Classic hit me like a truck

Classic Discussion
1 2 3 11 Next
I had no interest in it what so ever.

After watching the blizzcon demo - I can’t stop thinking about it. The combat it’s so visceral. The world is so much bigger and so much more dangerous. Each fight reminded me of dark souls.

I’ve been watching only classic and vanilla vids since blizzcon, it’s actually ruined retail for me. I was actually enjoying raiding in BFA but now I don’t want anything but to play classic and immerse myself in it.

What is this sorcery?

I heard vanilla wow was addictive, but really? I feel like I’m in withdrawal and I haven’t even played it yet.

I think I’m in trouble once it releases.

I don’t want to log into retail anymore :(
I am waiting for classic as well. Want that thrilling challenge back again.
I want that challenge of leveling a warrior to 20 again.
Eh. I played vanilla and, while classic looks interesting, I really don't want full on vanilla again. They have ruined some stuff over the years sure, but they have added things I like too. Like my favorite thing in retail is transmog.

Pretty much a perfect blend of retail and classic is really what I'd like.
Classic is a lot of fun. I can understand why people don't like it, but those that have never tried should give it a chance when it releases. It's a completely different game.
11/14/2018 04:26 AMPosted by Shadøw

And getting your first set of gray shoulder pads.
11/14/2018 04:25 AMPosted by Lovefool
I am waiting for classic as well. Want that thrilling challenge back again.

You just want Heroic Strike.

It's nice to see people's interest in this. There's an entire forum devoted to the discussion of it:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/22814264/
I hated the demo because I hated classic.

It's a faithful recreation, and I loathe challenges.
Cause killing 1 mob at a time with the 1 ability on your action bar then having to eat after each pull is so exciting.
11/14/2018 04:29 AMPosted by Lovefool

And getting your first set of gray shoulder pads.

DUDE! I remember this! I was always so jealous of people walking around with their cool little shoulder pads. I was so excited when I finally got my first ones, helmet too but not as exciting as those shoulders!
You think you do......
I want my first death to be brutal. Lol.
11/14/2018 04:33 AMPosted by Xeni
You think you do......
...but I didn't.

He was right all along.
11/14/2018 04:21 AMPosted by Gripp
Each fight reminded me of dark souls.
What?
Lol nah people will get sick of walking and horrible drop rates and ninja looting and boring combat classic wows combat isn't hard at all very slow slower then the gcd right now

Classic is only a thing because 25-40 year olds want to "relive the old days" like everyone tries to do these days.

Anyways classic will come out be huge for a couple months people will cry and get angry most will leave and even those who stay will be playing a game with an end/limit.
11/14/2018 04:33 AMPosted by Gripp
I want my first death to be brutal. Lol.

It is gonna be a brutal fall off of some ledge.

Or murlocs.

I guarantee it.
11/14/2018 04:35 AMPosted by Limelight
11/14/2018 04:21 AMPosted by Gripp
Each fight reminded me of dark souls.
What?

Warrior questing reminded me of dark souls type of fighting, hamstring kiting, weaving in and out, stance and weapon swapping.

The quest in Redridge is worth the challenge of leveling a warrior alone. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard playing a game in my life.
I can understand the appeal of leveling but then what? Way i heard it molten core and the like had like 0 mechanics and you could or did in fact go AFK at parts for several minutes because there was nothing to do but auto attack? How is that fun and engaging?
I played for 15 minutes, went "hey it's really cool to have totems back" then remembered that combat in vanilla was slow and boring.

I started with a slight interest in playing classic, and after playing it a small amount I have zero interest in it. If I even make a character I'll be shocked if I make it to level 10.