Brian Holinka Back as Lead Combat Designer

General Discussion
Ashran sucked, but I loved MoP pvp. Give the dude a chance.

Remember his pvp decisions were impacted by overall expansion design, so not everything he did that players disliked were 100% his fault.

If we can get that MOP class balance back, with the amount of current cc maintained, some pvp wq like Legion's... I would be pretty stoked.
10/22/2018 06:40 AMPosted by Thèllè
10/22/2018 06:27 AMPosted by Lathander

PvP was pretty bad in MoP, but his WoD work was solid.

Ur insane. Mop pvp was great at the end

Yeah it was great! 30 minute arena matches with no winners because control was out of hand was great PvP!
10/22/2018 06:37 AMPosted by Glowshot

So you liked Ashran then.

No that wasn't PvP imho. I'm talking rated PvP.
10/22/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Guldalina
He did Mop/WoD PvP I believe. Where PvP was fairly well balanced, if a bit Alliance dominated due to the double human trinket thing that everyone wont let go.

Hahahaha that's a good one!
10/22/2018 06:59 AMPosted by Lathander

Yeah it was great! 30 minute arena matches with no winners because control was out of hand was great PvP!
He was pvp lead, not combat lead. The CC in MoP was an overall expansion design and a result of years of ability bloat. They cranked it back in WOD, and folks blamed him for that in pvp too.
10/22/2018 06:18 AMPosted by Zikaall
10/22/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Guldalina
He did Mop/WoD PvP I believe. Where PvP was fairly well balanced, if a bit Alliance dominated due to the double human trinket thing that everyone wont let go.

He gave us Ashran in WoD. Continued to put resources into an unfun pretend pvp zone when those resources could have been put into actual content for the expansion.

Would this be the same Ashran that many people are clamoring for a return of?
He is back? No way. I thought the other half dozen threads were just pulling my leg.
10/22/2018 07:02 AMPosted by Joegnar
10/22/2018 06:59 AMPosted by Lathander

He was pvp lead, not combat lead. The CC in MoP was an overall expansion design and a result of years of ability bloat. They cranked it back in WOD, and folks blamed him for that in pvp too.

I know that, that's why I said earlier they had to make changes due to control bloat.
He was terrible.

RIP DKs even more.
10/22/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Nakatomi
He was terrible.

RIP DKs even more.

Don't worry. I am sure DKs will have both a top dps and top tank spec still. I know that having the top tank spec and 2 outta the top 4 dps specs is tough.
Trashcan was unfun, repetitive and so far away from being on point that i'm shocked this is happening. Don't forget other pvp in wod (as in old content as they sank all their coins into trashcan) was full of bots with a absolutely no enforcement. PVP gear was all garbage re-skins. Hopefully Holinka will do better but some new blood may have been nice.
10/22/2018 06:57 AMPosted by Lathander

It wasn't though rated PvP participation went off a cliff and they had to start making changes.

This is correct.
10/22/2018 07:06 AMPosted by Akston
10/22/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Nakatomi
He was terrible.

RIP DKs even more.

Don't worry. I am sure DKs will have both a top dps and top tank spec still. I know that having the top tank spec and 2 outta the top 4 dps specs is tough.

What have you been smoking.

DK top DPS?
Well that is unfortunate. I wonder how long this will last.
10/22/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Nippysmilk
Lost all faith when I read they were using stat templates and have no faith in him after that

maybe he will make PvE templated this time and not PvP so people will understand how dull it feels

That was the best thing to ever happen, you couldn't 1 shot people cause you were a mythic raider.
I’m cautiously optimistic. Hopefully he will have learned from the mistakes of the past, and using his prior experience with the game, to really start course correcting classes.

Unlike new blood, he is already familiar with WoW, so it’s possible to start seeing changes before 9.0.
10/22/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Avesta
MoP classes please

This. bring back ranged SV hunter.

(Melee SV is not that bad anymore but it is not the same)

Were you playing World of Warcraft? Like, for sure? I really hope you were being sarcastic, WoD was a trainwreck, still is.
10/22/2018 06:57 AMPosted by Lathander

It wasn't though rated PvP participation went off a cliff and they had to start making changes.

Correct me if I’m wrong but s15 had the largest player pool of any season to date
You’re crazy if you think having him back is bad for the game. Yeah Ashran wasn’t everyone’s favorite but the game got far worse when he left