Classic hit me like a truck

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 Next
hehe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvd5hpX2dy8
11/14/2018 03:46 PMPosted by Wynona
I find more enjoyment in the open world, rpg elements, spontaneous world pvp, low level battlegrounds. Basically I don't care about the fighting elements, I don't care if I have a simple rotation, I'm here for the decor and ambiance, not to play an FPS.

Yeah the focus wasn't all about the endgame in vanilla.
11/14/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Mainalt
Vanilla is a game of decision making. Do I fire off this shadow bolt for 40 mana and deplete the last bit of my mana pool or do I stab the mob til its dead and let my mp5 kick in a bit early.

BFA is a game of reaction. Move out of this, move into that. Watch out for the beam. AOE these 30 mobs.

Two completely different games for two completely different gamers. Why are we arguing? We aren't the same. We are different communities.

ahh interesting. hadn't thought of it that way. also ranks of spells - should i use this rank or that. calculation for just a normal mob fight hehe

experimenting with builds too, using all three talent trees at the same time.
I'm worried if I'll accidentally be on a heavily Horde favored server or have many greedy guilds for raiding so I get rekt for gear. I'm looking forward to the challenge but the biggest challenge for me is the people.
Lol GD on classic. Gd is trashbrah
11/14/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Kadez
I'm worried if I'll accidentally be on a heavily Horde favored server or have many greedy guilds for raiding so I get rekt for gear. I'm looking forward to the challenge but the biggest challenge for me is the people.

The server is definitely going to be the biggest concern for me, I want to play at launch, but I want to make sure it's a server with a decent population and faction split.

I'd hate to get to level 40 and determine I'm on one of the lowest pop servers and have to start over again...
11/14/2018 04:21 AMPosted by Gripp
I had no interest in it what so ever.

After watching the blizzcon demo - I can’t stop thinking about it. The combat it’s so visceral. The world is so much bigger and so much more dangerous. Each fight reminded me of dark souls.

I’ve been watching only classic and vanilla vids since blizzcon, it’s actually ruined retail for me. I was actually enjoying raiding in BFA but now I don’t want anything but to play classic and immerse myself in it.

What is this sorcery?

I heard vanilla wow was addictive, but really? I feel like I’m in withdrawal and I haven’t even played it yet.

I think I’m in trouble once it releases.

I don’t want to log into retail anymore :(

However, I don't get the "whole new world" mindset. This stuff is all still in the game. You can go make a level 1 human and quest through starting zones and into Westfall. You don't have to equip heirlooms and you can make it as challenging and rewarding as you want by just using natural drops or even doing Iron Man runs/.
You can't have actually done this. I have, and what you say is fantasy. I leveled a rogue nigh unto level 20 with nothing but starter pants (just to be modest) and no weapon in the main hand, just to make it somewhat challenging. Put a weapon in the main hand, and you can still two-shot most mobs using standard abilities. Low level questing is a joke in current WoW.
11/14/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Araska
The amount of clueless idiots spewing utter lies about vanilla on this subforum is getting out of hand.

agreed

the amount of times I've read a post that says something like

"Paladin buffs only last 5 minutes, you literally spend the entire raid just rebuffing people" even after it is confirmed patch 1.12 base which had 15 minute greater blessings.
11/14/2018 07:45 AMPosted by Kurtloder
11/14/2018 04:29 AMPosted by Crepe

You just want Heroic Strike.

It's nice to see people's interest in this. There's an entire forum devoted to the discussion of it:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/22814264/

Why do people not do this on every transmog post? I always see this on classic and PvP related posts, GD always trying to silence people and push them to the classic forum.

Since the Wall of No, no longer exists this is the next best thing they can do. Just shush any type of classic related talk to the classic discussion. Even if the thread was just about OP being excited about it.
I legit want classic just for the community and the fact that each level feels like an achievement and leveling and exploring the game is actually a core part of my gameplay.

I think one of the reasons why I am so jaded with WoW is that ever since I started trying to raid at least on a mid mythic level (so like clear half of the raid on mythic) I only ever cared about end game and Blizzard made the leveling process such a bore that it makes you wonder why we even get new levels. Especially when we got no new talents at all for a while nor any new spells. What's the point of leveling if each level I grew weaker and learned nothing new.

Classic won't have that problem.
11/14/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Alorandis
I legit want classic just for the community and the fact that each level feels like an achievement and leveling and exploring the game is actually a core part of my gameplay.

I think one of the reasons why I am so jaded with WoW is that ever since I started trying to raid at least on a mid mythic level (so like clear half of the raid on mythic) I only ever cared about end game and Blizzard made the leveling process such a bore that it makes you wonder why we even get new levels. Especially when we got no new talents at all for a while nor any new spells. What's the point of leveling if each level I grew weaker and learned nothing new.

Classic won't have that problem.

https://youtu.be/xvX_5ym_ajI?t=17
:D
11/14/2018 04:37 AMPosted by Bearj

Anyways classic will come out be huge for a couple months people will cry and get angry most will leave and even those who stay will be playing a game with an end/limit.

Ever watch a movie or read a book more than once?

People do the same thing with games they enjoy. It won't matter that there's an end when you can always start over again and create a difference experience getting to the same end.

After watching the blizzcon demo - I can’t stop thinking about it. The combat it’s so visceral. The world is so much bigger and so much more dangerous. Each fight reminded me of dark souls.

