getting declined from 5s because it doesnt have an io because i do a 9 a week after the leaderboards are full and a 10 is needed for everything but kings rest and Under rot

I feel a Hugh hatred for the game when affixes like Explosive are around because people wont switch , or its your a DH or warrior or mage its your job these things need to be either removed or reworked , Teeming and Explosive shouldnt even fall on the same list its near impossible with how bfa dungeons are 5 to 10 mobs a pack requiring CC which spawns orbs on the CC adds and people are to scared to go near them because you get flamed or abused for breaking cc then same happens with not killing orbs

Ive attempted 8 dungeons this week and complete 2 on my geared dh with can one shot the orbs where others require to GCDs , people even with 800 plus io cant seem to do mechanics or simple tab or click a nameplate and hit a button

im probably gonna get told to get good or not play this week by people but Blizzard really need to re work their !@#$ because 8.1 is all promises that should of been hotfixed in not apart of major content patch ,

its getting to the point where 8.2 is going to be snap chat integration or something stupid like they did in wod selfie cameras and twitter .
Explosive worked in Legion, because every ability wasn't on the GCD. Explosive does not work in BFA because of the GCD change.
Teeming = More explosive orbs and more things which need interrupting. Some packs have multiple things which need interrupting or purging/dispelling which combined with managing explosives/interrupts/positioning makes each trash pull feels like too much work.
The real mechanic being implemented here is that these affix simply keep you logged In longer
Teeming and explosive sort of 'double dip' with each other.
I've noticed several times that explosives can spawn explosives off themselves and things snowball from here.

As an example, in motherlode yesterday we killed a pack, and an orb was still alive after the last mob died. That orb spawned another orb, and from that one a third orb spawned.

So teeming == more mobs == more explosives, but because orbs can spawn orbs too, things sometimes snowball out of control.
11/13/2018 11:37 PMPosted by Muffinass
Explosive worked in Legion, because every ability wasn't on the GCD. Explosive does not work in BFA because of the GCD change.

I believe explosive orbs also just have more HP / feel more tanky in BfA. In legion I could literally 2-shot them with moonfire on my resto druid healing a dungeon.. Now, definitely not the case.
Just did a +9 SoTS.

+9. Not even +10 with infested.

It was pretty bad.

The first pull you need the party to stack and LoS explosives together because its pretty much impossible to kill them all unless you burst super hard and kill the mobs and pray to RNG that the explosives don't instant spawn.

With the amount of non-elites (the cultist and blobs) in this dungeon, be prepared to LoS as a party a ton or you'll get blown up by explosive.

The templars have an aura which reduces surrounding mobs damage taken. The explosives can get affected by that making it harder to be killed.

You pretty much HAVE to single pull the templars. Or else you'll have to face a ton of explosives which are aura-ed.

Usually for the last boss we kite the adds he spawns and only DPS the boss but because of explosive, all the adds spawn explosives so we gotta kill them. No Tyrannical so the boss dies pretty fast, just a note in case someone is planning to run it and not know about this.
11/14/2018 08:21 AMPosted by Salmonsteak
Just did a +9 SoTS.

+9. Not even +10 with infested.

It was pretty bad.

The first pull you need the party to stack and LoS explosives together because its pretty much impossible to kill them all unless you burst super hard and kill the mobs and pray to RNG that the explosives don't instant spawn.

With the amount of non-elites (the cultist and blobs) in this dungeon, be prepared to LoS as a party a ton or you'll get blown up by explosive.

The templars have an aura which reduces surrounding mobs damage taken. The explosives can get affected by that making it harder to be killed.

You pretty much HAVE to single pull the templars. Or else you'll have to face a ton of explosives which are aura-ed.

Usually for the last boss we kite the adds he spawns and only DPS the boss but because of explosive, all the adds spawn explosives so we gotta kill them. No Tyrannical so the boss dies pretty fast, just a note in case someone is planning to run it and not know about this.

Your notes about the first few pulls and the templars buff affecting all surrounding mobs is really helpful. +1 to you good sir/madam :)
11/14/2018 04:53 AMPosted by Prolifics
11/13/2018 11:37 PMPosted by Muffinass

I believe explosive orbs also just have more HP / feel more tanky in BfA. In legion I could literally 2-shot them with moonfire on my resto druid healing a dungeon.. Now, definitely not the case.

The explosives are harder to kill this week because it is fortified week. They also get fortified so they have more health.
Explosives alone are overtuned in my opinion. Not everyone will share this view but it feels like they were tuned with end of expansion in mind instead of first raid tier gear in mind. Explosives wouldn’t be a huge issue 1. They all had the same health pool and 2. It would be tamed down on a set amount that can spawn. Good example was last night in an 11 SoB, we pulled 6 mobs had three explosives spawn. Next pull was a pack of four, 6 explosives spawned instantly.

Now this isn’t going to personally stop me from doing keys this week as I like the challenge but it’s just my view point that Blizzard needs to look at how explosives spawn and the health of those explosives being in consistent with each dungeon.