Blizzard: Never Give In To Children Crying

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
The incentive for having War Mode on should be greater for BOTH factions so players feel crippled by having it off.

Um....that last sentence.....you might want to...rephrase it.....just saying...

The problem right now is the bonus is so small that many Alliance players opt-out in favor of increased productivity.

Most of us dont pvp and dont want to pvp. So really thats wrong.

It isnt that we "opt out of war mode because of rewards" we just OPT OUT of pvp completely....and all the incentives in the world will not change that fact.

If War Mode provided more incentive for BOTH factions you would have actual battles happening on a regular basis competing for those greatly increased rewards.

The day that opting into warmode gives an instant reward of ten million gold, come see me.

Faction imbalance isn't the core problem here; it's the small 10% increased rewards that are worth it until you get camped for an hour.

So your complaint boils down to...given a choice whether or not to pvp, most people Alliance side choose not to. And you arent happy about that.

Most Alliance players dont pvp and what this is is "what rewards can we offer them to make them want to pvp", being totally tone deaf to the feedback that is right in front of you.

Start of BFA

"Do you want to pvp"

"No"

"What rewards can we offer you to pvp"

"None"

A few months later:

"Do you want to pvp"

"No"

"What added rewards can we offer you"

"What was my answer the last time you asked me this question?"

"You said no"

"Then why are you asking me a question I already answered three months ago?
The bonus is based on imbalance. If there's no imbalance there's no extra bonus.

Personally i'm curious how they're implementing it. Is it based on the shard? The zone? If it's based on the shard that's just a free bonus when leveling. Cause my little Nelf is 103 and the only time I've seen another player at all is when I was que'd for a bg.
They give in to dollars

why you think they are going mobile?? for kids ?? bwahahahahah
Have you ever been on a 5 hour flight with a kid who just cried the whole time...

Yes.

The child's ears could not handle the pressure changes and was in extreme pain.
The kids crying are the shareholders. They're the only people who'll end up making blizzard make a WoW for mobile.
11/15/2018 02:38 AMPosted by Aehl
Have you ever been on a 5 hour flight with a kid who just cried the whole time...

Yes.

The child's ears could not handle the pressure changes and was in extreme pain.

Non parents don't understand that it's not always a discipline issue. They just want to be annoyed.
But that's how hungry we are for kills here. Been on this quest for two hours and I am 1/10 Alliance Players Slain. *Anything* that gets more Alliance in on warmode would be a great thing.

So you are complaining you have a lack of targets.

I seem to recall me saying several times that this was EXACTLY what was going to happen.

Given a choice, most players choose NOT to pvp...which more or less tells you just how popular pvp..isnt.
Non parents don't understand that it's not always a discipline issue. They just want to be annoyed.

The good news was when we dropped below 10000 feet, the pain eased. Poor little tyke, was trying to be brave too. That kind of pain can be..excruciating.

Im not a parent btw, but one look at his face and body language told me what was wrong.
Blizzard should never give in to condescending pretense, delivered by players that insist everyone play the way they do.
11/14/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Jamalia
11/14/2018 05:58 PMPosted by Amine
Btw - what exactly is OP referring to. What changes to warmode are happening ?

Someone made a thread claiming PTR had the Alliance, in Warmode, with a 30% bonus. I don't play PTR and it's not in the notes released today.

edit: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769589673?page=1

People make threads claiming all kinds of things but most people don't believe some of them until they see them. I would seriously doubt this will happen.

It wouldn't make a bit of difference though because I personally still wouldn't turn on warmode for a 30% bonus in xp - not even for a 100% bonus in xp. Giving alliance that kind of bonus would result in more horde camping of low level characters not less.
IMO I think Blizz is trying to hard to push open world pvp specifically. When you look at the bonus exp and extra talents it may be tempting, but consider the facts.

It has been widely brought up that "pvp scaling is broken" andyou could get ganked by someone who hit 120 within a couple days of launch when you only have a couple of hours or so per day to play so you are still enjoying the storyline.

An mmorpg can be enjoyed in tons of ways and the content creators should mould the gameplay in a way that rewards players for choosing to play the game all kinds of ways. I personally believe that much like the class hall campaign, there should be a pvp campaign. Possibly even class specific pvp campaigns that you could have followers you could send on missions to get honor and marks of honor. More pvp pets mounts and transmogs that could be attained through questlines designed by pvpers for pvpers.

I get that people play this game for nothing but pvp, and i sympathize with them playing how they want. However Blizz hasnt made many big changes to pvp until they added warmode in an attempt to make everyone feel included. The simple fact is with pvp content lacking, pvpers get bored because they dont do much else. Blizzard needs to hang a fat juicy steak on a stick in front of the treadmill, not kale on a stick(meat is good, sorry vegitarians and vegans, kale blows).

By breathing some life into the pvp community and making the game playable and interesting without doing any storyline 0quests, you will be able to allow the pvpers to be with other pvpers and everyone else on the other side. Then just remove warmode and voila, problem solved.Think of Yin and Yang and how equality must be maintained to ensure balance. And if you are here mainly for the story but you want to try pvp thats fine but pvp needs to be able to be fun by itself.
11/15/2018 02:48 AMPosted by Amine
11/14/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Jamalia

Someone made a thread claiming PTR had the Alliance, in Warmode, with a 30% bonus. I don't play PTR and it's not in the notes released today.

edit: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769589673?page=1

People make threads claiming all kinds of things but most people don't believe some of them until they see them. I would seriously doubt this will happen.

It wouldn't make a bit of difference though because I personally still wouldn't turn on warmode for a 30% bonus in xp - not even for a 100% bonus in xp. Giving alliance that kind of bonus would result in more horde camping of low level characters not less.

Blizzard would need to make the rewards fun to get, a bonus does not help. But i do not think they understand PVP at all in a open world like wow, So i think its normal they are struggling with it.
11/15/2018 03:09 AMPosted by Sharaeline
11/15/2018 02:48 AMPosted by Amine

Blizzard would need to make the rewards fun to get, a bonus does not help. But i do not think they understand PVP at all in a open world like wow, So i think its normal they are struggling with it.

Blizzard struggles with understanding a lot of things, not just PvP. Most of it revolves around why people play this game and how they value their own time.
You know what other parents just love? When someone tells them how to raise their child. You know what companies love even more? When some rando customer, with zero credentials comes in and tells them how to run their business, and what to do with their product.
k
Problem is, we "children" have something they want. $
11/14/2018 06:06 PMPosted by Djarro
Crying children are literally the worst. Esp. on planes. Have you ever been on a 5 hour flight with a kid who just cried the whole time...

Yup and went up to parent. ask very polite to see child. Sit and played with him. he stop and fell asleep within 10 min. rest of trip was nice.
Note patting not always best. surprising foot rubs work wonders on infants.
I really do not think its an incentive issue, a lot of people I guess more on ally side just do not want to pvp. They could add anything and I am one of those ppl that would still not put war mode on. I am sure there are many just like me.
Unless those crying children are your investors...
that ship sailed with cataclysm