way more horde then alliance

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
10/18/2018 07:22 AMPosted by Fahrenheit
10/18/2018 07:10 AMPosted by Fixiu
it's a difference of like 200, 000.

It's not just about the raw numbers though, it's about trend lines and how they manifest in real world scenarios. Just a couple years ago Alliance outnumbered the Horde, albeit by a very small percentage. In just 2-3 years we've had what is essentially a 12 point swing in max level characters on the factions. From 51-49 in favor of Alliance to 55-45 in favor of Horde, I'd argue that's substantial, and presumably unprecedented.

i think that was what it was, only in reverse at the end of vanilla. it was 55 alliance, 45 horde. then belfs and draenei and it went to nearly even and stayed that way till cataclysm. where horde started rising and alliance dipped down, then rose back up due to emfh during wod but that was quickly nerfed and the alliance creep downwards continued.
Idk our guild went horde for pvp and pve. We filled our roster Faster. So I’m glad I switched also! Hordemode is nice :D!
10/18/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Fixiu
10/17/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Kabbie
but when Horde guilds are fighting to make the first 100 to beat M Uldir and the Alliance can’t even pony up twenty Mythic guilds, that tells me all I need to know.

thats because the remaining alliance mythic guilds moved to horde at the end of legion for belf and goblin racial advantages on mythic boss fights. i watched it happening on a statistics site that keeps track of that kind of thing. and now that they're there, they dont have a reason to move back to alliance, cause alliance racials are pretty much unremarkable for m+ fights. not to mention, it's expensive. and this has been going on slowly but surely, since cataclysm. a slow leak till it became a flood. tipping point reached and even casual guilds started transferring. pvp'ers. arena masters. it's bad.
As you said, it's expensive to do so if they suddenly made Alliance racials OP, the move of guilds from Horde to Alliance would be at a more steady rate so that they can monitor the players moving. For some reason, people think or are claiming that if Blizzard did this, everybody would switch right away.

But currently, any new players who joins the Alliance side not knowing the issue will believe they've logged into a dead game. That cannot possibly be good for the game.
Way more horde THAN* alliance
10/18/2018 07:36 AMPosted by Fixiu
10/18/2018 07:22 AMPosted by Fahrenheit

It's not just about the raw numbers though, it's about trend lines and how they manifest in real world scenarios. Just a couple years ago Alliance outnumbered the Horde, albeit by a very small percentage. In just 2-3 years we've had what is essentially a 12 point swing in max level characters on the factions. From 51-49 in favor of Alliance to 55-45 in favor of Horde, I'd argue that's substantial, and presumably unprecedented.

i think that was what it was, only in reverse at the end of vanilla. it was 55 alliance, 45 horde. then belfs and draenei and it went to nearly even and stayed that way till cataclysm. where horde started rising and alliance dipped down, then rose back up due to emfh during wod but that was quickly nerfed and the alliance creep downwards continued.
It spiked heavily into Horde's favor during MoP. It's also when a lot of big name guilds moved to Horde.
10/16/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Lempi
isnt blizzard going to do something? this xpac is trash way more horde then alliance, alliance sucks alot more at pvp, getting sick of how boring this game has gotten this xpac

Sounds like a you problem there OP.

If you're bored go somewhere else. Start up an exercise regimen get ripped like the wow player that plays superman. Something ,anything.
10/18/2018 07:40 AMPosted by Alacialuun
It spiked heavily into Horde's favor during MoP. It's also when a lot of big name guilds moved to Horde.

why the big mop increase? what fights needed what racials?
10/18/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Fixiu
10/18/2018 07:40 AMPosted by Alacialuun

Not 100% sure but I seem to recall Trolls and Orcs were out DPSing everyone else.

But, yeah. Racials are pretty flat now, but the damage has already been done and not many (at least not to make an appreciable difference) are going to switch back to Alliance just to have a better shot at Hall of Fame raid achievements.

They left one side with slightly better racials for long enough that a slow but steady feedback loop kicked off. It started at the top, and has continually moved down through the player caliber ranks. That's why we have such outrageous disparity in Mythic raids and top PvP. Not because of some intrinsic ability to your general Horde or Alliance player, it's just the the Horde has slow but steady siphoned off the best Alliance players over the past several years while losing none of their own to the Alliance.
10/18/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Fahrenheit
10/18/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Fixiu

Not 100% sure but I seem to recall Trolls and Orcs were out DPSing everyone else.

But, yeah. Racials are pretty flat now, but the damage has already been done and not many (at least not to make an appreciable difference) are going to switch back to Alliance just to have a better shot at Hall of Fame raid achievements.

They left one side with slightly better racials for long enough that a slow but steady feedback loop kicked off. It started at the top, and has continually moved down through the player caliber ranks. That's why we have such outrageous disparity in Mythic raids and top PvP. Not because of some intrinsic ability to your general Horde or Alliance player, it's just the the Horde has slow but steady siphoned off the best Alliance players over the past several years while losing none of their own to the Alliance.
MoP had a lot of raid bosses that were of beast type while trolls had 5% increased damage against. So a lot of kill shots you'd see half the raid is trolls.
BG feel fine, rbgs are another story but that's not an ally vs horde issue.
War mode depending where you shard is yes unbalanced but if you shared right you can be part of the ally fighting back with uneven numbers. My druid did the 1000 honor in one night in storm song because I found a good group to shard with.

There is a slight issue in what we see in the world but you can't force those to go war mode.
10/18/2018 08:11 AMPosted by Fahrenheit

i have quite a few blood elves but also quite a few alliance characters. at one point, i had a troll, goblin and tauren. i'd play a nightborne if i had the faction for it but too busy leveling my void elves (have 4 of those). so some of the horde numbers are shared with alliance as people play on both factions.

where the real trouble resides is the raiding, pvp and now it seems, LFG is even being negatively effected. never in my time since LFG came out, have i had to wait more than 15 minutes as a healer for a random. and yesterday, i was in queue for an hour and still no queue pop, in tbc levels no less.

that's scary. i'm afraid the work i'm doing on my characters will be for nought by the time i get into the end game, i wont be able to find a LFG much less anything else.