Blizzard: Never Give In To Children Crying

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
I agree blizzard should bring back wod emfh! Hey wasnt it nerfed due to.....

Oh.
Nah, just make mobile mini transaction games for them instead.
Blizzard never did give in to the children crying...

And so their stocks plummeted.
Not everyone enjoys pvp. Regardless of the incentives some will always keep wm off. And as we saw with pvp servers before. There was at times an unspoken understanding that you just leave each other alone because we have better things to do.

Yes people can be idiots and whine just because like children.

But if your kid whines about something for a !@#$ reason. That doesn't affect your pay check. Players are blizzards paycheck. They need us happy or they loose thier jobs.

You dont belittle or antagonize your consumer. You don't poke the sleeping bear without being mauled.

Wpvp will just never be a good thing for everyone.
Just in the past month or so, Horde's uncontrollable sobbing got them Zandalari Paladins (and probably their Zandalari Warlocks too in the near future with the current level of crying) and an unprecedented adjustment to a quest to give players a choice on which warchief to support.

But whoa, whoa. Alliance is possibly getting an insignificant boost to WM to encourage pvp that they didn't even ask for (at least from what I've seen) and in fact might actually give the Horde what they want: more Alliance in WM? I can't believe Blizzard caved to whiners like that!

What a joke. People like you give the Horde an even worse name.
11/14/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Jamalia
11/14/2018 05:58 PMPosted by Amine
Btw - what exactly is OP referring to. What changes to warmode are happening ?

Someone made a thread claiming PTR had the Alliance, in Warmode, with a 30% bonus. I don't play PTR and it's not in the notes released today.

edit: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769589673?page=1

They deserve it, imo. Been Warmode since the beginning of BfA and my experiences with the Alliance mostly consist of one guy by a quest mob getting ganked by 5+ of my fellow Horde.

Give 'em a little extra for having to put up with *that*.
11/14/2018 06:28 PMPosted by Kakurine
Not everyone enjoys pvp. Regardless of the incentives some will always keep wm off.

Which is fine of course. Not belittling anyone who chooses to stay out of warmode, but I think it's a good thing for the scrappy underdogs who are left fighting to get a little something extra for the challenge they are taking on.

Seriously, I welcome any change that gets more Alliance into warmode, so I am not spending days at a time just trying to scrape together enough kills to get a CtA weekly done.
"WAAAAAHHHH!! Daddy I'm hungry!"

"Shut up Timmy I fed you two days ago, you ungrateful brat! Now be nice and quiet like your sister over there." *cut to empty corner and open window, Timmy's sister left for better pastures ages ago*
11/14/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Empowerments
One of the biggest rules in parenting is that when a child is crying about something you shouldn't give in or else they'll cry even more. It creates a cycle where they will literally cry at everything because they know eventually you'll give in and reward them. Nothing has been closer to this than what the Alliance is doing: boycott War Mode. Now you're giving them incentives for turning it back on which will in the long run just make them cry more.

There are those who believe this to be true, that babies are tiny balls of manipulation born evil, who need to be ignored constantly so they will learn that people who supposedly love them will abandon them when they need them the most.

As ye sow so shall ye reap.

The issue with increasing the bonus is that it does in no way address the problem that being outnumbered and unable to complete your content means you get no bonus. No bonus is still no bonus.

If you want people to participate, you have to reward them for participating. This doesn't quite do that.
Children cost you money. Players give you money. The difference.

You suck at finding metaphors.
11/14/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Kreivos
11/14/2018 06:28 PMPosted by Kakurine
Not everyone enjoys pvp. Regardless of the incentives some will always keep wm off.

Which is fine of course. Not belittling anyone who chooses to stay out of warmode, but I think it's a good thing for the scrappy underdogs who are left fighting to get a little something extra for the challenge they are taking on.

Seriously, I welcome any change that gets more Alliance into warmode, so I am not spending days at a time just trying to scrape together enough kills to get a CtA weekly done.

Im fine with wm giving ally a greater boost. But do not believe a greater incentive will magically fix the balance issue.

The average player probably at this point has all thier exalted reps and gear better then any wq will give.

Meaning that no incentive is likely to do anything.

