Blizzard: Never Give In To Children Crying

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6
You mean, war mode?

Nah man, you know like how they have desperate servers for people who want to Role play. What if they did that for people who really want ot do all this warmode stuff, call it, idk a PVP server.
11/15/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Nimoh
11/15/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Nyaria
Your idea of making people feel "Crippled" for not having warmode on is absolutely ridiculous, People should not be forced to feel "Crippled" because they don't wish to PvP.

That's just simply absurd.

Do you want the incentive, or no? It's there if you want it. If you don't want it, continue as you were.

I was commented on the OP's comment that playing outside of warmode should "Feel" like your crippling yourself.

As it currently stands, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything, so I don't have warmode on, because I'm not intrested in PvP.

However the OP wants Warmode (As per his post) to make people feel like they are severely crippling themselves for not having Warmode on.

I don't have a problem with Warmode having it's current incentive, I would however, get quite annoyed if suddenly people are getting huge bonuses to the point where having war mode off feels like your crippling yourself.

People shouldn't feel like their being punished for not wanting to PvP. However, I have no issues if Blizzard wants to try to incentives PvP. Just don't go overboard with it. :\
11/15/2018 07:55 AMPosted by Kwashiorkor
You should be glad I'm not calling the shots on war mode. You wouldn't even get any incentives at all. You should use war mode because you like to pvp not because of a carrot on a stick.

Oh, wow you made my day so much better by not being the shot caller for war modes.... lmao
11/15/2018 07:59 AMPosted by Nyaria
People shouldn't feel like their being punished for not wanting to PvP. However, I have no issues if Blizzard wants to try to incentives PvP. Just don't go overboard with it. :\

It's not a punishment if it's just normal gameplay.

11/15/2018 07:57 AMPosted by Khlorós
You mean, war mode?

Nah man, you know like how they have desperate servers for people who want to Role play. What if they did that for people who really want ot do all this warmode stuff, call it, idk a PVP server.

Didn't they take those away and replace it with war mode?
11/14/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Empowerments
Ultimately what a fix like this is going to do is going to result in dramatic power swings as each faction turns it on and off each week as risk and rewards change. To have a real impact on participation in War Mode we need to see some core shifts like bounties being unable to use flight paths, greatly increased honor rewards (making actual world PvP a viable grinding strategy), and a greater incentive than just a 10% bonus.
The whole problems with your entire post is that you assume players will use the incentive for WM.

30% or the 10% was never a good enough incentive for non-pvp players to turn it on to start with.

Either can totally be made up in less time with WM turned off. So why would non-pvp players worry about turning on WM while leveling? This is really what Blizzard is hoping for. They want more non-pvp players to turn it on and hopes the cheesy incentive will bring them in.

Also-- How does this entice the plethora of lvl 120's Alliance players? News flash, it doesn't.

The XP incentive should be completely removed from WM and more PvP rewarding incentives added.
I think all this talk about rewards misses the point of War Mode.

War Mode should never be viewed as a system to make greater rewards. Instead, it should be viewed as a way to opt into World PvP.

Do you enjoy the thrill of World PvP? Turn War Mode on. Do you dislike being killed by the opposite faction while questing? Turn War Mode off.

The reward system was never created to entice players to turn War Mode on (except in the case of this announcement you all have been talking about, where the losing faction is given greater rewards to encourage faction balance). Instead, the system is meant to allow players who have opted into World PvP to gain rewards at the same rate as those with it off. Essentially, it's a way to refund you for the inconvenience of being killed more often.

Those who are turning War Mode on for rewards -- and rewards only -- are setting themselves up for failure. The reward is the PvP itself. To approach it any differently is to frustrate yourself for no reason.

I think I'm gonna go slay some Horde now. You put the bug in me. ...
You mean, war mode?

How about we have a RP server and you get 10% for turning RP on. If you break character, a mod makes locks you out of playing for say 5 minutes or more.

I mean we need to encourage RP as much as we need to encourage PvP, am I right?
You mean, war mode?

Yes, yes they did, and it was a dumb idea. They should have just left it like it was, and given free transfers off of those servers.
11/15/2018 08:07 AMPosted by Khlorós
You mean, war mode?

Yes, yes they did, and it was a dumb idea. They should have just left it like it was, and given free transfers off of those servers.

They decided to replace servers with a toggle mode so any server could be a pvp server for the player without having to commit to a lifetime of pvp, or pve. It was a good move, people just like to complain.
11/15/2018 08:07 AMPosted by Khlorós

They decided to replace servers with a toggle mode so any server could be a pvp server for the player without having to commit to a lifetime of pvp, or pve. It was a good move, people just like to complain.

I would disagree, simply because we have never seen this much come out about pvp until warmode. To be honest they should have just not had a reward system for being in war mode, and tied pvp talents to them.
11/15/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Zeraveth
Also-- How does this entice the plethora of lvl 120's Alliance players? News flash, it doesn't.

Did you really think they are targeting 120s for war mode, if the incentive is to give you more exp rewards?