Blizzard: Never Give In To Children Crying

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
11/14/2018 07:23 PMPosted by Restofareye
Despite blizzard's numbers that suggest sharding is fair and balanced, I feel just as "at home" in KT as I do in Zandalar when on my Horde characters. Im actually surprised when I see Alliance players in Stormsong Valley. I got bored and decied to level my Ally Warlock that I mained in legion. Well lets just say it felt more like zombie mode than war mode.

Pretty sure they said at blizzcon (or an interview afterward I got his info from MMO champ so not sure) that they are aware of the balancing issues with warmode and even talked about how the sharding isn't really smart enough to deal with the creation and break up of large groups.
OP sounds like he's worried he might get outnumbered and actually have to learn to PvP.
11/14/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Empowerments
One of the biggest rules in parenting is that when a child is crying about something you shouldn't give in or else they'll cry even more.

I'll get my parenting advice from a more reliable source thank you.
One of the biggest rules in parenting is that when a child is crying about something you shouldn't give in or else they'll cry even more. It creates a cycle where they will literally cry at everything because they know eventually you'll give in and reward them. Nothing has been closer to this than what the Alliance is doing: boycott War Mode. Now you're giving them incentives for turning it back on which will in the long run just make them cry more.

The incentive for having War Mode on should be greater for BOTH factions so players feel crippled by having it off. The problem right now is the bonus is so small that many Alliance players opt-out in favor of increased productivity. If War Mode provided more incentive for BOTH factions you would have actual battles happening on a regular basis competing for those greatly increased rewards. Faction imbalance isn't the core problem here; it's the small 10% increased rewards that are worth it until you get camped for an hour.

Ultimately what a fix like this is going to do is going to result in dramatic power swings as each faction turns it on and off each week as risk and rewards change. To have a real impact on participation in War Mode we need to see some core shifts like bounties being unable to use flight paths, greatly increased honor rewards (making actual world PvP a viable grinding strategy), and a greater incentive than just a 10% bonus.

Your analogy is inapplicable to a consumer-business relationships. If Blizzard were the parent of players you might have a point.

However, that isn't the case.

Companies that ignore consumer demands do so at their peril.
I like the bonus, but in still not going to use Warmode.

In my experience playing since Classic, there's always at least two Horde players ready for some PvP for every Alliance player.

Stranglethorn Vale, South Shore, Hellfire Peninsula, etc. I would've played on a PvE server, but all my buddies were on Mannoroth.

Feels better to know that I can actually get stuff done when I log in rather than get ganked for 20 minutes.
What would fix warmode is not having everyone bandwagoning on horde. Also fixing their !@#$ty sharding.
warmode is trash lol! in old pvp if someone was getting ganked id flag and help but not anymore because you cant see them so yea they got rid of wpvp and gave in to the crybabies!
Has nothing to do with Crying .. only 1/3rd of the population was on pvp realms.. for a reason. So you can stop whining about how people should feel like they have to warmode.
One of the biggest rules in parenting is that when a child is crying about something you shouldn't give in or else they'll cry even more. It creates a cycle where they will literally cry at everything because they know eventually you'll give in and reward them. Nothing has been closer to this than what the Alliance is doing: boycott War Mode. Now you're giving them incentives for turning it back on which will in the long run just make them cry more.

The incentive for having War Mode on should be greater for BOTH factions so players feel crippled by having it off. The problem right now is the bonus is so small that many Alliance players opt-out in favor of increased productivity. If War Mode provided more incentive for BOTH factions you would have actual battles happening on a regular basis competing for those greatly increased rewards. Faction imbalance isn't the core problem here; it's the small 10% increased rewards that are worth it until you get camped for an hour.

Ultimately what a fix like this is going to do is going to result in dramatic power swings as each faction turns it on and off each week as risk and rewards change. To have a real impact on participation in War Mode we need to see some core shifts like bounties being unable to use flight paths, greatly increased honor rewards (making actual world PvP a viable grinding strategy), and a greater incentive than just a 10% bonus.

So basically a stronger form of "you think you do, but you don't" ???

Yeah buddy
So yeah...my group and another group (about 10 people in total) literally just chased a single Alliance paladin from one end of Stormsong to another. He ended up trolling us with a bubblehearth, lol.

But that's how hungry we are for kills here. Been on this quest for two hours and I am 1/10 Alliance Players Slain. *Anything* that gets more Alliance in on warmode would be a great thing.
Make servers matter again and maybe warmode wouldn't be such a clown fiesta. The Horde I see out in the world might as well be NPCs, I'm unlikely to see them again and there's no time to build up a sense of familiarity or a grudge.
But Blizzard already gives the Horde everything they want. So... little late on this suggestion.
Children don't pay the bills.

I paid for BfA and 6 months of sub time before it was even released.

Two weeks into BfA I uninstalled WoW.

#PathfinderSucks
11/14/2018 06:28 PMPosted by Lóthorin
Just in the past month or so, Horde's uncontrollable sobbing got them Zandalari Paladins (and probably their Zandalari Warlocks too in the near future with the current level of crying) and an unprecedented adjustment to a quest to give players a choice on which warchief to support.

But whoa, whoa. Alliance is possibly getting an insignificant boost to WM to encourage pvp that they didn't even ask for (at least from what I've seen) and in fact might actually give the Horde what they want: more Alliance in WM? I can't believe Blizzard caved to whiners like that!

What a joke. People like you give the Horde an even worse name.

My first thoughts. Horde complain for entire expansion; Blizzard concedes. Alliance complains (not even about WM, that is just Blizz seeing the numbers), Blizz just completely ignores and Horde, for whatever reason, actually think that one side complains any more than the other.
I say this every time I'm in a restaurant, with someone's dang kid crying.

1) Take your brat outside, we don't have to listen to it.

2) Solve the problem. Come back in when it is solved, or leave if it is not. Then punish the kid for not behaving in public.

11/14/2018 06:06 PMPosted by Djarro
Crying children are literally the worst. Esp. on planes. Have you ever been on a 5 hour flight with a kid who just cried the whole time...

Louis CK had a hilarious thing about that, with him showing what he guessed the guy wanted him to do. Then Louis CK later did that one "thing." I miss him =/

I've never been on a plane, but if I was I'd get some real good earplugs as well as noise deafening headphones to wear over the earplugs.

I've heard of reward changes but not think it would matter if people choose not to be in warmode.I can't blame them ,continually being bothered by strangers to do pvp while doing wq is rude and wasting time .It really left a bad impression on me when crz started from pvp realms,most of people on our realm knows who would want to play that way and pretty much leaving the rest that don't alone,but not these guys pull horde ncp's to flag you for easy kills.

If pvpers cry about it,fine they deserve it.
11/14/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Lóthorin
100% agreed: horde really needs to stop sobbing about everything.

It's refreshing to see a horde player acknowledge this.
11/14/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Fiznazzle
Let's not listen to the crying op about warmode blahblahblah and just ignore pvp till it dies, yeah!

thats what im doing /carebear all day.
I played a game before I entered this thread wondering what the OP was going to warn Blizzard about while thinking to myself "What haven't they turned around on so far?"

I really had my money on this thread being about Zandalari Warlocks

Second place was going to be about Warmode

Third place was High Elves.

I got a silver medal. Woo!
Lol..

As if children are putting millions of dollars into their parents bank accounts in exchange for parental services.

I think you're confused about our relationship with Blizzard here, my friend. We do not work for them. We are not their children. They work for us and it is their job to please us.