Is demo any good for PvE

Warlock
Hey guys I was wondering if Demo is any good in PvE, I only really PvP and was wondering if demo is viable at all in PvE.
Yes very viable

In raid its AoE is super strong for hectic add cleave like Mythic Zekvoz

In dungeons its AoE is very strong and its sustained ST damage is also very strong

Top tier spec? Maybe not

Good and viable spec? Yes
Were fine, and if bliz lives up to the reduction in affliction single target and increase to cleave, we should be the better single target warlock available
After the most recent rounds of buffs it's fine, still far from the "best" spec but it's definitely at least viable on every mythic boss
What traits should I run for Demo in Mythic+ ?
10/12/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Smidget
What traits should I run for Demo in Mythic+ ?

Demonic Meteor is extremely good for M+, other than that the standard Archive/Supreme Commander traits are solid choices
When these people use the phrase extreamly good and strong remember they are lying to you

If you're ok with just being viable demo is for you

if you want to be competitve then i would suggest affliction if you wish to stay lock

if not lock then any rogue frost mage balance druid are the dps you would be looking for
For aoe fights demo is pretty decent, I'm starting to switch from affi to demo for those ones and doing more damage. But for single target fights affi is still better then demo by a lot.
Demo has way better burst aoe than affliction and the st is more or less the same. Only problem is your st damage really sinks when movement is involved and aff doesn't have that problem so it tends to be the go-to spec for that reason.

In mythic+ on fortified weeks, demo is certainly better but the lack of an interrupt from not running felhunter is the only issue. You can bring out the felhunter but then you lose on out damage from not having the felguard.

Just a question of where you want your damage to be, big aoe and ok st, go demo. Big st and ok aoe, go aff.
Demo isn't terrible. If you like the spec and are willing to work around its shortcomings, you can bring it to raids and do fine.
Yeah im really not having any issues with it in dungeons or raids.

Actually doing better numbers with demo than destro for me personally. But i think thats becuz of my lack of haste.
Demo is great for m+ and raids right now, especially if you have a solid amount of haste and your azerite traits are good. The ST burst once you have vilefiend, dreadstalkers, and tyrant out is realllllly good
Warlock forums three weeks ago: the whole class is broken! Demo is useless! Will never see play ever!! The rotation and spells are completely broken and clunky!!

Sane people then: just needs some tuning, the class and demo spec are totally fine.

Blizz: 10-15% buff.

Warlock forums now " demo is great and was always fine, we knew that all along duh"
Demo is actually a really really good. The issue is that it has a very very high skill cap compaired to the other lock specs. Your timing has to be spot on with Demo. The proper opener is at prepot at 6 sec, start casting DB (demonbolt) at 5 sec, cast Hand, cast Vilefiend, cast 3 Shadowbolts, cast Dreadstalkers, cast hand, cast Tyrant. Once your first DB goes off, you have 15 sec to finish the opener because of how Tyrant works. Once you get your timing down, you will top meters.
10/13/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Reckoner
Warlock forums three weeks ago: the whole class is broken! Demo is useless! Will never see play ever!! The rotation and spells are completely broken and clunky!!

Sane people then: just needs some tuning, the class and demo spec are totally fine.

Blizz: 10-15% buff.

Warlock forums now " demo is great and was always fine, we knew that all along duh"

Well by now the majority of the FOTM Warlock rerollers and doomsayers should be gone (hopefully) so people like me who actually rolled Warlock because we LIKED IT are sitting pretty with our nice new buffs
I’ve been consistent in my opinion that demo has been decent over all and very competitive post buffs. I disagree that the skill cap is much higher than the other specs BUT it is quite a different play style so the learning curve can take a little longer. You can check my logs, I’ve been raiding exclusively as demo for Uldir to date :)

Also stream Tuesday’s-Thursday’s 6-9pm pst for anyone who wants to check out demo play