You Accidentally Lust 15 Seconds into a Raid Boss Encounter

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7
Everyone talks about the raid leaders constantly raging. What are you guys doing? I haven't seriously raided since Cata, but we always cracked jokes at mistakes like this. Even sub-5% wipes to someone doing a bonehead move just led to amusement (I accidentally fell off the boat in DS and died. My old guildies still bring it up to this day)

I just don't get it
10/20/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Dzdz
10/20/2018 09:31 AMPosted by Spotti
If that's the attitude I'm getting, leaving the guild is what I'd want to do, why try to ''save your hide'' lol I'm playing to enjoy the game, not to get harassed for one thing.

Lmao what.

Lusting at the wrong time can be the difference between a kill or not. You're going to place your "fun" of misusing the spell ahead of the time of the 19+ other people you are playing with? Because if you cause a wipe, you waste their time.

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. OP gave a vague scenario about if I accidentally lust 15 seconds in a Raid Boss Encounter. I took it as if I am getting attacked by the Raid Leader after said lust, and it was my first time by accident, then I'd much rather go find a different Guild. I'm not paying a subscription to get that attitude.

Any serious raider knows how things really are. But I was only answering the hypothetical scenario/question.

People raid also to have "fun". Because they enjoy it. Some Guilds joke around and have bants, others are hard-faced and tackle progression quickly.

There are better ways to communicate and raid lead than to flip your lid anytime an ''accident'' happens. My time is important, and more important than yours as you don't pay for my subscription. But it's about being a human being. If you are raid leading then being a good raid leader and getting the group to shape up for a pull to down a boss.

There is zero justification for raid rage. It happens. Kick the baddie if they keep doing it and don't listen and move on. But if I'm on the receiving end, and I get that hypothetically after a one-off mistake, then you betcha I'm not going to stick around to take that from a random. No one should. I've owned to my mistakes, I've even took off the blood lust off from keybind since I did hit it a few times when I first started playing but quickly learned.

This was a hypothetical joke thread that I answered, you completely misunderstood my post and quoted me on saying something I didn't write.

@Menae - Thanks for trying to clarify my post, sadly it seems it was ignored for the most part.
Tell them you had to ninja afk cause grandma caught fire again
If you use list when not called you don’t belong in high end raiding
Tell the raid leader that your dad could beat up his dad.
10/20/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Tokyokid
10/20/2018 09:50 AMPosted by Vindicative
Be the first to blame the other Mage/Shaman/Hunter in raid chat to deflect suspicion lol

Maybe back in the day, but nowadays too many people have the announcement addons.

BOB INTERRUPTED HEALING SPELL
DAVE CAST BLOODLUST
TOM PULLED

Those are situationally useful, but the people who never turn them off are annoying.

I hate people with those addons. Not because I do not see the value, if you want everyone to flask and such thats fine, but to see these tattle tale addons and the "I did this" addons at work disgust me. You can be a great person/player, but I see this addon going off in raid chat I am dissociating myself from you.

I should addons such as the "Do you need that item, its an upgrade for me?" instant whispering addon is also horrible.
I blame the mage/hunter/shaman
Redeem? hell my rogue buddies and I also put threat onto the MT healer!

Now it's time to pull the boss again while everyone buffs and drop group/feign.
10/20/2018 09:32 AMPosted by Pharsalus
Umm, can't you reset the encounter?

Sorry, the gate just closed and you can't run out any more.
My cat ran across my keyboard!
At least I got chicken.
10/20/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Arron
The Raid Leader is now furious and is spewing profanity attacking the mothers of every son in America. He wants blood now, and by thunder he shall have it.

How do you recover your honor, save your hide, or at the very least prevent yourself from being booted from the raid and/or the guild?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6rZfpSL1RQ
My bloodlust is the one ability I click, specifically so I can't fat finger it.
The Raid Leader is now furious and is spewing profanity attacking the mothers of every son in America. He wants blood now, and by thunder he shall have it.

How do you recover your honor, save your hide, or at the very least prevent yourself from being booted from the raid and/or the guild?

Pop my wings and scream into the headphones "Leeeeeerrrrroooooyyyyy Jeeeeennnkinnnns". Then I bubble hearth :)
"wut? u no want lust 15 sec in2 boss? ok"

*lusts on trash*
During leveling up in dungeons (pre 90), I just owned up and admitted that I targeted the wrong target, jumped over the cliff, etc. No point in hiding it. Like others have said, it's a game. If they feel that I've 'wasted' their time, they can kick me.

I tell him his reenactment of the "many whelps" freak out was a 1/10, if he was serious I would leave the the pug
10/20/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Comedy
well majority of non mythic bosses can be killed easily without blood lust.

so any non mythic raid leader worth anything wouldn't care?

Any raid leader worth anything would care, however they are also unlikely to go ballistic unless they think you are doing it on purpose to troll the raid; in which case you deserve to be booted.

Accidents happen, any good group will just roll with them. The same "accident" happening repeatedly is not an accident but either incompetence or a troll, both of which need to be addressed.
Blame the other hunter.