Classic hit me like a truck

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 11 Next
11/14/2018 04:21 AMPosted by Gripp
I had no interest in it what so ever.

After watching the blizzcon demo - I can’t stop thinking about it. The combat it’s so visceral. The world is so much bigger and so much more dangerous. Each fight reminded me of dark souls.

I’ve been watching only classic and vanilla vids since blizzcon, it’s actually ruined retail for me. I was actually enjoying raiding in BFA but now I don’t want anything but to play classic and immerse myself in it.

What is this sorcery?

I heard vanilla wow was addictive, but really? I feel like I’m in withdrawal and I haven’t even played it yet.

I think I’m in trouble once it releases.

I don’t want to log into retail anymore :(

well my dude, they did not call it WarCrack for no reason. Brace yourself and be careful. lmao.

After watching the blizzcon demo - I can’t stop thinking about it. The combat it’s so visceral. The world is so much bigger and so much more dangerous. Each fight reminded me of dark souls.

I’ve been watching only classic and vanilla vids since blizzcon, it’s actually ruined retail for me. I was actually enjoying raiding in BFA but now I don’t want anything but to play classic and immerse myself in it.

What is this sorcery?

I heard vanilla wow was addictive, but really? I feel like I’m in withdrawal and I haven’t even played it yet.

Fake comment.
11/14/2018 10:23 AMPosted by Agonyy
And most of them did that simply because it was free to play. It will surely get some numbers, but don't pretend for a second that all those people on pservers were there solely for the game and not the fact that it was free.

then why aren't they playing private servers of the more modern expansions like MoP - Legion?

you really need to use your brain before trying to sound smart.

Because emulation of Vanilla is far more accurate than later versions.

And besides, you really need to use your brain before unknowingly using a fallacy. He stated a point and you came up with something unrelated.

then why aren't they playing private servers of the more modern expansions like MoP - Legion?

And besides, you really need to use your brain before unknowingly using a fallacy. He stated a point and you came up with something unrelated.

post wotlk pservers are just not popular.

vanilla-bc-wotlk are the most popular pservers.
Cata was the game changer and that's when the decline started.

Wrong.

his point is that vanilla sucks, but people only play it on private servers because they are free.

there is actually good MoP private servers available to play on. yet they are drasitcally less popular than vanilla servers.

they are both free to play. yet the vanilla servers have far more population. why? perhaps because far more people enjoy the vanilla experience to the MoP experience?

Wrong.

his point is that vanilla sucks, but people only play it on private servers because they are free.

there is actually good MoP private servers available to play on. yet they are drasitcally less popular than vanilla servers.

they are both free to play. yet the vanilla servers have far more population. why? perhaps because far more people enjoy the vanilla experience to the MoP experience?

and even that "point" has no merit because there is no pay to play vanilla server today.
11/14/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Brockthorn

Wrong.

and even that "point" has no merit because there is no pay to play vanilla server today.

exactly

you cannot say people only play it because it's free, when there isn't even an official option available yet.
My opinion on classic is that if you've never played it, you're in for a shock. Like, if you joined anywhere between cata and bfa, lots of things won't even make sense to you. Lots of "lol what?" moments ahead. Some will like it I hope but a whole damn lot of people will /surrender and never log on classic again, slowly but surely remembering all the crap they'll need to go through again.

I think I'll level for the sole purpose of helping Mankrik finding his wife and then retire as a hero.

Oh wait...
<span class="truncated">...</span>

exactly

you cannot say people only play it because it's free, when there isn't even an official option available yet.

And there are just so many free to play or sub-less games out there now, that it's absurd to say that all of these thousands and thousands of people are only playing on vanilla servers because it's free. (especially when the initial hurdle of getting on a 1.12 private server can be annoying, as you have to obtain a 1.12 client, and configuring it to play at modern resolutions can be tedious.)

What is this sorcery?

Vanilla wow is like crack !@#$%^-, while retail is like a children's Tylenol.

Guess which one is going to give you that mmorpg fix and get you highly addicted?
11/14/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Grossebaffe
My opinion on classic is that if you've never played it, you're in for a shock. Like, if you joined anywhere between cata and bfa, lots of things won't even make sense to you. Lots of "lol what?" moments ahead. Some will like it I hope but a whole damn lot of people will /surrender and never log on classic again.

even if only 10-20% of new players trying it like it and will keep playing it, thats good

I actually came across TONS of players on private servers who said they started in Cata or later, and they told me they were having way more fun in Vanilla than they had in modern WoW :)
Ppl do know they had a warning on loading screens back then for a reason.

Ppl killed ppl for items in the game and ppl died playing the game. Like some comments state be careful. Know it is just a game.

I am excited for classic but as well nervous. Nervous because will I lose myself again??? I believe I will because I did check out a pserver for a year and bam I was hooked all over again. So, it is that great of a game. Who ever design the game was a genius and some how came out near perfect.
Reminds me of vanilla's launch in so many ways.

After the first stress test beta I was hooked beyond belief. They extended it by a few days as well.

I was about ready to buy a closed beta key for $100 when Blizzard announced the WoW release date.
11/14/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Grossebaffe
My opinion on classic is that if you've never played it, you're in for a shock. Like, if you joined anywhere between cata and bfa, lots of things won't even make sense to you. Lots of "lol what?" moments ahead. Some will like it I hope but a whole damn lot of people will /surrender and never log on classic again.

I think I'll level for the sole purpose of helping Mankrik finding his wife and then retire as a hero.

Oh wait...

You believe you will put it down.. poor bastard is going to get addicted again. Haha.
Its going to be great, I really think its going to be a big hit again and IMO that's going to make Blizz's next move very interesting.

There's a market for old school WoW, its not nostalgia its not rose colored glasses its real and its amazing! Its an RPG that you have to be social in, that you have to go out into the world, where you don't get to sit in a city and Q all day. You'll farm your mats cause gold will be scares and you'll run Strat for orbs, it will be great! You will be out in the world and playing an amazing game with others and interacting all the time in a living breathing world!

Can't freaking wait!!!
11/14/2018 04:37 AMPosted by Bearj
Lol nah people will get sick of walking and horrible drop rates and ninja looting and boring combat classic wows combat isn't hard at all very slow slower then the gcd right now

Classic is only a thing because 25-40 year olds want to "relive the old days" like everyone tries to do these days.

Anyways classic will come out be huge for a couple months people will cry and get angry most will leave and even those who stay will be playing a game with an end/limit.

Its fun to watch the world relearn about how great classic is. It's a teachable moment for both Blizzard and BFA newbs to learn about what a real MMORPG is. And its going to be wonderful to see the outstanding success of the game silence them for years to come.
11/14/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Brockthorn

Wrong.

Out all the expansions Vanilla has a continuous player base. New ppl jump to it because it is free.
I jumped to one because I wanted to brush up and get ready for the official one. Official one will have less gold sellers, bots, and cheats. I hope none that will even make it more sought after.

If I could I would buy the rights to vanilla game play system and all that is part of it. Money is to made off it. You grossly underestimated vanilla wow like no other. Most ppl memories are of vanilla not much is in anything after mop. I have a lot of memories of Vanilla, some in TBC, and less in wrath.

Very very few beyond those expansion.

Vanilla I have the most even though I didn’t play it as heavily as I play tbc.
Each fight reminded me of dark souls.

pfffffhahahahahahaha

Other than that, yeah, I get you, man.