Shadow priests are absolutely HORRIBLE in pvp

Priest
what the hell is going on? how does the current state of Spriest in pvp exist?
Tell that to Wizk.
10/20/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Sevshazam
Tell that to Wizk.

Well hes also playing with possibly the best rogue in the world, amirite?
Great in 3s. Bad at everything else - spriest story for 3 expansions, nothing new.
Tell that to Wizk.

he's playing with one of the best rogue in the world. spriest role in rps is just to fear & silence, while using utility like mass dispel, swap, or grip when called for. you just dot everything and mind flay until kidney shot is up, and you silence the healer.

wizk even says he got carried. he's very good and definitely one of the best spriest in the world, but he knows that he played a supportive role to rank 1, and pikaboo has been doing most of the work.
Yeah it's true that we play a very supportive role at the moment. But you can't say a class is absolutely horrible when it is being played by the 2nd highest ranked team in NA. Our damage isn't great. I find our control of a match to be really fun sometimes to make up for the class design itself. But we are no where near "horrible."
But you can't say a class is absolutely horrible when it is being played by the 2nd highest ranked team in NA.

it's horrible because edge of insanity is a terrible mechanic. edge is what keeps us alive and the only reason why spriest are viable. the moment it gets nerfed and nothing happens to compensate it, spriest will lose all viability.
Mobility and survivability is a big issue for spriest. You pretty much have to play with a healer in pvp as if a melee gets on your its impossible to kite a good melee. Also in 3s most comps are either mage or rogue /spriest due to the need for peeling.
Shadow is actually really strong in pvp
Shadow is strong in 3v3, but it's boring af.
10/20/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Narvik
Tell that to Wizk.

he's playing with one of the best rogue in the world. spriest role in rps is just to fear & silence, while using utility like mass dispel, swap, or grip when called for. you just dot everything and mind flay until kidney shot is up, and you silence the healer.

wizk even says he got carried. he's very good and definitely one of the best spriest in the world, but he knows that he played a supportive role to rank 1, and pikaboo has been doing most of the work.
Of course he said that, what top rated player doesn't talk up their partners? Those kills don't happen without silence, fears, and MDs. Sin damage is busted, but Shadow makes that comp work just as much as the Rogue.

I definitely wouldn't call that being carried when it's at tournament level play. Not to mention he had insane plays in Legion that also helped secure wins to be the second ranked team in NA.
10/21/2018 05:59 PMPosted by Efx

Of course he said that, what top rated player doesn't talk up their partners? Those kills don't happen without silence, fears, and MDs. Sin damage is busted, but Shadow makes that comp work just as much as the Rogue.

I definitely wouldn't call that being carried when it's at tournament level play. Not to mention he had insane plays in Legion that also helped secure wins to be the second ranked team in NA.

using additional cc at tournament level play every single time a person gets in a kidney shot, into a panda incap, into a fear, into a silence is 3 globals. yeah he's really good at juking, getting mass dispels off, life gripping when necessary.

legion was different because spriest actually did damage in legion.
For PvP don't you take the talent when you are max Insanity you take less damage. So you never actually enter voidform?
Spriest is bad in general, not just pvp.
Tell that to Wizk.

He gets carried by the rogues damage just as much as the rogue gets carried by rsham's heals. There's a reason he's playing spriest, and it's not because they're mediocre and need carrying. Spriest clearly offers a lot to the team, or else the best rogue in the world would probably be playing rmpala instead.
horrible in general. Least fun DPS class in the game
Playing Edge of insanity in bg is effective and quite fun too actually
Tell that to Wizk.

1/10
I'm having fun with it in PvP, I wouldn't say we are trash once you accept your role as a support class.......I got bored and played Spriest/Spriest/Rshm and in one aids Q session went from 1400-1850 only turbo could kill us. I actually have a lot of fun being a support class instead of just spamming damage, it makes me feel like I'm useful to my team.

But our damage is really dependent on getting 3 death throes traits it makes my SwP go from 10000 to 21000 damage, huge difference
Tell that to Wizk.

When have you seen him solo queen a bg on stream?