Let them know we tried
'cause when the children fight
Let them know it ain't right
When the children pray
Let them know the way
'cause when the children sing
The new world begins
Lol
Yes, because we should all be taking parenting advice from a videogame addict lol.
Yeah, treating unhappy customers like crying children = good business. OP is seriously deficient in knowledge of profitable business practice. I hope they aren't on blizzard's payroll.
I am all for Alliance not using warmode, however. Makes it easier for me to level all my Horde toons.
consider this:

there may be a significant difference between children crying to their parents who provide for all their wants and needs

And

A company that chooses to ignore what their customers are wanting in their products.

Failure to please your customers often results in them closing their wallets and walking away to a different vendor.

So would a company rather please some elite single individual and get his $15 a month sub, or pleasing thousands of normal avg customers and getting all their $15 a month.

Serious decision there, which is the better suggestion?
Except we’re the parent in this instance, as we’re financially supporting the game to stay afloat and keeping the game alive with our community.

So you’re 100% wrong.
11/14/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Empowerments
One of the biggest rules in parenting is that when a child is crying about something you shouldn't give in or else they'll cry even more. It creates a cycle where they will literally cry at everything because they know eventually you'll give in and reward them. Nothing has been closer to this than what the Alliance is doing: boycott War Mode. Now you're giving them incentives for turning it back on which will in the long run just make them cry more.

The incentive for having War Mode on should be greater for BOTH factions so players feel crippled by having it off. The problem right now is the bonus is so small that many Alliance players opt-out in favor of increased productivity. If War Mode provided more incentive for BOTH factions you would have actual battles happening on a regular basis competing for those greatly increased rewards. Faction imbalance isn't the core problem here; it's the small 10% increased rewards that are worth it until you get camped for an hour.

Ultimately what a fix like this is going to do is going to result in dramatic power swings as each faction turns it on and off each week as risk and rewards change. To have a real impact on participation in War Mode we need to see some core shifts like bounties being unable to use flight paths, greatly increased honor rewards (making actual world PvP a viable grinding strategy), and a greater incentive than just a 10% bonus.

Some players just don't like world pvp. I know horde players who have turned it off because they dislike it, it's an issue for both factions. Personally coming from a pvp server I enjoy pvp, had it on for 4 weeks after bfa release but honestly just got tired of not being able to complete wqs because 40 man rare groups jump me after they kill the rare when I need to do the same wq. It'd be one thing on zandalar but in our own zones is a bit insane. Cba to waste my effort doing this, I think warmode just needs to be left alone wpvp was for a niche playerbase to begin with and it's just a 1 shot party at this point, there's a reason there was a lot of populated pve realms vs pvp realms so forcing them into it by crippling the ones who aren't using it even further definitely wouldn't have a positive effect on subscriptions.

Personally I believe the issue is actually more at fault of the people who cried about pvp scaling, why would I want to level my new 110 to 120 and have to deal with people 2 shooting me with auto attacks?
ahh the general discussion forum. where blizzard goes to get their best ideas and to take the best business/parenting advise
11/14/2018 06:06 PMPosted by Djarro
Crying children are literally the worst. Esp. on planes. Have you ever been on a 5 hour flight with a kid who just cried the whole time...

Oh, I would probably scream in the plane. Of course I usually sleep on the plane.
If you want to know why the Alliance does not turn Warmode? It is because we do not care about it. Even if we did care about it, it is not beneficial. Oh, we can get better exp or something? Not if we are always outnumbered and get ganked for trying to do something. You get no exp or reward if you are outnumbered getting killed. You lose your gold, getting a negative in your gold deposit. Yeah, it is not worth it. It might be a challenging and a little fun, but I can just go into PVP BGs and have a better time having fun and actually get something out of it.

Warmode is stupid. I did not ask for it, nor do I care about it, unless I fell like I want a challenge for my rogue. Every other gets ganked and run over by the tides of horde players.
I'm not buying McDonalds because I don't like it. I'm not boycotting McDonalds I just don't like it...

