Deleting character so I can get off of Moonguard

General Discussion
I'm the last person to judge a group by individuals but when a bunch of individuals start looking like the common denominator, it's really hard to keep to that rule.

Since I started this character on Moonguard as a new player, I've had a rough time from the membership. I try to get to a quest giver, I'm deliberately blocked so I can see the questgiver. I've been insulted in Goldshire by RPers.
The last straw was tonight when I was asked to help form a guild called Titan Guard. I did it for free because it was in the spirit of community and I figured being a founding member of a guild would help me as a new player.

When the guild was formed after I signed the charter, I was told to eff off by one of the founders and was summarily kicked. I complained to the GM and was called a wuss.

I went to /1 to warn people about Titan Guard mistreating new players, I received zero sympathy and was told to stop being a baby. That's it. I want off Moonguard. I don't have the money to transfer so level 16 or not, I'm deleting and restarting on another realm.

Moonguard Community, you really need to work on your people skllls.
I try to be nice to people :(

It's not all of us!
Come play on Wyrmrest Accord.
10/21/2018 07:13 PMPosted by Kelforgan

MG is a HORRIBLE place if you are Alliance. The only MG sanity is Horde side. Alliance MG is a sea of roleplay powerplayers and stunted Yiffmonkeys.
You'll find those types of players on every server, my marvelous melon. Running away from Moon Guard will not protect you from the vile, the retched or the inane. At least with us you know what you're getting, the others? They hide themselves well, but sooner or later those latent thoughts and passions come through as clear as crystal.

/tentacleflip
Lots of toxic fedora lords on that server, alliance-side. You need to pretend to be a girl to get any modicum of respect. I'd move servers if I were you.
10/21/2018 07:26 PMPosted by Tayeh

MG is a HORRIBLE place if you are Alliance. The only MG sanity is Horde side. Alliance MG is a sea of roleplay powerplayers and stunted Yiffmonkeys.
I had a garage band named Stunted Yiffmonkeys
10/21/2018 07:27 PMPosted by Lakumba
Lots of toxic fedora lords on that server. You need to pretend to be a girl to get any modicum of respect. I'd move servers if I were you.

Or change to Horde. Never had an issue Hordeside there.
I'm the last person to judge a group by individuals but when a bunch of individuals start looking like the common denominator, it's really hard to keep to that rule.

Since I started this character on Moonguard as a new player, I've had a rough time from the membership. I try to get to a quest giver, I'm deliberately blocked so I can see the questgiver. I've been insulted in Goldshire by RPers.
The last straw was tonight when I was asked to help form a guild called Titan Guard. I did it for free because it was in the spirit of community and I figured being a founding member of a guild would help me as a new player.

When the guild was formed after I signed the charter, I was told to eff off by one of the founders and was summarily kicked. I complained to the GM and was called a wuss.

I went to /1 to warn people about Titan Guard mistreating new players, I received zero sympathy and was told to stop being a baby. That's it. I want off Moonguard. I don't have the money to transfer so level 16 or not, I'm deleting and restarting on another realm.

wuss..
Come play on Dragonmaw, there's no one here to be mean to you.
Ahh that famous Moonguard Hospilitary.... how can ya not love it.... /sarcasm.
Sorry if your experiece was like that but I would ask you to avoid Goldshire like seriously, by my understanding about most of the people there don't main this rp server themselves, and just come for erp

(notice the lack of 120's and the over abundance of throwaway accounts)

If you want to experience the MG community go to Stormwind, tho Trade chat is full of meme's but what trade chat isn't?
10/21/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Tayeh
Lots of toxic fedora lords on that server. You need to pretend to be a girl to get any modicum of respect. I'd move servers if I were you.

Or change to Horde. Never had an issue Hordeside there.
Hard to have a problem with people when there are no people to have a problem with. MG horde is pretty dead.
Just go on a server for new players, problem solved
It is common to find people like this in MoonGuard, people took the RP so seriously that now they are literally in their "characters" 24/7 and they like to annoy the other players (new players or not, they don't care at all) and sadly, that's who they are.

MoonGuard became a toxic place for most, some of us try to find peace and not cause problems, we try to enjoy the RP in a good way, I'm sorry for your experience :(

By the way.... NOT ALL OF US ARE SO BAD! I'm different, you can find new friends in this post and we could give you a hand if you want, you don't have to leave and delete your character, hope you don't think it's the game, it's this realm, but as I said before, you can find the good people.
10/21/2018 07:34 PMPosted by Excite
Hard to have a problem with people when there are no people to have a problem with. MG horde is pretty dead.

There are enough people to be interesting, without it being a crowded mess.
lol
I’m sorry you had this bad experience at starting here.

This is unfortunate, as the realm has pretty good RP guilds, especially the military ones. Good community, with toxicity and bad players as any other server.

I started many years ago, so I can’t say if this is common now.

But bear in mind: stay away from Goldshire/Elwynn Forest if you’re a new player on Moon Guard.

You’ll find RPers in Dun Morogh, Loch Modan and many other dwarven places (as you’re a dwarf). Same goes for other races areas.

Again, just avoid Elwynn until you settle here.

Good luck anyway if you’re thinking of leaving the server. It’s not as bad as it seems.
If you don’t want to rp Turalyon is really nice server.
10/21/2018 07:36 PMPosted by Rikuirl

By the way.... NOT ALL OF US ARE SO BAD!

If you stay far away from Goldshire inn and the Cathedral roleplayers the worst of it is mitigated.