Mythic + this week.

BFA Dungeons, Island Expeditions, and Raids
The dungeons are too difficult this week. Certain affix combinations are too punishing and certain affixes by themselves are heavily over-tuned in the current state. Blizzard you have a community of people wanting to grind dungeons for gear. If you are going to make the mythic 10+ difficulty on level with mythic raiding, then why not have mythic 10s drop 380s every dungeon? I'm serious when I say a lot of people are going to take a week off, which may actually be good for everyone's health to be honest. It's obvious this week's affixes are driving away a significant portion of people from the game. This isn't in the best interest of the company I'm guessing. Listen to the people.
And were you complaining last week when the dungeons were rediculously easy?
Yes. I was still complaining about some tyrannical boss fights. Last week was easier yes. Why can't they tune other affixes to be that difficulty. What level dungeons are you doing?
some specific dungeons need surely a tuning pass. We have been there before in Legion, it was awful but doable in most cases. Maybe, just maybe, they're waiting for a full cycle of affixes before tuning them, except in extreme cases (some encounters already had explosive balls amount tuned like UR last boss).
11/14/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Flappydrood
And were you complaining last week when the dungeons were rediculously easy?

How's your question relevant to OP's point?

Last week was ridiculously easy, lots of people ran keys. This week is hard, almost no runs are going out. People push on easy weeks get high scores, can't possibly beat those scores on hard weeks so stop running m+. I think it's in Blizzards interest to make the experience smoother so people play more consistently and don't find it so frustrating, but I don't really get the feeling the current blizzard cares. I'm not saying every week should be as easy as last week but this week feels impractically difficult.
Rather have challenging and difficult affixed versus ez mode. More satisfying in the end when you chest a timer.
11/14/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Moodakris
Rather have challenging and difficult affixed versus ez mode. More satisfying in the end when you chest a timer.

Really? you'd rather get less chances at gear? Okay. I think you're in the minority and most people would to be able to complete 10s consistently in time so they can actually get chances at more gear. With azerite rolls, sockets, tertiary stats, titanforging, people will grind these dungeons out like Diablo 3 greater rifts to optimize stats. Why not make it rewarding? The reward structure is just not where it needs to be right now and it's very difficult to farm anything. Mythic 12s should be giving 380s at this point. Certain affixes need to be reconsidered and nerfed.
I actually just totally disagree with you. You know what's satisfying? PRing a dungeon on an easy week. Early in the week I know, but on my server there has been only 3 runs above a level 10 on KR. That is an indication of too much difficulty.
11/14/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Rakunarr
11/14/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Moodakris

Really? you'd rather get less chances at gear? Okay. I think you're in the minority and most people who like to be able to complete 10s consistently in time so they can actually get chances at more gear. With azerite rolls, sockets, tertiary stats, titanforging, people will grind these dungeons out like Diablo 3 greater rifts to optimize stats. Why not make it rewarding? The reward structure is just not where it needs to be right now and it's very difficult to farm anything. Mythic 12s should be giving 380s at this point. Certain affixes need to be reconsidered and nerfed.
I actually just totally disagree with you. You know what's satisfying? PRing a dungeon on an easy week.

Any M+ above 10 has always been about challenge and io score and not about gear. Yet we still have plenty of people running them regularly. So don't assume that everyone's goal is for more loot. Many of us like the challenge of harder content. This weeks combo of affixes is pretty rough but thats okay with me, I'm not in it for the gear.
11/14/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Fierytaint

Really? you'd rather get less chances at gear? Okay. I think you're in the minority and most people who like to be able to complete 10s consistently in time so they can actually get chances at more gear. With azerite rolls, sockets, tertiary stats, titanforging, people will grind these dungeons out like Diablo 3 greater rifts to optimize stats. Why not make it rewarding? The reward structure is just not where it needs to be right now and it's very difficult to farm anything. Mythic 12s should be giving 380s at this point. Certain affixes need to be reconsidered and nerfed.
I actually just totally disagree with you. You know what's satisfying? PRing a dungeon on an easy week.

Any M+ above 10 has always been about challenge and io score and not about gear. Yet we still have plenty of people running them regularly. So don't assume that everyone's goal is for more loot. Many of us like the challenge of harder content. This weeks combo of affixes is pretty rough but thats okay with me, I'm not in it for the gear.

I didn't assume that was everyone's goal. I inferred a majority. I play to push higher keys and to get gear. Neither is happening this week.
Quite frankly gear doesn't even cross my mind... Out of 40+ timed 10-14 keys and who knows how many completion runs I've ended up with a single 390 titanforge and two 375 warforges... Titanforging isn't a motivator for me.