Same with Warmode. It's not an obligation by any mean, it's a choice.
11/15/2018 03:02 AMPosted by Ber
IMO I think Blizz is trying to hard to push open world pvp specifically. When you look at the bonus exp and extra talents it may be tempting, but consider the facts.

It has been widely brought up that "pvp scaling is broken" andyou could get ganked by someone who hit 120 within a couple days of launch when you only have a couple of hours or so per day to play so you are still enjoying the storyline.

An mmorpg can be enjoyed in tons of ways and the content creators should mould the gameplay in a way that rewards players for choosing to play the game all kinds of ways. I personally believe that much like the class hall campaign, there should be a pvp campaign. Possibly even class specific pvp campaigns that you could have followers you could send on missions to get honor and marks of honor. More pvp pets mounts and transmogs that could be attained through questlines designed by pvpers for pvpers.

I get that people play this game for nothing but pvp, and i sympathize with them playing how they want. However Blizz hasnt made many big changes to pvp until they added warmode in an attempt to make everyone feel included. The simple fact is with pvp content lacking, pvpers get bored because they dont do much else. Blizzard needs to hang a fat juicy steak on a stick in front of the treadmill, not kale on a stick(meat is good, sorry vegitarians and vegans, kale blows).

By breathing some life into the pvp community and making the game playable and interesting without doing any storyline 0quests, you will be able to allow the pvpers to be with other pvpers and everyone else on the other side. Then just remove warmode and voila, problem solved.Think of Yin and Yang and how equality must be maintained to ensure balance. And if you are here mainly for the story but you want to try pvp thats fine but pvp needs to be able to be fun by itself.

Genius. I think that idea might be a great one. Have two campaigns, one for non-pvp and on for pvp. Then have more stuff out there. Great idea, but I doubt the devs at Blizzard will do it.
Says Alliance are crying, proceeds to cry.

Good post OP.

Faction imbalance isn't the core problem here

Actually, it is the core problem here. If it wasn't then why would Blizz be putting a bandaid on this gaping wound?

Alliance has been hemorrhaging its community for so long, something has to be done. Sorry, you won't get your free 10% xp and rewards anymore.
There should be no incentives at all for turning on warmode. WoW is a PVE game. If people want to do PVP activities they can but there's no need or reason to incentivize it.
Here is an idea, what if we just put all the people that want to do world PVP onto a separate server that only they can play on.
The incentive has worked for me so far. I've been leveling in warmode since yesterday, and the change isn't even live yet. Lmao
11/15/2018 07:45 AMPosted by Khlorós
Here is an idea, what if we just put all the people that want to do world PVP onto a separate server that only they can play on.

You mean, war mode?

11/15/2018 07:43 AMPosted by Stellan
There should be no incentives at all for turning on warmode. WoW is a PVE game. If people want to do PVP activities they can but there's no need or reason to incentivize it.

PvP is a fun break from the PvE point of view. People get bored of PvE all the time, so you just spice it up every now and then. It's not like you get ganked 24/7 in war mode anyway.
Your idea of making people feel "Crippled" for not having warmode on is absolutely ridiculous, People should not be forced to feel "Crippled" because they don't wish to PvP.

That's just simply absurd.
11/15/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Nyaria
Your idea of making people feel "Crippled" for not having warmode on is absolutely ridiculous, People should not be forced to feel "Crippled" because they don't wish to PvP.

That's just simply absurd.

Do you want the incentive, or no? It's there if you want it. If you don't want it, continue as you were.
You should be glad I'm not calling the shots on war mode. You wouldn't even get any incentives at all. You should use war mode because you like to pvp not because of a carrot on a stick.

That's the real problem right there. Remove the incentive and all of the sudden you get people who actually enjoy pvp and use it only for that. When you add an incentive to use it you get pve people using it ONLY for the reward. That's *bad* for everyone.