Blom #1

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 15 16 17 21 Next
10/26/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Anyaka
10/26/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Lôrdgrim
Pineapple is sacrilegious on pizza. Steak is meat. And to be civilized is to burn that meat until I can use it to make a kiln to forge the one true pizza that I'm making entirely out of cheese, dough, sauce, and meat.

If I have one constant, it's that I'm not very civilized.

YOU BUNCH OF SOFT SOUTHERNERS
I mean, sometimes, when no one is looking, I pour the milk first. I'm pretty barbaric myself at times.
...Pour the milk first?
10/26/2018 10:40 AMPosted by Anyaka
...Pour the milk first?
When I eat cereal.
I will never understand why so many people eat delicious, crunchy cereal in milk. Why do you want your cereal to be all soggy and your milk all full of gunk? Why is this considered normal?
10/26/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Azhaar
I will never understand why so many people eat delicious, crunchy cereal in milk. Why do you want your cereal to be all soggy and your milk all full of gunk? Why is this considered normal?
Only if you eat it slowly. I mean, why is it considered normal to drink the liquid nipple fat of other animals?
10/26/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Lôrdgrim
10/26/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Azhaar
Only if you eat it slowly. I mean, why is it considered normal to drink the liquid nipple fat of other animals?

That's pretty weird to me too, tbh. I don't drink milk. I'll occasionally cook with it.

I do like cheese, though...
10/26/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Azhaar
10/26/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Lôrdgrim
...Only if you eat it slowly. I mean, why is it considered normal to drink the liquid nipple fat of other animals?

That's pretty weird to me too, tbh. I don't drink milk. I'll occasionally cook with it.

I do like cheese, though...
Just a friendly reminder that many traditional cheeses, not just Casu Marzu, has insects and such in them that often contribute to their unique flavor.

I'm hungry.
Man.
Now I want to make Cheezy broccoli rice.
I'm from the country, insects don't scare me. One of the biggest novelties of living where I do now is my apartment isn't full of spiders and wasps.
10/26/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Azhaar
I'm from the country, insects don't scare me. One of the biggest novelties of living where I do now is my apartment isn't full of spiders and wasps.
TBH, memeing aside, I'll give anything a shot once. It is fun to try out new things. There's a lot of varied food out there.
10/26/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Lôrdgrim
TBH, memeing aside, I'll give anything a shot once. It is fun to try out new things. There's a lot of varied food out there.

For sure! That's another thing I'm enjoying about my new digs; moving from the Midwestern countryside to a city on the west coast opens up a whole world of possibilities. Literally most of the food stores in my neighborhood are Asian groceries and they've got things for sale I've never seen or imagined, some of which are dang delicious.
Why are we hating on pineapples on pizza
10/26/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Azhaar
10/26/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Lôrdgrim

For sure! That's another thing I'm enjoying about my new digs; moving from the Midwestern countryside to a city on the west coast opens up a whole world of possibilities. Literally most of the food stores in my neighborhood are Asian groceries and they've got things for sale I've never seen or imagined, some of which are dang delicious.
Eh, I'm Asian from a traditional Asian/Germanic household. So things like rice and sauerkraut, or kimchi and bratwurst were regular plate partners.

I will say, the thing I admire most about a lot of Asian cuisine is the focus on the visual delight as another aspect of taste. Even the "cheap" versions of food is generally still made to look aesthetically pleasing, compared to a lot of western servings.

That being said, any particular Asian food that you liked? I've recently started making my own kim chi and I now appreciate the vast amount of art and science that goes into flavors.
Man, this is embarrassing, but I can't even remember what they were called. They're these fruits which I'm pretty sure don't grow in this hemisphere--lumpy little red jobs that look like spikeballs? Like pokeballs with irregular little growths all over. I remember the produce section of that store was full of stuff that looked downright alien to me. They had a big bin of giant aloe leaves longer than my arm, I don't even know why anybody would need something like that. Is aloe edible? In my house growing up we used it for burns.

I also tried these little dumpling things that look incredibly plain and not that appetizing, they're basically nothing but dense ground meat in some brown sauce encased in rubbery white dough but damn those were delicious.

My roommate has also been introducing me to Vietnamese food, which I've never had. There are a bunch of Vietnamese restaurants in the area but I don't eat out much (for both budgetary and introvert reasons). I honestly can't recall the names of anything I've tried at the closest one, which is probably cause I couldn't pronounce them at the time either. But so far everything I tried was wonderful. I had noodles in some kind of pineapple/peanut/coconut sauce and I don't know whose idea that was but it was genius.

Ironically the catfish part of that dish was a little underwhelming, and I got that specifically because catfish is something I know I already like.
10/26/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Rasks

I know, pineapples on pizza are the best thing ever.
10/26/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Azhaar
Man, this is embarrassing, but I can't even remember what they were called. They're these fruits which I'm pretty sure don't grow in this hemisphere--lumpy little red jobs that look like spikeballs? Like pokeballs with irregular little growths all over. I remember the produce section of that store was full of stuff that looked downright alien to me. They had a big bin of giant aloe leaves longer than my arm, I don't even know why anybody would need something like that. Is aloe edible? In my house growing up we used it for burns.

I also tried these little dumpling things that look incredibly plain and not that appetizing, they're basically nothing but dense ground meat in some brown sauce encased in rubbery white dough but damn those were delicious.

My roommate has also been introducing me to Vietnamese food, which I've never had. There are a bunch of Vietnamese restaurants in the area but I don't eat out much (for both budgetary and introvert reasons). I honestly can't recall the names of anything I've tried at the closest one, which is probably cause I couldn't pronounce them at the time either. But so far everything I tried was wonderful. I had noodles in some kind of pineapple/peanut/coconut sauce and I don't know whose idea that was but it was genius.

Ironically the catfish part of that dish was a little underwhelming, and I got that specifically because catfish is something I know I already like.
I believe you're talking about rambutan (spelling?). I haven't had them much, but they're pretty good, if I recall. Sweet and tangy.

I haven't tried a lot of different Asian traditional cooking, most of my experience is korean (ex gf lived there for a while and took a lot back with her), and Japanese (family).

One day I do plan to travel around there and sample everything. Low-key a goal of mine to attend the fish markets of Japan and explore there.
10/26/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Mahoodle

I know, pineapples on pizza are the best thing ever.

This is why you're not invited to RBGs.

Blasphemer.
There's two types of people in the world. Those who realize pineapple on pizza is a travesty, and those who are wrong.
10/26/2018 12:15 PMPosted by Lôrdgrim
There's two types of people in the world. Those who realize pineapple on pizza is a travesty, and those who are wrong.

ilu