Extremely Broken OP trait! Needs a NERF!

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
10/11/2018 09:30 PMPosted by Shaytime
10/11/2018 09:25 PMPosted by Jamßì
Shh..
Its the only thing keeping us alive right now. If they nerf it then we actually have nothing.

Then they will actually have to fix the spec.. For as long as the trait stays broken MM is going to be a Two button Meme spec. I'd rather things get worse for MM so they actually have to fix it.

What spec have they fixed? They just did some small buffs that didn't seem to make anyone happy so far in BFA.
10/11/2018 09:30 PMPosted by Shaytime
10/11/2018 09:25 PMPosted by Jamßì
Shh..
Its the only thing keeping us alive right now. If they nerf it then we actually have nothing.

Then they will actually have to fix the spec.. For as long as the trait stays broken MM is going to be a Two button Meme spec. I'd rather things get worse for MM so they actually have to fix it.

Good luck with that...
You're basically asking for them to remove your spec until the end of BfA.

If you dont like it, dont use it.
Might end up getting kicked for doing tank-level dps tho :)
10/12/2018 01:13 AMPosted by Aeromare
You're basically asking for them to remove your spec until the end of BfA.

If you dont like it, dont use it.
Might end up getting kicked for doing tank-level dps tho :)

Sure because currently its not a spec. They should remove it untill they fix it.
10/11/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Deacar
What is they fix the trait and don't fix the spec? Ever thought of that? I mean it's been how long since they even touched MM? Not one buff. Not one change. You really think they're going to try to fix that anytime soon? Think man. THINK!

I find it telling - and more than a bit worrying - that our default mode is “Blizzard is going to screw it up...again.” But I feel OP is looking at a symptom of the problem, rather than the problem itself.

The problem is that, not only is MM’s design not that good, but compared to the ease, utility, and sheer numbers that a brain dead spec like BM can rack up, MM’s performance is severely lacking, considering its relative complexity and RNG. Steady Aim is like a broken crutch that makes MM somewhat bearable.

Me, all I want (for now) is for Steady Aim to be a buff rather than a debuff.
Don't worry, there's a good chance Sharpshooter is going to replace SA in 8.1.

Blizzard has a hard time designing a good archer spec, idk why.
10/12/2018 06:33 AMPosted by Kabbie
10/11/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Deacar
What is they fix the trait and don't fix the spec? Ever thought of that? I mean it's been how long since they even touched MM? Not one buff. Not one change. You really think they're going to try to fix that anytime soon? Think man. THINK!

I find it telling - and more than a bit worrying - that our default mode is “Blizzard is going to screw it up...again.” But I feel OP is looking at a symptom of the problem, rather than the problem itself.

The problem is that, not only is MM’s design not that good, but compared to the ease, utility, and sheer numbers that a brain dead spec like BM can rack up, MM’s performance is severely lacking, considering its relative complexity and RNG. Steady Aim is like a broken crutch that makes MM somewhat bearable.

Me, all I want (for now) is for Steady Aim to be a buff rather than a debuff.
Steady aim being a buff would be a godsend for marksman pvp, and prob super broken lol, imagine building 5 stacks on healer popping trueshot and wings into a hoj and straight up crit the guy who is 100% for 70k+ from aimedshot if you get a CA proc. if steady aim was a buff instead of a debuff, marks would be pretty damn broken, the ammount of on demand burst you get from this would be complained about more than bm lol, it would also be good in pve as you wouldnt lose dps off your aimedshot in dungeons when the target you spent all the time building stacks on died, would help in raids when priorty targets need to be bursted down, honestly this fix would prob be one of the best ways to fix marksman and make it atleast playable.
Problem is the spec is completely broken without it. Not only is the damage bad, but baseline MM you have to cast too many long Aimed Shots which becomes too undesireable in raids these days compared to BM which can just easily avoid every mechanic while doing full dps. Also losing steady focus doesn't feel good if that talent becomes less desireable without Steady Aim.

AoE is god awful, requires talents to do just decent AoE (one of which is clunky/buggy as hell), which then completely nerfs your single target into the ground cause blizz put AoE on the same rows as ST for some reason despite fixing this stupid choice for most specs.

On top of that it has far less utility, losing spirit beast, no single target stun, no aspect of the beast, bursting shot is a total joke for a spec encouraged to stand at max range etc.

