Honestly why monks?

General Discussion
When I saw Zandalar trolls couldn't be Paladins I was pleased to see they'd be able to be warlocks... now it seems they lost warlocks to get Paladins.

My issue with this is why was the warlock class chosen and not monks.

The defense is they don't use the fel which honestly is highly unlikely with all the undead nonsense going on Zandalar even the original death knights were created by guldan a warlock.

It makes more sense for them to not get monks for multiple reasons.
- why would they learn from a race they see inferior and enslaved(pandas)Also they enslave beings they feel inferior.. just like warlocks enslave demons
- it seems goblins and worgen can't be monks because an internal conflict. Goblins obsessed with money and worgen having their beastial tendencies. Zandalar trolls can fall b in the same boat because they're trying to appease the Loa they have no room for conflicting deities.
Example
Xuen is a white tiger and a celestial of strength.
Eraka no Kimbul is the Loa of tigers and possibly seen as a loa of strength.

You can see how this conflict of interest can make it difficult for them to be monks since it would be like teaching a night elf to not praise Elune but instead a different god completely.

Also the argument their culture is more light based correlates even more with this since the most light based allied race light forged draenei also can't be monks and with the retcon fel magic isn't the same as shadow magic it is just the opposite of arcane now
It was also established in Shadows of the Horde and on the Isle of Thunder that they view the monk fighting style as cowardly and disgraceful.

Additionally: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac
Leave Zandalari monks alone.
I honestly have no idea why Blizzard broke the lore, when adding in Zandalari Monks.... Was it not the Zandalari Trolls who attacked Pandaria, to begin with? Thus, gives zero reason why Zandalari Trolls should be Monks. If the Zandalari Trolls were to have Monks taken away, I'd give the Monk class to the Lightforged Draenei, seeing you aid a Lightforged MONK in the Allied Race recruitment scenario, yet the playable Lightforged Draenei cannot be Monks? Come on, Blizzard...really! Get your lore done right!
11/14/2018 06:22 AMPosted by Kyveli
It was also established in Shadows of the Horde and on the Isle of Thunder that they view the monk fighting style as cowardly and disgraceful.

Additionally: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac

Exactly this, it makes no sense why they would train to be monks.
Monks is one the classes they see as an Everyman class these days like Warrior and Hunter. They want every race to have them, but I do feel Warlock or DH would make more sense.
11/14/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Jaheira
I honestly have no idea why Blizzard broke the lore, when adding in Zandalari Monks

I agree. It makes no sense but that's Blizzard.

I also take issue with how the Horde Pandaren are supposed to be OK with allowing Zandalari Trolls into the family. That would be akin to allowing Orcs into the Alliance and the Draenei being cool with it.
11/14/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Abattøir
They want every race to have them
[Lightforged, goblins, and worgen sobbing softly in the distance]
The thing is that Blizzard is claiming their culture doesn't accept warlocks but this also means they've been living on Zandalar with monks this whole time they accept.

It makes no sense as pointed above they see monks as cowardly
Cause monks need to be clear in mind

Trolls don't even have a brain to think so they are always clear in mind :)
I don't agree with any racial class exclusion because of the sole basis that races are not monolithic entities.

The player character is a hero and not a typical member of that race. Just like being a buddhist white american is uncommon irl I would argue that being a Zandalari monk is uncommon. That doesn't make it impossible.
11/14/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Wariya
Cause monks need to be clear in mind

Trolls don't even have a brain to think so they are always clear in mind :)

Be nice
Monks is one the classes they see as an Everyman class these days like Warrior and Hunter. They want every race to have them, but I do feel Warlock or DH would make more sense.

yeah they why cant goblins and worgen be ones. Beside you want more class combo not less. ask for it and keep monks. Beside there a ton of Pandaren in troll city. If they were not monks i would of been surprised. Sense that one area they training with every race in the game. shesh they like a small army.
im going to level a Zandalari monk maybe when i get my heritage armor on this guy.

im already exalted with Zandalari empire well before 8.1.
I understand that monks make less sense than warlocks, but I have no idea why arguing the removal of monks for Zandalari is even a discussion? If they remove monks it doesn't mean they'll necessarily replace them with warlocks?

11/14/2018 05:57 AMPosted by Vinetremus
why would they learn from a race they see inferior and enslaved

I don't know if this is what you meant, but the zandalari never enslaved the pandaren.

"Both the mogu and Zandalari held contempt for one another. The Zandalari thought themselves above the mogu for two reasons: the presence of the loa, and that the Zandalari did not use slaves as the mogu did." -Wowpedia

It doesn't matter honestly because the zandalari were defeated by the pandaren empire.

And there's also this:

"Taran Zhu theorized that humans and possibly even some Zandalari may have sided with the Pandaren in the pandaren rebellion 12,000 years ago. When Vol'jin pointed out the attitude of the Zandalari and the uncivilised humans at that time, Taran Zhu explained that there are some exceptions in every race." -Wowpedia

11/14/2018 05:57 AMPosted by Vinetremus
- it seems goblins and worgen can't be monks because an internal conflict. Goblins obsessed with money and worgen having their beastial tendencies. Zandalar trolls can fall b in the same boat because they're trying to appease the Loa they have no room for conflicting deities.
Example
Xuen is a white tiger and a celestial of strength.
Eraka no Kimbul is the Loa of tigers and possibly seen as a loa of strength.

You can see how this conflict of interest can make it difficult for them to be monks since it would be like teaching a night elf to not praise Elune but instead a different god completely.

You are assuming that all Zandalari follow a loa and that is probably not true. This isn't really an argument because there's nothing stopping a zandalari troll from worshiping xuen for example instead of kimbul. Both are wild gods and both are loa.

11/14/2018 06:22 AMPosted by Kyveli

Zul's Zandalari =/= Mainland Zandalari
11/14/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Kyveli
They want every race to have them
[Lightforged, goblins, and worgen sobbing softly in the distance]

Ah, i forgot about them. Looks in mirror, yup.
You can argue for adding in warlocks without throwing monks under the bus.
Honestly, at this stage of the game, I don't understand why Blizzard doesn't just open up every class for every race.

There has been so much "square peg in a round hole" lore retconning in the history of the game that any "lore reasons" are tenuous at best.
Only 2 percent of the player base actually chooses to play Monk. This shouldn't be a big issue.
Not everyone can man up to playing the super greatest class.
11/14/2018 09:45 AMPosted by Tyierin
You can argue for adding in warlocks without throwing monks under the bus.

Not throwing yall under the bus. It just makes less sense than warlocks