Raider needs to go and M+ to be re-imagined

General Discussion
Just looking at the groups out there makes me sad.

M4 raider 1K+ required.
M5 360 iLVL required... you get less than this from the dungeon.
380+ required.
1.4K raider big dicks only... for an M8.

That is just what I have noticed in the past 5 minutes.

Like I get it, you want the best chance at winning, but what about even starting the dungeon?

I looked at the above and just skipped over them, especially for the M+ level they wanted the requirements to it would be almost impossible to find players willing to join.

It is Teeming and Fortified week, and maybe just to finish the dungeon the average person needs someone with a higher iLVL than the dungeon drops, so maybe Blizzard needs to look into why this is.

Last week was such an easy week, you could run 3-4 dungeons higher than the iLVL drop, this week it seems to be backwards.
This week, just get a 10 done and walk away. Here's a hint, you most likely won't time it. It's that bad this week.
What requirements did you use when you put your own key up in group finder?

You might want to think about relaxing them if no one joined your group.

If you’re worried about what other people are doing with THEIR keys and THEIR groups well ... it doesn’t really concern you and isn’t stopping you from running your own key.
How terrible that people require what they want in order to be invited to their OWN group to do THEIR OWN KEY.
Make your own groups.
11/15/2018 06:34 AMPosted by Owie
How terrible that people require what they want in order to be invited to their OWN group to do THEIR OWN KEY

Pretty much summed up the counter to this thread with one stroke. If you don't like their rules, make your own group. Then you can fail to your heart's content.
I put dont rage and stay cool, at least my friends do that and i am apart of that so. We would like to time it, but if you are just a chill person and make some mistakes its whatever. We want a good time first, timing the key is nice but is a distant second as playing with ragers only makes WoW feel worse.

The IO requirements are somewhat insane for some groups, but I just deal with it now or make my own, and its usually making my own.
last week on my alt druid i was able to easily 2-3 chest a +5 dungeon with a group of people geared for that ilvl drop, this week i am lucky if i can 1 chest it with a group that outgears it, and that's without the 3rd and 4th affix.
11/15/2018 06:32 AMPosted by Brissandy
What requirements did you use when you put your own key up in group finder?

You might want to think about relaxing them if no one joined your group.

If you’re worried about what other people are doing with THEIR keys and THEIR groups well ... it doesn’t really concern you and isn’t stopping you from running your own key.

I haven't put my key up yet, +9 something or other, waiting for weekend after guild raids so I can see if we can get a group that won't disband first.
11/15/2018 06:34 AMPosted by Owie
How terrible that people require what they want in order to be invited to their OWN group to do THEIR OWN KEY.

Good for them, but would YOU join a group that drops stuff 4-5 iLVL's lower than what someone is asking? Actually asking, not just putting their key up for offer.

I joined a +5 just now, I sit at 375.2 iLVL, why? Because this guy did not ask for something you would not find at that level so I decided to heal for them.

My point I am trying to make, that some of you seem to COMPLETELY miss, it is not the "Oh no these guys won't invite me, they are asking for too much", but they are asking for something they should not be, why?

Just now the +5 I joined, 3 of us were well higher than what the place drops, we made it with 1 minute to spare. Last week I helped a guildie an hour before weekly reset to get a +10, the guy sits at 350 iLVL, we passed well within time.

SAME DUNGEON.

Why is it that we have to run groups some weeks in a dungeon that no one needs? Why is one week that much easier than another? Why do Blizzard release this stuff when it is obviously unbalanced?
What's M+?
11/15/2018 06:18 AMPosted by Tinybitty
Just looking at the groups out there makes me sad.

M4 raider 1K+ required.
M5 360 iLVL required... you get less than this from the dungeon.
380+ required.
1.4K raider big dicks only... for an M8.

That is just what I have noticed in the past 5 minutes.

Like I get it, you want the best chance at winning, but what about even starting the dungeon?

I looked at the above and just skipped over them, especially for the M+ level they wanted the requirements to it would be almost impossible to find players willing to join.

It is Teeming and Fortified week, and maybe just to finish the dungeon the average person needs someone with a higher iLVL than the dungeon drops, so maybe Blizzard needs to look into why this is.

Last week was such an easy week, you could run 3-4 dungeons higher than the iLVL drop, this week it seems to be backwards.

The kicker is, if they did somehow get rid of Raider.IO, there would still be some metric folks would be measured against to see if they "qualified" to run the key. Complain all you want, THERE ALWAYS WILL BE some way for players to measure your skill and abilities and experience in content.

As for the other, Affixes are designed to give varying degrees of difficulty. Some weeks it is hard. Others it is easy. Here's a tip though. On the weeks that tanks and healers have to carry the load, it's amazing how much easier keys seem to be, no? Compared to having to depend on the DPS to crush an orb. "But my dps meters!" *rolls eyes*
11/15/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Tinybitty
Just now the +5 I joined, 3 of us were well higher than what the place drops, we made it with 1 minute to spare. Last week I helped a guildie an hour before weekly reset to get a +10, the guy sits at 350 iLVL, we passed well within time.

Because the gear can never surpass Mythic raiding. What would be the incentive for raiders if you can get equivalent or even better gear than the hardest content offered in the game? Yeah, your block point is the mythic raid scene and logically, that makes sense.
11/15/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Chaosnachos
11/15/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Tinybitty

Because the gear can never surpass Mythic raiding. What would be the incentive for raiders if you can get equivalent or even better gear than the hardest content offered in the game? Yeah, your block point is the mythic raid scene and logically, that makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is this week we need to run in dungeons at a lower iLVL than what we are.

Forget Mythic raiding, we have players actively seeking players who are a higher iLVL than the dungeon they are offering.

An M5 asking for 360 iLVL, which drops 355 gear. I can run Heroic Uldir any week I want at 350+ iLVL and finish the place with 370 gear drops on all 8 bosses.
Teeming+Fortified+Explosive = evil

The one Underrot+7 I did sucked bad. People also get really frustrated with Teeming+Fortified because it makes you feel like you are in two month-old gear all of a sudden and everyone sucks. Tank got blamed (as usual) even though dps couldn't kill anything and constantly let explosives get off and they kept not really understanding how mass stealth works while the rogue kept trying to skip and then we had to do 5x as many mobs at the end...

This week I would have just skipped if I didn' t miss last week due to vacation. Note that on the first week of BfA they had Teeming+Fortified and I think they crushed the spirit of a lot of people. I just checked and 18 of the 20 mythic+ players in my guild haven't logged in a month... Only 2 of us still play and I run one +7 a week and call it done as I now only play for the weekly chest since drops in dungeon just don't happen. It's never been that bad before.

That being said, my raider.io score seems to be accurate - you know what you are getting when you invite me in. I do +7s and it shows. I don't want in groups demanding 1000 raider.io, because it will just be a bad time. I've tried it, it's ugly and it shows that raider.io is actually pretty useful.