To all of you who keep talking $$$

Classic Discussion
Please do explain why a company should waste money to appease you ?

I commonly see things like

"zomg blikky made 12 bazillion dollars last financial year"

"haii why so cheap daddy blizz, please release 500 low pop servers on release , so you can spend the next year wasting money and resources "

Grow up.

Thanks.
If Blizzard "wasted" money to appease me, they could easily have a nearly guaranteed $180, maybe even $360, a year for a decade or longer. (One or two accounts, paid as a completely separate subscription, from someone whose only purchases in more than two years have been a charity pet they got no money from and a BlizzCon Virtual Ticket for appeasing me with a demo.)

It's cash they won't see otherwise, and if they go too far in the wrong direction, they even lose an MAU permanently, no chance of any recovery.

Yes, just one person's impact. Meaningless on its own. But as over a million people demonstrated in WoD, enough individuals acting similarly can add up.
11/14/2018 07:58 PMPosted by Azerothian
Please do explain why a company should waste money to appease you?

Exactly what part of creating a product do you expect shouldn't cost a company money?

"haii why so cheap daddy blizz, please release 500 low pop servers on release , so you can spend the next year wasting money and resources "

Grow up.

Thanks.

-10/10 Not even trying
This thread, not really surprisingly, seems to be mashing together everyone the OP disagrees with and then complaining about an unrecognizable caricature.

Grow up.

Thanks.

Companies spend money to make even more money.

Most people are willing to pay more for a quality product with the features they want than they are for an inferior product lacking some or all of those features. Opportunity for increased profits can be found that way.

Blizzard can go cheap for the short term but it will cost them in the long run.
11/14/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Joynal

Grow up.

Thanks.

Most people are willing to pay more for a quality product with the features they want than they are for an inferior product lacking some or all of those features. Opportunity for increased profits can be found that way.

But will it ?

Classic is free, if you already sub.

Blizzard is just not as delusional as posters here, ive seen people try and say there are tens of millions of players waiting for classic, reality check time.

You cant lose what you dont have.

If they get an extra 100k subs from classic thats an extra 1.5m a month.

If you dont like classic , dont play it.

Blizz isnt losing anything :)
11/14/2018 08:12 PMPosted by Aranhod
Please do explain why a company should waste money to appease you?

Exactly what part of creating a product do you expect shouldn't cost a company money?

Sorry cupcake.

There is a stark difference between spending money to develop and publish a game vs releasing hundreds of low pop cap servers that you know will have to be merged and closed down the line.

You cant even try and argue that is a good buisness plan.
11/14/2018 08:59 PMPosted by Azerothian
11/14/2018 08:12 PMPosted by Aranhod

Sorry cupcake.

There is a stark difference between spending money to develop and publish a game vs releasing hundreds of low pop cap servers that you know will have to be merged and closed down the line.

Fun fact, it doesn't cost anything to do anything. A person if they so wished, could get all the materials to do something, then build it themselves. Only reason money is even a thing is to give people the satisfaction of the work they did and to keep them working.
11/14/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Azerothian
11/14/2018 08:29 PMPosted by Joynal

But will it ?

Blizzard is just not as delusional as posters here, ive seen people try and say there are tens of millions of players waiting for classic, reality check time.

You cant lose what you dont have.

If they get an extra 100k subs from classic thats an extra 1.5m a month.

If you dont like classic , dont play it.

Blizz isnt losing anything :)

Except they did have it once upon a time.

Then they lost it.

This is their chance to get it back.

They aren't going to get it back with the way they're going.
11/14/2018 09:59 PMPosted by Cybertilded
I'd rather have a box price on Vanilla.

Which would have zero effect on anything, still had dead servers in Vanilla.

Yeah, I don't think a significant portion of the people waiting for classic give even the slightest care for modern wow.
You couldn't get me to play it even if it was free.

Grow up.

Thanks.

Well said, These guys are idiots.
11/14/2018 10:02 PMPosted by Studmuffyn

There was no dead servers in vanilla. Blizzard had to stop selling copies of the game in vanilla. More than once.
Oh, Azerothian is still here I see.

The good and dummy customer that every company like! Good job
11/14/2018 10:47 PMPosted by Plewtoe

There was no dead servers in vanilla. Blizzard had to stop selling copies of the game in vanilla. More than once.

lol ok, talk to Cho gall, and they only stopped selling in the beginning because they did not have all their servers up.
11/14/2018 08:59 PMPosted by Azerothian
Sorry cupcake.

Perhaps they should not have promised to create Classic then, if they knew from the start that it was going to be nothing more than a cheap cardboard cutout. Sorry but Blizzard isn't entitled to their fans' wallets if they're unwilling to invest in a decent game.

If anything, this entire issue has simply confirmed for me that Blizzard is no longer anything remotely resembling the company I once loved, and they have zero intention of ever being that company again. For that at least, I'm grateful, even if they did everything in their power to avoid actually saying it clearly.

The only dead servers I can remember are the few that came out late in Vanilla around AQ, but eventually bloated into high pop realms. I also remember blizzard needing more servers at the end of Vanilla again and even during the burning crusade.