Classic hit me like a truck

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 11 Next
11/14/2018 05:41 AMPosted by Withpuppys
11/14/2018 05:36 AMPosted by Lóthorin
Lmao freaking what?

Exciting, visceral combat? Dark Souls??

WoW feels like butt right now for sure and I can relate to not being interested in live anymore, but applying any part of the above description to classic WoW is straight up delusion.

It was no more difficult to level then than it is now. It just took a hell of a lot longer.
you never played classic did you? in live i can take entire packs of enemies when leveling, in vanilla if you tried to do that, it would kill you.

Son.

I was in full Valor with Sulfuras and a crusader enchant while you were still playing Furcadia.
Man, you guys really fell for this bait?

"It's like dark souls".

Jesus.
11/14/2018 04:37 AMPosted by Gripp
11/14/2018 04:35 AMPosted by Limelight
...What?

Warrior questing reminded me of dark souls type of fighting, hamstring kiting, weaving in and out, stance and weapon swapping.

What kind of idiot plays like that? I bet you don't even stack leather armor while leveling. Amateur!
11/14/2018 05:23 AMPosted by Therric
11/14/2018 04:21 AMPosted by Gripp
I had no interest in it what so ever.

After watching the blizzcon demo - I can’t stop thinking about it. The combat it’s so visceral. The world is so much bigger and so much more dangerous. Each fight reminded me of dark souls.

I’ve been watching only classic and vanilla vids since blizzcon, it’s actually ruined retail for me. I was actually enjoying raiding in BFA but now I don’t want anything but to play classic and immerse myself in it.

What is this sorcery?

I heard vanilla wow was addictive, but really? I feel like I’m in withdrawal and I haven’t even played it yet.

I think I’m in trouble once it releases.

I don’t want to log into retail anymore :(

I don't really understand this. I mean I get the nostalgia, I played classic too.

However, I don't get the "whole new world" mindset. This stuff is all still in the game. You can go make a level 1 human and quest through starting zones and into Westfall. You don't have to equip heirlooms and you can make it as challenging and rewarding as you want by just using natural drops or even doing Iron Man runs.

I don't know. *shrug*

Yeah!! I mean, you can still make a new Tuaren and head on up the hill from Bloodhoof to Camp Tuaraj... oh, wait.
11/14/2018 05:32 AMPosted by Aewendil
Classic endgame was very boring and there won't be anyone to do it with. Nobody who likes games is interested in raid content where you spam 1 ability at a target dummy for 10 minutes.

Your failure is applying modern WoW's game design(meters, timers, how fast you move around and generate/spend whatever combo-points your class has) to an almost entirely different game philosophy.

What, do you think people going into classic are just doing it to bum-rush to 60 and are gonna have naxx on farm in a few weeks like we do with raids now? Those who burn themselves out trying to hardcore rush their way through it as fast as they can only have themselves to blame for ruining their own experience, but unfortunately, Blizzard took the complaints of these people to heart, and slowly over time it eroded WoW into what it is now. Top raiders run out of content, they cry for more, resources go into developing more max level content, leaving little for the bread and butter of WoW to do, therefor compelling them to make this high end content more accessible, thus turning WoW into nothing more than a sporadic arcade/action game it is now.

All the things about classes being ruined? All of that stems from those who reduce the game to nothing more than a shallow soup of numbers, logs, and calculations, not giving a damn about the role-playing part of RPG, because once the content is designed in such a way, the means of playing through the content is also designed to reflect this. That is why classes don't really feel like their own classes, but just different colors of three classes: DPS, tank, healer. These three roles used to be secondary to most classes, where the class itself was the primary role. Your paladin was not a healer, tank, or DPS, first and foremost, but a paladin: everything else they could do was secondary to their role as a paladin. The same goes for most every other class, except those whose whole role was intended to be high damage, best tanking, and high healing from the get-go, but these classes often had horrible group utility or other significant drawbacks to make up for it.

Why do you think so many classes feel so shallow and bland? They're not unique anymore, the choices you make in modern WoW don't really matter anymore unless you play at the absolute highest level, because that's all the game matters to. The rest is just boring, insignificant trash.

Without looking at your character sheet, I bet you couldn't even name what pieces of gear you're wearing. I know I couldn't on my character because they're so replacable/forgettable, and that alone speaks volumes about how WoW isn't an MMORPG anymore. It's an action game designed for modern gamers with short attention spans and apathy.
Watching your guy auto attacking is "so visceral"?

K, you do you I guess.
I think I prefer the way LotRO are doing their legacy servers. All races and classes and graphical upgrades stay in place but you log into the game world the way it was at launch but prettier.
I had no interest in it what so ever.

After watching the blizzcon demo - I can’t stop thinking about it. The combat it’s so visceral. The world is so much bigger and so much more dangerous. Each fight reminded me of dark souls.

