Make Heelvsbabyface a WoW dev

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
10/19/2018 05:53 PMPosted by Felsavior
I think that streamers should be fined $2000 every time a fanboi makes a thread with their name in it. And additional $500 every time a fanboi keeps posting in their nonsense thread.

And said fanboi should be permabanned. Getting real sick of this nonsense.

LOL rage much? If that's the extremes you wanna go to just because you can't scroll past some text...pathetic.
Don't put youtube personalities in charge of game development for pete's sake.

If any player lives in a bubble, it is them.

Years ago, a pro football team made a sports writer ...general manager as I recall. The result was horrifyingly bad.
Do any of these people know how to code or have any idea how to make a game? I get it, they are entertainers and are entertaining to some of you out there, but do they actually have the first clue on how to run/develop a game?

If you guys hate Ion so much for being a lawyer and converting over then why would you reach for clowns to be the next in line?
I'm sure if streamers can come up with great ideas, the current Dev's can too. I think the real problem is Activision has been taking over for years and finally the real say so and control over WOW is theirs. That is why BFA has been such a dumpster fire.

If the greatest ideas in the world cannot be implemented due to time constraints or cost, it does not matter who thought of them.
I would never make a youtuber a dev I don't care how much or dedicated they are to wow. It does amuse me however the same people saying omg make this or that are the same people bashing Ion when he basically came up the same way minus the streaming but he was an avid wow player had ideas even contributed with the whole thorycrafting and elitist jerk website. Blizzard brought him on board asked him his ideas on certain things and look where we are today.

Back in the day Ion was regarded like these streamers are today and was even praised for his hiring. Again and here we are today.

Seeing a finish product and picking apart the mistake and being able to come up with ways and visions to correct issues if far more easier then actually having to come up with something out of nothing that will work and widly accepted is a whole other beast.
The guy loves eso he should be q bethesda dev.
Az wouldn't be welcomed. You need to be a yes-man to work at blizz even at the lowest of the low levels of MVP or wannabe MVP aka fox in the snow you have to have years of experience in kissing butt.

Heck blizz won't even acknowledge the fact that you are trying to talk to them unless you do it in a way that kisses butt.

The only thing they want at blizz hq is to hear how right they are about everything at all times.
10/20/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Eranos
Do any of these people know how to code or have any idea how to make a game? I get it, they are entertainers and are entertaining to some of you out there, but do they actually have the first clue on how to run/develop a game?

If you guys hate Ion so much for being a lawyer and converting over then why would you reach for clowns to be the next in line?

Not all devs are coders dude
I remember him.

He went on several !@#$-fits about how much he hated WoD, got exactly what he asked for, then had several more !@#$-fits, quit WoW to go play FF 14, and just came back now that he sensed he could cash in on some clickbait.

I'd definitely want someone like that to develop a game.
No way, too much screaming and not enough thinking.
10/20/2018 07:02 AMPosted by Magnemyte
10/20/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Eranos

Not all devs are coders dude

You think they pay someone to sit around and do nothing but come up with ideas? 40 hours a week?
10/19/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Magnemyte
Heelvsbabyface is honest, which is refreshing, he cares about the World of Warcraft, he will do what needs to be done as far as LFR and Azerite Armor and Warfronts and Group Finder and all the other things that are holding WoW back from being the great game it used to be. Heelvsbabyface should be made captain of the devs.

Can you guys honestly stop it with this constant name dropping?
Everyone on here is dropping asmongold and babyface like they're college roommates. Stop trying to get noticed in a YouTube video. It's toxic and you need to have higher aspirations for yourself.

It's a cult of personality... it's irritating and it's diverting attention from important problems within the game like warfronts being a joke, professions being tied to future reputations, expulsum, hydrocore, and sanguicell being soulbound.

Enough with the lame fanboi threads.
I've seen a few of these streamed videos now, and people consume the entertainment they feel matches their viewpoints. These creators know that, so they are creating content for that audience primarily. It's almost like political news at this point. I feel sorry for anyone who can't see that.

That said, each of these content creators has something for everyone. I've watched a bunch of content from 5 of the more popular and discussed youtubers/streamers and here is the order I'd put them ranging from 1 (most negativity about the game) to 9 (most positivity about the game). All of these channels has something to offer to an audience, because believe it not, there are people who both love and hate the game.

1, heelsvsbabyface, asmongold, preach, belluar, talliesen & evitel.9.

As I said from left to right the positivity grows so watch the video you want to see. Out of what I've seen, I honestly think preach is the most fair, right down the middle. But all of them are entertaining in their own way if you enjoy this type of content.
10/19/2018 05:31 PMPosted by Magnemyte
10/19/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Diszect
Orrrr he rants and raves and only looks through a negative lense with no reasonable solutions offered.

It's ironic you made such a knee-jerk negative post while chastising Heel for being negative, now who's the hypocritical one???

Doesn't mean he's wrong though.
10/19/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Diszect
Orrrr he rants and raves and only looks through a negative lense with no reasonable solutions offered.

BS. He offers solutions to nearly every problem he has ever pointed out. You may not like the guy but that that statement you made is pure BS. Do you even watch his channel? He even did a spot on the comparison of the the 3 games he plays (FF, ESO and WoW) and in depth gave a great analysis of the strengths and weaknesses. He always gives details as to why something is wrong and offers solutions. He just doesn't say "this sucks" and that's it. You are dead wrong.
10/20/2018 06:39 AMPosted by Ravagé
Don't put youtube personalities in charge of game development for pete's sake.

If any player lives in a bubble, it is them.

Years ago, a pro football team made a sports writer ...general manager as I recall. The result was horrifyingly bad.

Didn't a country put a TV celeb in charge recently? What could go wrong?
"Right down the middle" is not the same as being fair.
I would hire him. He knows what is fun and what is unfun. The current crop of Devs really are clueless. Hell the forums have been screaming for a vendor since the xpac went live....but it was only until the blues actually started getting on the forums again that something was done...funny huh?

I have watched his shows although I must admit to not being a subscriber but I would hire someone that is passionate about the game over a lawyer any day of the week.....because that is what is missing in the game. The art department fricken rocks. The people in charge of classes, warfronts, PVP....egads I do not know where to begin other than say maybe it is time to clean house....there is no spark there at all.
The thing that gets me the most are the blues who make excuses like "oh we can't help ths decline WoW is just old." Maybe get rid of those people and hire people who are still passionate about the game, like Heel!
Didn't he abandon ship a few years ago but came back because he wasn't getting as many views as his pointlessly long rant videos about WoW?