I don't have statistics I haven't run a poll so I don't know for sure, but I would hypothesize most of the wow population doesn't find this level of challenge fun. It is satisfying to chest hard affixes, but the amount of effort which goes into doing so isn't justifiable for most of us. It's like diablo on high torment without the increased reward.
Personally i've gotten to a point where I run keys to beat the timer because I've run out of things to do minus mythic uldir...then again I hate uldir because of how unappealing the whole place is compared to, say, any of the legion raids.

but to be honest, the whack a mole affix is just a pain in my bussy to deal with. It's not even challenging unless you consider sifting through a sea of nameplates challenging, which I find to be just tedious and downright anti-fun. With other ground-based affixes, you at least need to know how to move around, how to kite, etc. With explosives, you can only los them and it's not like every dungeon allows people the opportunity to los it.
Having dead affixes is bad for the game. It actively turns players away from playing the game. This is mostly anecdotal, but consider this:

1) On twitch, most of the smaller m+ streamers aren't streaming this week.
2) First-tier streamers who need to stream b/c they have to, are streaming "alt content." I am watching top US streamers bricking +12 Atals right now on their alts. Not very exciting.
3) Mythic discords activity is way down, no one is looking for groups.
4) In-game LFG activity is way down.
5) People in my guild and my team, are refusing to log in for keys. It's not a key week, it's a "gear alts" or "play POE/LOL" week for them.

Blizz is actively discouraging players from playing their game!

And it doesn't have to be like that. I understand that the affix rotation is an integral part of the affix system, but swings in either direction, too hard or too easy, are not good for the game. It forces players to cherry pick the good weeks to push, and lay low on others. In Legion you actively discouraged this behavior by nerfing the easiest affix combo (Sang/Fort/Volc).

I think it's time to do the same in BFA by nerfing the hardest affix combos instead.

The prime example is this week. You buffed the trash in BFA tremendously, so just dealing with packs of teeming/fort mobs is no joke. But add explosive, and you tip the balance too far. This is especially evident when you consider the counter-active nature of the affixes. You need to pull big and fast to make the teeming %. But you can't pull big, because you will be overwhelmed by orbs. It's a weird situation where you have to sit on the pot, but can't really ****. Another affix combo like this is bolstering/explosive, where you need to kill mobs fast to avoid orbs, but killing fast exacerbates bolstering stacks, especially in places like Siege where there are pulls with as many as SIX different HP-level mobs!

Blizz, please, look at your data. Look at player activity. Consider tuning some affix combos. *Dead weeks* are bad for the game. I want to play WoW. I wanna run keys. Just like so many other people who bought into m+. There should not be this feast or famine cycle, and there shouldn't be dead weeks.
Delete explosive please
11/15/2018 12:08 AMPosted by Surelok
Having dead affixes is bad for the game. It actively turns players away from playing the game. This is mostly anecdotal, but consider this:

2) First-tier streamers who need to stream b/c they have to, are streaming "alt content." I am watching top US streamers bricking +12 Atals right now on their alts. Not very exciting.
5) People in my guild and my team, are refusing to log in for keys. It's not a key week, it's a "gear alts" or "play POE/LOL" week for them.

And it doesn't have to be like that. I understand that the affix rotation is an integral part of the affix system, but swings in either direction, too hard or too easy, are not good for the game. It forces players to cherry pick the good weeks to push, and lay low on others. In Legion you actively discouraged this behavior by nerfing the easiest affix combo (Sang/Fort/Volc).

I think it's time to do the same in BFA by nerfing the hardest affix combos instead.

The prime example is this week. You buffed the trash in BFA tremendously, so just dealing with packs of teeming/fort mobs is no joke. But add explosive, and you tip the balance too far. This is especially evident when you consider the counter-active nature of the affixes. You need to pull big and fast to make the teeming %. But you can't pull big, because you will be overwhelmed by orbs. It's a weird situation where you have to sit on the pot, but can't really ****. Another affix combo like this is bolstering/explosive, where you need to kill mobs fast to avoid orbs, but killing fast exacerbates bolstering stacks, especially in places like Siege where there are pulls with as many as SIX different HP-level mobs!

Blizz, please, look at your data. Look at player activity. Consider tuning some affix combos. *Dead weeks* are bad for the game. I want to play WoW. I wanna run keys. Just like so many other people who bought into m+. There should not be this feast or famine cycle, and there shouldn't be dead weeks.

This sums up my feelings precisely.

Wholeheartedly agree that it feels bad when players are inclined to aggressively avoid content. It's bad when streamers "aren't getting paid enough to deal with this headache." The combination takes the challenge past the fun threshold into excessively unpleasant territory.

I think some small changes would help:

Orb health should be lowered. The challenge should be reacting and swapping targets in a timely manner, not bringing classes with sufficient burst abilities to manage the spawns. Explosive makes some already undesirable classes even less-so.

Make it so that CC'd mobs can't spawn orbs. Teeming significantly changes the way you approach some pulls, especially with infested mobs. Groups that feel it necessary to CC are already sacrificing speed in order to succeed, I don't think they should also be required to monitor distant idle mobs for orb spawns.

Orbs shouldn't proc off themselves. I've heard players claim that explosive orbs are propagating off of themselves. If so this should be rendered impossible.
11/14/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Fierytaint
I don't know why, but raider.io suggests that you haven't completed a dungeon, in-time or otherwise, this week. My inclination is to reject your claims based on your lack of experience. I do agree that the challenge, not gear, is my primary motivation but feel this week's affix combination feels like too much.
11/15/2018 12:08 AMPosted by Surelok

Agree with pretty much all of what you've said.