I’ve been watching only classic and vanilla vids since blizzcon, it’s actually ruined retail for me. I was actually enjoying raiding in BFA but now I don’t want anything but to play classic and immerse myself in it.

What is this sorcery?

I heard vanilla wow was addictive, but really? I feel like I’m in withdrawal and I haven’t even played it yet.

I think I’m in trouble once it releases.

I don’t want to log into retail anymore :(

It isn't going to be for everyone. I am only going to do it because I miss the old Vanilla dungeons and ZG. But it will be very slow going for me because I plan on focusing on current WoW still.

People who can't handle the simple rep grinds now, demands good loot for doing nothing, needs to rush dungeons in 10 mins, doesn't have much time to play, etc. likely won't last long in Classic WoW. They will hit plenty of quests early on that will take 20-30 mins+ alone just for some XP. Collecting 20 boar meat in Vanilla didn't mean just killing 20 boar. Drop rates sucked to where some had to kill 50 to get the 20. I believe there was an article where the person who was playingthe demo said the gnoll quest in Westfall took around 45 mins to do.

I think those who played on the free illegal servers though may come to this and enjoy it and not worry about getting in trouble playing it.
The combat it’s so visceral.
Lol. Enjoy your 1-2 button spam. Seriously, the "rotations" back then were even simpler than BfA.
The world is so much bigger and so much more dangerous.
Lol again. Enjoy your 30 min flight from Darnassus to get to Dire Maul.
11/14/2018 04:37 AMPosted by Bearj
Lol nah people will get sick of walking and horrible drop rates and ninja looting and boring combat classic wows combat isn't hard at all very slow slower then the gcd right now

Classic is only a thing because 25-40 year olds want to "relive the old days" like everyone tries to do these days.

Anyways classic will come out be huge for a couple months people will cry and get angry most will leave and even those who stay will be playing a game with an end/limit.

No. You will get bored. You are obviously not the target audience for Classic. Those things you listed as negatives? That is what the Classic target audience is looking forward to. The fact you don't get it means you should just stay clear of it because you are not going to like it.
Best of luck. I leveled 2x characters in Vanilla only to find endgame inaccessible without major compromise and tolerance of awful behavior.

I have a feeling people are placing their lack of enthusiasm for BFA into a hope bomb they have aimed at Vanilla... It's not going to be what many hope it will be as many that played actively in Vanilla will tell you.

If you were and intend to be an "Elite" raider and have your raid team lined up then you will likely have a great time.
I think Blizz decided to use the old models on everything.
That's why I won't be playing it. If it's not pretty in any way at all then I'm out.

We're not in the early days of 3D modeling anymore, it might have been cool back then but there's really no more charm to it now, contrary to gameplay.
classic naysayers crack me up. You act as if blizzard is making classic servers based on bnet's forum's appeal to do so.

Do you seriously think they went into this with zero market research? And also, there are literally thousands of people on pservers playing as close to classic as is available. And have been doing so for years.

I get why some of you won't like it. But, just like everything else here on bnet forums, you're the vocal minority.
11/14/2018 04:33 AMPosted by Gripp
I want my first death to be brutal. Lol.

might I suggest a pack of murlocs?
The best part of classic was watching Defias normal mobs gank players in Westfall. There was a much higher skill cap in those days, pulling corectly determined if you lived or died. CC was required for quest mob kills.

You whipper snappers have no idea the dedication and teamwork needed to gather 40 raiders together.
Have fun in the stone age
The combat it’s so visceral.

lol.
11/14/2018 04:47 AMPosted by Grabmytotem
I can understand the appeal of leveling but then what? Way i heard it molten core and the like had like 0 mechanics and you could or did in fact go AFK at parts for several minutes because there was nothing to do but auto attack? How is that fun and engaging?

You heard wrong. I had tons of fun raiding in vanilla. Every first kill was awesome. Getting our guild TF was awesome. Getting your tier sets was awesome. Then bwl. You are judging a game based on hearsay from someone.
11/14/2018 04:37 AMPosted by Bearj
Lol nah people will get sick of walking and horrible drop rates and ninja looting and boring combat classic wows combat isn't hard at all very slow slower then the gcd right now

Classic is only a thing because 25-40 year olds want to "relive the old days" like everyone tries to do these days.

Anyways classic will come out be huge for a couple months people will cry and get angry most will leave and even those who stay will be playing a game with an end/limit.
I’m guessing you’re more in the 9-12 range judging from your literacy skills.
11/14/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Geurilla
classic naysayers crack me up. You act as if blizzard is making classic servers based on bnet's forum's appeal to do so.

Do you seriously think they went into this with zero market research? And also, there are literally thousands of people on pservers playing as close to classic as is available. And have been doing so for years.

I get why some of you won't like it. But, just like everything else here on bnet forums, you're the vocal minority.

Maybe you should watch the announcement where they say they expect it to mostly be tourists.