Extremely Broken OP trait! Needs a NERF!

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
When is Steady Aim getting nerfed? currently its the strongest trait by far even out performing Archive of the titans X10.

Currently this trait is the only thing making marksman dmg even close to viable but the its also making the spec into a TWO button spec. If you don't believe me go look at logs of the highest parsing MM hunters Pressing TWO buttons. Steady shotx5 Aim shot over and over.

You need to nerf this Trait so you can then FIx MM its a broken spec. You said you were going to look over all traits and balance them. this is the biggest over performing trait in the game.
Shh..
Its the only thing keeping us alive right now. If they nerf it then we actually have nothing.
10/11/2018 09:25 PMPosted by Jamßì
Shh..
Its the only thing keeping us alive right now. If they nerf it then we actually have nothing.

Then they will actually have to fix the spec.. For as long as the trait stays broken MM is going to be a Two button Meme spec. I'd rather things get worse for MM so they actually have to fix it.
10/11/2018 09:30 PMPosted by Shaytime
10/11/2018 09:25 PMPosted by Jamßì
Shh..

Then they will actually have to fix the spec.. For as long as the trait stays broken MM is going to be a Two button Meme spec. I'd rather things get worse for MM so they actually have to fix it.

What is they fix the trait and don't fix the spec? Ever thought of that? I mean it's been how long since they even touched MM? Not one buff. Not one change. You really think they're going to try to fix that anytime soon? Think man. THINK!
Rip the bandaid off I say. Since the last buff to rapid fire traits I retired an aoe spec in raid and it just did not hold up.

This azerite trait fits the profile of everything blizzard said that they use to identify problems.

Also marksman parses on average dead last because even when there is a fight where we get single target fights with constantly resetting murder of crows we barely parse halfway up the charts and lose to aoe specs.
10/11/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Deacar
<span class="truncated">...</span>

What is they fix the trait and don't fix the spec? Ever thought of that? I mean it's been how long since they even touched MM? Not one buff. Not one change. You really think they're going to try to fix that anytime soon? Think man. THINK!

it's a bandaid at best thats ruining the game for me. I dont wanna press 2 buttons over and over. i want a fully designed spec.
Then they will actually have to fix the spec..

No, they'll simply nerf the trait and move on. MM need way to much work for it to be fixed until next xpac when they rework everything. At best the spec can hope for +% damage boosts that won't change the fact that it's a clunky, outdated design and not very fun to play.

10/11/2018 09:35 PMPosted by Shaytime
it's a bandaid at best thats ruining the game for me. I dont wanna press 2 buttons over and over. i want a fully designed spec.

Ikr. Or at least add another spec to the game so the entire population isn't forced to play MM hunters and absolutely no other class or spec. Imagine if this game had crazy amounts of options so you weren't forced to play a spec you didn't like and could just find one you did enjoy. That would be pretty dang wild!
Then they will actually have to fix the spec..

No, they'll simply nerf the trait and move on. MM need way to much work for it to be fixed until next xpac when they rework everything. At best the spec can hope for +% damage boosts that won't change the fact that it's a clunky, outdated design and not very fun to play.

If we were going to get a % dmg buff if would have been done a long time ago.

The spec is quite fun to play without this trait warping the rotation but your giving up about 2-4k dps.
The whole spec needs a rework.
Nerfing the trait will just make things even worse and prompt a knee-jerk +% dmg that wont fix a dam thing.
Without the trait warping the rotation it is quite enjoyable for me at least.
The quickest fix would be to nerf the trait into oblivion and buff all other abilities so they're worth using. Knowing blizzard, they'll just do the nerf and leave the spec alone.
10/11/2018 09:45 PMPosted by Jamßì
Nerfing the trait will just make things even worse and prompt a knee-jerk +% dmg that wont fix a dam thing.

they will never fix it if it doesnt get nerfd. Only way it will get fixed is if it gets nerfd then they see how horrible it is and will have to fix it.
10/11/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Kajeron
Without the trait warping the rotation it is quite enjoyable for me at least.

Its much more than just the trait though, its the lethal shots fishing and spending 99% of the fight at focus cap (and that not being a problem).

It's easy to see the rotation that they were going for, the one where we actually manage focus and weave shots around. But like you said previously.. huge dps loss =(
10/11/2018 09:51 PMPosted by Shaytime
10/11/2018 09:45 PMPosted by Jamßì

they will never fix it if it doesnt get nerfd. Only way it will get fixed is if it gets nerfd then they see how horrible it is and will have to fix it.
except its horrible with the trait lol, its literally the only trait keeping mm even worth bringing to a mythic raid, and its more than button spec you have to arcaneshot aswell or you lose out on dps, as i see you have 0 parses as marksman and im a top legendary parser as marksman, i can tell you the spec needs more than just steady shot aimedshot to be doing damage optimally.
Lethal shots is also a problem. It makes crit gear worthless. Again something they addressed for arms warriors and mastey.
so many issues that need to be addressed and never will if it stays hidden under broken traits.
10/11/2018 09:57 PMPosted by Tassili

except its horrible with the trait lol, its literally the only trait keeping mm even worth bringing to a mythic raid, and its more than button spec you have to arcaneshot aswell or you lose out on dps, as i see you have 0 parses as marksman and im a top legendary parser as marksman, i can tell you the spec needs more than just steady shot aimedshot to be doing damage optimally.

The dps from using the arcane shot procs (or not) isn't actually that clear cut.. some top parses have arcanes thrown in, others do not.. personally I only use them when i've got LS and no AiS charge to use. I haven't noticed much dps difference between using and not using them.

lies ive seen mythic cutting edge parses of not using arcane shot.

just pressing wait for it... TWO buttons.
10/11/2018 10:13 PMPosted by Shaytime
... except its horrible with the trait lol, its literally the only trait keeping mm even worth bringing to a mythic raid, and its more than button spec you have to arcaneshot aswell or you lose out on dps, as i see you have 0 parses as marksman and im a top legendary parser as marksman, i can tell you the spec needs more than just steady shot aimedshot to be doing damage optimally.

lies ive seen mythic cutting edge parses of not using arcane shot.

just pressing wait for it... TWO buttons.
i mean i guess you could, but thats any spec, every class has been so pruned that you be lucky to have more than 4 abilities you use in a dps rotation. and the main reason isnt steady aim, its because rapidfire is absolute dog!@#$, 20 sec Cd that does like 4k more damage than a non steadyaim buffed aimedshot an takes 2.5 second channel to do. lethal shots also needs some work to be less rng. rather see it changed to after 4 steadyshots your next aimedshot/rapidfire will crit and change CA to 75% damage 100% of the time and not 50% of the time. remove some of the rng from our kit and it will be a pretty decent spec.