Classic hit me like a truck

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11
Lololol reading retail kids salty comments on a retailer confessing that Classic is priceless.
11/14/2018 04:31 AMPosted by Aewendil
Cause killing 1 mob at a time with the 1 ability on your action bar then having to eat after each pull is so exciting.

Suffering a few levels... then getting more abilities, more gear, barely keeping up with the mobs getting higher level FEELS good man. It's called progression... something that has been lost in modern wow for a very long time.

Nothing that is easy is worth getting.
11/14/2018 05:25 AMPosted by Zenfixi
It's funny that people complain about lack of rewards with weekly caches, but want to go back to waiting many months for a single piece of gear.

After working in a 40 man raid for 6 months to get one piece of gear, I never want to return to vanilla wow...ever. And I'm sad the developers are wasting time with it, as I think 99% of people who want to play it won't last 6 months in it.

And, with their nostalgia destroyed, they might leave for good this time. It's a risky move that will blow up in Bliz's face.

1. You're correct that the game is only fun for nostalgia's sake. Once that runs out- any modern game is more fun. The only thing going for it besides nostalgia is it forces social interaction. I'm not sure why more games can't pull this off. It also has a compelling gameplay loop.

If I had to guess I would say pacing. If I can run and jump everywhere super quickly AND fast travel thrn there is no down time and no reason to chat. Looking at you Destiny 2 and BfA.

2. This post is pandering and I don't like being manipulated into upvoting.

3. Retail is not a bad game visually or mechanically. It's story and pacing are off but other than that all of retails issues are meta issues.

The game is made intentionally too easy in the leveking process. Sharding and x-realms make this worse. Player movement speed and fast travel are too abundant.
It’s cool, Gripp.

Let me ask you something. Do you feel nostalgic? What about those rose colored glasses that have polluted this forum since last November?

Or do you just see a good version of WoW that is addictive? What do you feel?

This is why we aren’t going anywhere. Some may have been unsubscribed to Blizzard for years. WoW hasn’t really existed for even more for a good decade, just a footnote in their memory of the good days, no interest in private servers, just never to return...UNTIL NOW.

TBH, the demo had some inaccuracy. Classic will be a lot better. You won’t be disappointed.

There are few things in this life that are actually worth much of anything. As soon as you drive a car off the lot, it depreciates. If vehicles weren’t so necessary, would they be worth it? But I tell you this.

Classic is worth waiting for.
11/14/2018 04:37 AMPosted by Lovefool
11/14/2018 04:33 AMPosted by Gripp
I want my first death to be brutal. Lol.

It is gonna be a brutal fall off of some ledge.

Or murlocs.

I guarantee it.

Mine was the WPL Welcome Bear.