Honestly why monks?

General Discussion
Goblins and Worgen can't be monks solely because of their starting zones, as the former has a member in the Monk Class Hall (I have no idea why Lightforged can't, especially since T'Paartos is clearly one, that makes zero sense.).

As for the Demoniac, that sounds more like a Demon Hunter than Warlock, I think we'll have to wait for the Demon Hunter starting zone to be updated for that option.
Illidari might Start recruiting for the Void Lord fight.
Same with the Death Knights for that matter.
11/14/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Zimos
Goblins and Worgen can't be monks solely because of their starting zones, as the former has a member in the Monk Class Hall (I have no idea why Lightforged can't, especially since T'Paartos is clearly one, that makes zero sense.).

As for the Demoniac, that sounds more like a Demon Hunter than Warlock, I think we'll have to wait for the Demon Hunter starting zone to be updated for that option.
Illidari might Start recruiting for the Void Lord fight.
Same with the Death Knights for that matter.

Daemonic is old lore though.

You know old lore where that fit warlocks specifically demonology... key why warlocks literally had a spell called demon soul.

Doesn't make sense for Zandalari trolls to be anti fel when the fel hasn't actually harmed their society like it has for let's say Draenei

Also starting zone is a weak excuse
They don't become druids until later on but you can create one from the get go
Zandalari Monks make sense... why?
They have honor.
They value strength.
They are in tune with Nature, The Tiger Loa is similar to the white tiger loa/celestial.
They have brewmaster npcs around Volduun.
The Horde Pandaren can train them, they are not affiliated with Pandarens from Pandaria anyway. They taught highmountain and nightborne as well...
The Zandalari from ToT are not the same ones from our side (If you actually play the campaign and read the quest text). I know alliance would be confused to because in there alliance campaign they think they are killing our zandalari but they are killing zandalari that are not friendly with us xD...
And zandalari punching stuff in the face make sense. With mistmagic and voodoo brews and statues/effigies/totems.
11/14/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Terranox
They have honor.
They value strength.
They are in tune with Nature, The Tiger Loa is similar to the white tiger loa/celestial.
The Horde Pandaren can train them, they are not affiliated with Pandarens from Pandaria anyway. They taught highmountain and nightborne as well...
The Zandalari from ToT are not the same ones from our side (If you actually play the campaign and read the quest text). I know alliance would be confused to because in there alliance campaign they think they are killing our zandalari but they are killing zandalari that are not friendly with us xD...
And zandalari punching stuff in the face make sense. With mistmagic and voodoo brews and statues/effigies/totems.

Doesn't make sense with this argument even more.

So the Horde monks can train Zandalari trolls but the Horde warlocks can't train the trolls..?

The defense blizzard gave was that the Zandalari culture doesn't involve the fel.

It also doesn't involve Pandaren Monkism and you're literally saying the reason they are monks is because the Horde monks taught them Outside of their culture!
Life presents many choices and sometimes going against a flow can prove to be quite difficult, but fear not as it can open new paths.
Because lore doesn’t decide these things. They make up any excuse for race class combos they want then contradict themselves with ones they don’t want.
Because anyone is able to be a monk who has the willingness to learn. It's like being a warrior, it's not hard as long as you train enough.
11/14/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Vinetremus
11/14/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Terranox
They have honor.
They value strength.

Doesn't make sense with this argument even more.

So the Horde monks can train Zandalari trolls but the Horde warlocks can't train the trolls..?

The defense blizzard gave was that the Zandalari culture doesn't involve the fel.

It also doesn't involve Pandaren Monkism and you're literally saying the reason they are monks is because the Horde monks taught them Outside of their culture!

Thats how all monks are introduced though even when groups like dranei or human have had lore from before.

And i do advocate for warlocks. I believe Zandalari should get the 10 playable classes. I dont believe they should remove monks. Making a thread about that is silly. Especially when the troll dance is based around kapoera which is brazilian martial arts. Zandalari hexxars should exist and there warlock lore would center around affliction locks and demonology from older lore.