I’ve been watching only classic and vanilla vids since blizzcon, it’s actually ruined retail for me. I was actually enjoying raiding in BFA but now I don’t want anything but to play classic and immerse myself in it.

What is this sorcery?

I heard vanilla wow was addictive, but really? I feel like I’m in withdrawal and I haven’t even played it yet.

its a game that has consumed many people's lives. not a quick endorphin fix like most games. so its actually not unusual for people to watch youtube videos and/or play servers and crave it. even if they do get tired of it and stop for a little while. Heck, even Everquest was called evercrack back in the day.
11/14/2018 07:24 PMPosted by Starmage

What is this sorcery?

its a game that has consumed many people's lives. not a quick endorphin fix like most games. so its actually not unusual for people to watch youtube videos and/or play servers and crave it. even if they do get tired of it and stop for a little while. Heck, even Everquest was called evercrack back in the day.

Wow classic is the new Blue Magic. Pure, uncut.
11/14/2018 07:05 PMPosted by Drunty
Since the Wall of No, no longer exists this is the next best thing they can do. Just shush any type of classic related talk to the classic discussion. Even if the thread was just about OP being excited about it.
Many of the GD regulars are really upset that classic is being made. You may think that is hyperbole, but there is at least one who refuses to show up here, yet somehow consumed 10% of the space in all classic threads in GD before classic was announced.

You'd think it wouldn't matter to them if people get what they want and they could continue doing their own thing, but... it just does.
Yeh I wasn’t against classic before - just didn’t care. But I’m mega excited. It’s going to be great. I started in BC and still miss that, but classic seems like a hyped up version of what I liked.

GD is usually averse to everything so it’s not surprising a lot of people don’t want it - but hey it’s not going to affect them if they don’t play it right?

And them hating on it won’t affect our enjoyment of classic. It’s going to be amazing.

If you don’t like a thread about classic in GD then tough.

I will fight you.
11/14/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Sigtyr
11/14/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Ssir

Mechanics huh?
Running out of the raid cos you are "The Bomb" to not kill those around you - Vanilla
Spreading out for "Eye Beam" so you don't chain others and wipe the raid - Vanilla
Switching targets to interrupt a cast that can one shot people - Vanilla
Tank switching to deal with debuffs or cd's - Vanilla
Dodging fire on the ground - Vanilla

You know what, it would be easier to try and find mechanics that weren't in Vanilla.

Going afk and auto-attacking? You're thinking of LFR perhaps.

You’re talking real big for somebody who basically skipped all of WoD and Legion raiding. You missed Tectus, Koragh, Imperator, Blast Furnace, Hanz and Franz, Iron Maidens, Blackhand, Gorefiend, Iskar, Xhulhorac, Tyrant Velhari, Mannoroth, Archimonde, Ilgynoth, Xavius, Odyn, Helya, Chronomatic Anomaly, Tichondrius, Star Augur, Botanist, Elisande, Gul’dan, Mistress Saszine, Sisters of the Moon, Desilate Host, Maiden, Fallen Avatar, KIL’JAEDEN, Antoran High Command, Portal Keeper, Kin’garoth, Council of Shivarra, AGGRAMAR, and Argus.

You’ve skipped over the most awesome, creative, and difficult bosses that Blizzard has ever made.

I posted on this alt because it's the name/class I used on the demo.

I did not skip all those bosses, did AOTC Xavius for example, but you're mostly right that I missed out on a lot of progression raiding in the last couple expansions.

I was defending Vanilla in the face of a quite ridiculous claim of zero mechanics and my point stands, the majority of people doing mythic Uldir right now don't realise that when they are spreading for Eye Beam they are doing mechanics some of us were doing 12 years ago.

Anyway, it looks like we're not getting vanilla difficulty raids after all so those that missed it will never get the chance to see for themselves.
11/14/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Aewendil
11/14/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Ssir

Of course, the reality is that even in the Classic demo capped at 19 you had more abilities than at 120 in BFA.

As a level 20 warrior in the Classic Demo, your entire rotation will be Heroic Strike and demoralising shout, the latter of which is cast every 30 seconds.

It's pretty telling that classic onanists can't make a single point about it without completely lying.

Capped at level 19 we did a lot of open world "dungeons" Dwarf bunker and Wailing caverns entrance for example.

Charge
Thunderclap
Demo shout
defensive stance
rends
revenges
sunders
maintaining battle shout
shield bashing casts
taunting
hamstring kiting
overpower
bloodrage
racials like blood fury or stomp
throw or shoot

...and what else? Oh yeah, Heroic Strike!

And I'm the one lying?
11/14/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Christopher
Lol GD on classic. Gd is trashbrah

No, you see it is the classic playerbase/fans that are the toxic ones.
11/14/2018 05:39 PMPosted by Banja
11/14/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Kadez

The server is definitely going to be the biggest concern for me, I want to play at launch, but I want to make sure it's a server with a decent population and faction split.

I'd hate to get to level 40 and determine I'm on one of the lowest pop servers and have to start over again...

I agree with this. It is right to fear a dead server after the tourists leave. Blizzard's decision is so shortsighted and gives new meaning to the statement about not caring if millions or tens play classic. They may simply not care if their tourist bloat plan results in wastelands. Then Brack can smuggly waddle in and say "see? You THOUGH you wanted it" *smug look*

Without at least a token box cost, even temporary, the servers are doomed.