Blom #1

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 16 17 18 21 Next
10/26/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Torkus
10/26/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Mahoodle
I know, pineapples on pizza are the best thing ever.

This is why you're not invited to RBGs.

SMOKED
10/26/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Dairenus
10/26/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Torkus

This is why you're not invited to RBGs.

SMOKED

smoked pineapple? an interesting choice
I LOVE kimchi and kraut.

Fermenting food is my favorite because A) everyone looks at the people who can do it like they're some kind of magic wizard because you throw these random bits in and it comes out completely different and B) It's so stupidly easy that anyone can be a magic wizard if they try.

…I bet I could make a pretty good pineapple mead or vodka infusion, then serve it garnished with Canadian bacon...
10/26/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Anyaka
Canadian bacon...

Triggered.... It’s ham!
10/26/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Vischy
10/26/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Anyaka
Canadian bacon...

Triggered.... It’s ham!

bacon is also ham
Could do the "smoke infusion" trick for the whole concoction, too.

...Not sure how to get mozzarella into the mix.
10/26/2018 01:22 PMPosted by Anyaka
Could do the "smoke infusion" trick for the whole concoction, too.

...Not sure how to get mozzarella into the mix.

You ever tried smoked cheese?
It's amazing.
Smoked gouda is the best smoked cheese!
10/26/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Vischy

b r o t h e r
10/26/2018 01:22 PMPosted by Shirt
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Triggered.... It’s ham!

bacon is also ham

Bacon is from the belly.

Ham is the thigh or rump.
10/26/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Shirt
10/26/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Vischy

b r o t h e r

s i s t e r /kiss
10/26/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Vischy
10/26/2018 01:22 PMPosted by Shirt
bacon is also ham

Bacon is from the belly.

Ham is the thigh is rump.

Today, I have been educated.
Aloe, like coconut milk, can be used in mestless or lean meat dishes to increase the fat content for certain cooking styles, without adding meat fat, butter or oil, or strongly affecting the flavors of the actual ingredients.
Bacon can also be fat back.

The aloe is a hell of a lot of work to cook with. You're running it thru a food processor, and then skimming out the solids.
10/26/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Darkor
Aloe, like coconut milk, can be used in mestless or lean meat dishes to increase the fat content for certain cooking styles, without adding meat fat, butter or oil, or strongly affecting the flavors of the actual ingredients.

That is super interesting. I had no idea of that.
This thread is cool and all, lotsa good drama, whatevs. How come nobody has noticed that Torkus is turning into Waluigi?

10/25/2018 09:28 PMPosted by Torkus

wha

I can't be the only one feeling a tad bit concerned?
10/26/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Azhaar
Man, this is embarrassing, but I can't even remember what they were called. They're these fruits which I'm pretty sure don't grow in this hemisphere--lumpy little red jobs that look like spikeballs? Like pokeballs with irregular little growths all over. I remember the produce section of that store was full of stuff that looked downright alien to me. They had a big bin of giant aloe leaves longer than my arm, I don't even know why anybody would need something like that. Is aloe edible? In my house growing up we used it for burns.

I also tried these little dumpling things that look incredibly plain and not that appetizing, they're basically nothing but dense ground meat in some brown sauce encased in rubbery white dough but damn those were delicious.

My roommate has also been introducing me to Vietnamese food, which I've never had. There are a bunch of Vietnamese restaurants in the area but I don't eat out much (for both budgetary and introvert reasons). I honestly can't recall the names of anything I've tried at the closest one, which is probably cause I couldn't pronounce them at the time either. But so far everything I tried was wonderful. I had noodles in some kind of pineapple/peanut/coconut sauce and I don't know whose idea that was but it was genius.

Ironically the catfish part of that dish was a little underwhelming, and I got that specifically because catfish is something I know I already like.

The fruit sort of reminds me of Lai Chee, good stuff.
10/26/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Morrowveil

If you're asking if you are the only one concerned about Torkus the answer is a hard maybe.
10/26/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Morrowveil

10/26/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Karmas
answer
10/26/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Karmas
maybe
Dorkus