Classic hit me like a truck

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 11 Next
It was challenging, it was slow, yes, but every level you reached and every piece of gear you looted felt like an achievement.

In Classic everything mattered. Since Wrath nothing has. Game is just way too dumbed down. Without even announcing WoW Mobile it surely does feel like it already.
I'm going to play it because I miss the class fantasy for warlock and want to experience it again. But it will just be one class, rested xp only, and most of my gaming time on retail
I can't wait for 2h windfury.
I'd be more interested in playing Vanilla if it had current retail graphics.
Cant wait to make my Blood Elf Paladin in Classic.
11/14/2018 04:21 AMPosted by Gripp
I don’t want to log into retail anymore :(
Have fun waiting for Classic to go live... Also, you can cancel your sub until then and save some time and cash.
I played classic in classic. Then I played classic again during Warlords on a private server. I got my fix. I'm enjoying retail.
11/14/2018 04:47 AMPosted by Grabmytotem
I can understand the appeal of leveling but then what? Way i heard it molten core and the like had like 0 mechanics and you could or did in fact go AFK at parts for several minutes because there was nothing to do but auto attack? How is that fun and engaging?

kek
11/14/2018 04:31 AMPosted by Aewendil
Cause killing 1 mob at a time with the 1 ability on your action bar then having to eat after each pull is so exciting.

For some people pain is pleasure. They exist.
I'm giggling at these "classic was challenging" posts.
Could a level 1 mob whip your !@#? No?
Could you still quest and dungeon grind to max level in a month or so? Yeah?
Did mobs chase you clear across the zone for minutes at a time, forcing you to be extremely careful at all times as you traversed the land? No?

Classic was never challenging, it was just slower than today's version of the game and the questing path was not nearly as efficient as it is today. I liked the old talent trees though, far more than this one choice every 15 levels garbage we have now.
I'll be taking Classic for a spin, but just hold off on the whole "it was so challenging" nonsense.
So you are in a hospital making a forum post ??
I had no interest in it what so ever.

After watching the blizzcon demo - I can’t stop thinking about it. The combat it’s so visceral. The world is so much bigger and so much more dangerous. Each fight reminded me of dark souls.

I’ve been watching only classic and vanilla vids since blizzcon, it’s actually ruined retail for me. I was actually enjoying raiding in BFA but now I don’t want anything but to play classic and immerse myself in it.

What is this sorcery?

I heard vanilla wow was addictive, but really? I feel like I’m in withdrawal and I haven’t even played it yet.

I think I’m in trouble once it releases.

I don't really understand this. I mean I get the nostalgia, I played classic too.

However, I don't get the "whole new world" mindset. This stuff is all still in the game. You can go make a level 1 human and quest through starting zones and into Westfall. You don't have to equip heirlooms and you can make it as challenging and rewarding as you want by just using natural drops or even doing Iron Man runs.

I don't know. *shrug*
It's funny that people complain about lack of rewards with weekly caches, but want to go back to waiting many months for a single piece of gear.

After working in a 40 man raid for 6 months to get one piece of gear, I never want to return to vanilla wow...ever. And I'm sad the developers are wasting time with it, as I think 99% of people who want to play it won't last 6 months in it.

And, with their nostalgia destroyed, they might leave for good this time. It's a risky move that will blow up in Bliz's face.
Nice post. It sums up what is making me really looking forward to playing Classic, especially the more social skills aspect of it.
The glasses Classic fans wear are a truly deep rose in color.

In short order, The Grind will break most of them, they'll find the travel time between `challenges' a constant frustration, and the lack of gold...coupled with the cost of living (reagents, training, repairs, flights, etc.) and competition for resources...will have them pining for the conveniences of `retail' they are so dismissive of.

I'm honestly not trying to dissuade people from playing classic, but a realistic understanding of what it was really like should be acknowledged.
I had no interest in it what so ever.

After watching the blizzcon demo - I can’t stop thinking about it. The combat it’s so visceral. The world is so much bigger and so much more dangerous. Each fight reminded me of dark souls.

I’ve been watching only classic and vanilla vids since blizzcon, it’s actually ruined retail for me. I was actually enjoying raiding in BFA but now I don’t want anything but to play classic and immerse myself in it.

What is this sorcery?

I heard vanilla wow was addictive, but really? I feel like I’m in withdrawal and I haven’t even played it yet.

I think I’m in trouble once it releases.

I had the exact opposite reaction.

I played classic when it was retail. And I played a *lot* of it. I was hardcore back then, pushing through Naxx40 before BC came out. I was on all the time.

And when I logged into the classic demo I realized there's no going back. I'll probably make a single character alt for classic for the sake of nostalgia, but I won't likely play him much. My good memories of the time will have to suffice, because when I logged into the demo it wasn't doing my memories justice.
11/14/2018 05:25 AMPosted by Zenfixi
It's funny that people complain about lack of rewards with weekly caches, but want to go back to waiting many months for a single piece of gear.

After working in a 40 man raid for 6 months to get one piece of gear, I never want to return to vanilla wow...ever. And I'm sad the developers are wasting time with it, as I think 99% of people who want to play it won't last 6 months in it.

More like 6 days.

Classic endgame was very boring and there won't be anyone to do it with. Nobody who likes games is interested in raid content where you spam 1 ability at a target dummy for 10 minutes.

Trying to do any sort of group content without LFG is an absolute nightmare and have fun waiting around 30 minutes for people to run to the dungeon entrance and then waiting another hour for a replacement when their kids wake up since every dungeon is at least a 10 minute run from the nearest flight path, and you can't run back to the entrance to summon them without re-clearing the trash that respawned.

Classic was the best game on the market at the time but it was awful compared to modern WoW.
11/14/2018 05:27 AMPosted by Leyami
The glasses Classic fans wear are a truly deep rose in color.

Maybe.

In short order, The Grind will break most of them.

It didn't break me then and it won't do so now.

11/14/2018 05:27 AMPosted by Leyami
they'll find the travel time between `challenges' a constant frustration, and the lack of gold...coupled with the cost of living (reagents, training, repairs, flights, etc.) and competition for resources...will have them pining for the conveniences of `retail' they are so dismissive of.

It put the WAR in World of WARcraft.
Lmao freaking what?

Exciting, visceral combat? Dark Souls??

WoW feels like butt right now for sure and I can relate to not being interested in live anymore, but applying any part of the above description to classic WoW is straight up delusion.

It was no more difficult to level then than it is now. It just took a hell of a lot longer.
11/14/2018 05:36 AMPosted by Lóthorin
Lmao freaking what?

Exciting, visceral combat? Dark Souls??

WoW feels like butt right now for sure and I can relate to not being interested in live anymore, but applying any part of the above description to classic WoW is straight up delusion.

It was no more difficult to level then than it is now. It just took a hell of a lot longer.
you never played classic did you? in live i can take entire packs of enemies when leveling, in vanilla if you tried to do that, it would kill you.