Arena practice with AI

Arenas
Been a little more serious with arena lately, and I'm tryin to get use to all of the stuff going and get my UI, add-ons ironed out. It would be very nice if Blizz had a practice match queue, to warm up /configure new builds. No rewards.

Skirmish just isn't cutting it. Being queued with num nums or fighting #wemeltyourface team, and waiting 2-5 mins for matches kinda sucks - for practice.
you can wargame if you need to set up your ui in peace, otherwise skirms are practically AI with every melee playing the same

if you really need ai, the world is infested with them, or hit the training dummies
11/14/2018 05:24 AMPosted by Laoghaire
you can wargame if you need to set up your ui in peace

You're just going assume everyone has 5 friends
otherwise skirms are practically AI with every melee playing the same

Such clarity and truth
11/14/2018 05:04 AMPosted by Tormund
Been a little more serious with arena lately, and I'm tryin to get use to all of the stuff going and get my UI, add-ons ironed out. It would be very nice if Blizz had a practice match queue, to warm up /configure new builds. No rewards.

Skirmish just isn't cutting it. Being queued with num nums or fighting #wemeltyourface team, and waiting 2-5 mins for matches kinda sucks - for practice.

Couldn’t agree more. Coming from being solely a pve player, I had a really difficult time adjusting to arena 1/2/3 macros, placement of frames, etc IN arenas/skirms. Having an ai arena sim, or even dummy’s that triggered the arena layouts would be helpful for us plebs that want to start. Getting into mythic raiding was WAY easier than getting into 3’s.
skirm
Can you find another dps and a healer from your guild to practice with? Group up and do skirmishes so you can set your ui, keybinds and just get a feel for arena in a stress free environment.

This may not work for you but I use these macros for all spells, cc and such that I want to be able to quickly use on an arena enemy I may not have targeted.

/cast [target=arena1] spellnamehere

Repeat and make 2 more macros for arena 2 and 3.
11/14/2018 06:22 AMPosted by Orphanchild
you can wargame if you need to set up your ui in peace

You're just going assume everyone has 5 friends

*looks at friends list*

you're right....

/sadface
with the new AI blizzard showed off at Blizzcon for BGs, I'm going to assume arena AI is coming also which is awesome. Anything to help people get better is something everybody should be on board with