MM needs a whole rework before you can nerf the trait, not just number tuning. MM already bottom of the logs for mythic/heroic raids AND mythic+, any nerf would be the final nail in the coffin. Steady Aim is a necessary evil atm, till Blizz fixes this broken spec, which given the complete lack of communication and PTR notes, probably isn't happening anytime soon. Pretty sure that's the only reason it hasn't been nerfed, cause blizz doesn't feel like fixing the spec yet and they know it will be doing nearly tank level dps without Steady Aim.
I am not a theorycrafter but I asked myself why Blizzard never nerfed steady aim trait...

Maybe the steady aim trait itself, in a vacuum, is not an issue. In my opinion, the biggest issue MM hunter has now is the current iteration of Lethal Shot talent.

It encourages steady shot spam, which increases the value of steady focus, which led to making the steady aim trait an obvious go to trait by a mile long.

If there is zero talent that promotes steady shot spam, steady aim trait is probably just another ordinary trait.

The solution is not to nerf the steady aim trait but to get rid of any talents that highly encourages steady shot spam.
10/12/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Shadøw

Thing is, they've already made a good archer spec. MoP MM was excellent. I also hear good things about Cata MM, but I skipped most of that xpac. Post-prune, WoD MM was still pretty enjoyable.

They have the formula, but they're just going to press on with the current, terrible iteration of MM to avoid bruising their egos.
Changes need to happen. As much as I miss some of the past abilities, I am not going to enjoy playing with the same abilities same rotation for 3 expansions in a row.... Would you?

Rotation wise (minus steady shot spam), I enjoy BfA MM hunter more than Legion's and more than WoD's. The biggest issue right now is Lethal Shot talent. It's throwing a lot of things off.
In their defense very few rpg's have compelling archer specs. At least I have hanzo.
10/12/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Kajeron
In their defense very few rpg's have compelling archer specs.

WOW had one, and they threw it under a bus. I hate to be the one to say I missed the ranged SV spec, but I miss the ranged SV spec.
theirs no argument to be made here people. They came out said they were going to Tune traits but left Steady aim as being the most powerfully broken trait in the game. no trait should be stronger than 10x archive that takes weeks to build up.

They need to bring this trait in with other traits so that they can then buff the entire MM tool kit so we can have a full rotation again.
10/12/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Shaytime
theirs no argument to be made here people. They came out said they were going to Tune traits but left Steady aim as being the most powerfully broken trait in the game. no trait should be stronger than 10x archive that takes weeks to build up. They need to bring this trait in with other traits so that they can then buff the entire MM tool kit so we can have a full rotation again.

Did you even try to read my explanation on why possibly Blizz didn't nerf Steady Aim Trait?

Besides, for some reasons, I have a feeling MM hunter is going to get some changes in 8.1 that address some of the playstyle issues MM hunter is currently experiencing.
10/12/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Airese
10/12/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Shaytime
theirs no argument to be made here people. They came out said they were going to Tune traits but left Steady aim as being the most powerfully broken trait in the game. no trait should be stronger than 10x archive that takes weeks to build up. They need to bring this trait in with other traits so that they can then buff the entire MM tool kit so we can have a full rotation again.

Did you even try to read my explanation on why possibly Blizz didn't nerf Steady Aim Trait?

Besides, for some reasons, I have a feeling MM hunter is going to get some changes in 8.1 that address some of the playstyle issues MM hunter is currently experiencing.

Except that marks has never even been addressed in any way. If it's getting addressed in 8.1 I will be surprised.
Half the Boomkin traits are setup so if they were on par with the other traits, they cause the class mechanics to just break.

Adding an additional ring and making comboing certain traits more reliable is going to make things worse.
10/12/2018 08:29 AMPosted by Signey
10/12/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Shadøw

Thing is, they've already made a good archer spec. MoP MM was excellent. I also hear good things about Cata MM, but I skipped most of that xpac. Post-prune, WoD MM was still pretty enjoyable.

They have the formula, but they're just going to press on with the current, terrible iteration of MM to avoid bruising their egos.
I misstated that, my fault. You are right though, they just !@#$ed up the archer spec 'til Legion came. Everything before that was perfect.
Mm use to be a very very popular spec to play and was so much fun. Now we have this abomination. Literally just redesign mm to be like it’s past self and people would be happy. But the Dev working on mm has too big of an ego and ignored all feedback. Look where that’s got us.
Bump need a blue response