Some may turn it on with the bigger boost. But players whom loathe pvp will never turn it on.
I have mine turned off because I'm a disc priest. And as much as I'd loved smiting you and all your little friends to death...I don't feel like undergoing that 45 min battle that I will most likely win. Literally I had it on but everyone would try to fight me and it would either take forever to kill them or theyd run and it just got to be annoying.
11/14/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Kakurine
11/14/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Kreivos

Im fine with wm giving ally a greater boost. But do not believe a greater incentive will magically fix the balance issue.

The average player probably at this point has all thier exalted reps and gear better then any wq will give.

Meaning that no incentive is likely to do anything.

Some may turn it on eith the bigger boost. But players whom loathe pvp will never turn it on.

If it brings even a few more into it though, then that'll be great.
11/14/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Kreivos
11/14/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Jamalia

Someone made a thread claiming PTR had the Alliance, in Warmode, with a 30% bonus. I don't play PTR and it's not in the notes released today.

edit: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769589673?page=1

They deserve it, imo. Been Warmode since the beginning of BfA and my experiences with the Alliance mostly consist of one guy by a quest mob getting ganked by 5+ of my fellow Horde.

I won't get into it, but my opinion is that there should have never been a pve bonus added to wpvp. Another example of Blizz trying to get people to do stuff they don't really want to (for rewards, not fun) and ending up with mud on their face.

REMOVE ANY BONUS FROM WARMODE. Just let the people who want to gank and harass each other do so. It's people going there for pve gains that have pushed it passed imbalanced to broken.
The incentive for having War Mode on should be greater for BOTH factions so players feel crippled by having it off. The problem right now is the bonus is so small that many Alliance players opt-out in favor of increased productivity. If War Mode provided more incentive for BOTH factions you would have actual battles

...And the Horde would just murder everyone because we outnumber them. Of course this is coming from a Hordie and I'm ashamed to be on your faction. All you want is for Alliance players to be forced to turn it on so you can farm honour off the weaker group. It won't be battles; it'll be slaughters.
One of the biggest rules in parenting is that when a child is crying about something you shouldn't give in or else they'll cry even more..

One of the biggest rules in business... Dont treat your customers like children nor call them children!!

Mic Drop.
Also lets consider something else. If the wm boost is higher and players turn it on only for a time. They are only using it for the buff. Not neccesarily because they want to pvp.

As it stand currently if i flag myself on any toon. If someone attacks me i dont fight back at all. I stand there and spam the sit button till my attacker kills me. Because fighting back isn't worth while to me. Or a find a cliff to jump off. If there was a kamakazi toy i could use to off myself in combat that would work nice.

Buffing incentives isn't a actual fix.
11/14/2018 06:54 PMPosted by Jamalia
11/14/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Kreivos

I won't get into it, but my opinion is that there should have never been a pve bonus added to wpvp. Another example of Blizz trying to get people to do stuff they don't really want to (for rewards, not fun) and ending up with mud on their face.

REMOVE ANY BONUS FROM WARMODE. Just let the people who want to gank and harass each other do so. It's people going there for pve gains that have pushed it passed imbalanced to broken.

Or just maybe...

Go back to the old system?
Add in that assassin quest thing and buff which incentivises wpvp and done. That's it. No warmode. Seriously. Just make pvp talents viable in pvp only like before.

Warmode and Sharding butchered my main's once amazing wpvp realm. Add in the HORRIFIC balance atm and the RNG loot system... This game dead to me atm.

INB4 "why paying for it then?" Already unsubbed. Waiting for Classic. Seriously though GL to you guys.
One of the biggest rules in parenting is that when a child is crying about something you shouldn't give in or else they'll cry even more.
"Shut up, you brat. I don't care how broke your leg is, we ain't goin' anyplace 'til you quitcher blubbering!"

You should be proud, OP, here on this very final night of Wow Forums 2.0, of somehow posting both the very worst gaming advice ever, and the very worst parenting advice to grace these forums.

And for the prace of mind of almost everyone here, I hope you'll have the decency to confirm that you have not been allowed to reproduce. Thank you.
Despite blizzard's numbers that suggest sharding is fair and balanced, I feel just as "at home" in KT as I do in Zandalar when on my Horde characters. Im actually surprised when I see Alliance players in Stormsong Valley. I got bored and decied to level my Ally Warlock that I mained in legion. Well lets just say it felt more like zombie mode than war mode.