Valtrois compares Forsaken to the Legion...

Story Forum
Prev 1 4 5 6 11 Next
Why are french night elves on the horde in the first place? Between them and void elves I'm sick of uppity allied races acting like they're in any place to say anything.
Great...awesome...so excited...I will 'get' to kill another Warchief...I can't contain all this excitement and pride...yup...just tons of the stuff...
10/24/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Meldaea
I like how newcomer Valtrois is smart enough to see the writing on the wall here, but not a single blood elf in the entire story is permitted to make the much more obvious comparison to the Scourge. Hell, in this very patch, we literally go back in time to the Scourge invasion and visit Sylvanas Windrunner's memorial and the most we get is some vague line from Lor'themar alluding to "past disagreements" he's had with her.

Not good enough. If the writers have committed to Sylvanas becoming Arthas - and this was the entire point of the War of Thorns - the characters in the story should react to her as such. Valtrois is a good start though.

Hilarious.

Rexxar has helped establish Orgrimmar. He knows a little about the Horde.

Valtrois knows nothing. It is easy for such an inexperienced, sheltered person to be fooled. Thalyssra went face first into the heart of Stormwind. Hopefully she continues to lead the Nightborne by example.
OK i seriously want to know

WHO THE FLYING !@#$ WROTE THIS?

This entire Patch is just lets make the horde as evil as possible! So what if it makes no sense, we want them to be evil, no matter what anyone says.

Dear god i hope blizzards entire writing team gets fired and replaced after this, and that their zone designers are given a strict lecture in NOT DOIND WHATEVER THEY WANT! Seriously some of these things are obviously done for the sake of being evil and shock value. You had an easy way to drive a legitimate morally grey conflict between the goblins and gorillas, the fact they both need a rare limited resource to live, but no, that wasn't "Shocking" enough for you, so your making the goblins enslave and eat the gorillas instead. Now we got forsaken death camps, zombie fungus orcs, trying to flood an entire island...
F A C T I O N P R I D E
10/24/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Tewdee
Rexxar: the horde is lame but whatever
Warlock: lemme feed on u, half breed
Rexxar: wtf I hate the Horde now
Daelin: I kill all the horde
Rexxar: guess I have to defend them, ugh
Thrall: omg ty Rexxar ur da best
Rexxar: screw that I'm going to walk around Desolace for years cus screw this
Garrosh: hey Rexxar wanna defend the horde?
Rexxar: screw u
Sylvanas: hey Rexxar wanna kill people
Rexxar: omg sure the alliance deserves this
Valtrois: wtf Rexxar this doesn't jive
Rexxar: I follow orders
Welcome to BfA.

We can't have this pesky "continuity" confining the raw creative brilliance of the writers.
10/24/2018 01:30 AMPosted by Darethy
Why is REXXAR the one most at ease with this?

Well, at least Blizzard is being consistent with Rexxar's BFA incarnation, in that it's still completely inconsistent with how he used to be.
10/24/2018 10:23 AMPosted by Galenorn
The pessimistic memes have begun.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/396246780456468483/504704949368782848/tumblr_pclsu2YgSA1rxy29mo1_500.png

I bet a lot of those are made by people who main Alliance.
10/24/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Zuleika
10/24/2018 10:23 AMPosted by Galenorn
The pessimistic memes have begun.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/396246780456468483/504704949368782848/tumblr_pclsu2YgSA1rxy29mo1_500.png

Oh yeah because only the Alliance are the ones who see how stupid this is right

This whole "faction pride means every time my faction acts stupid and people complain it must be the OTHER FACTION COMPLAINING" reaction that BFA has caused is completely ridiculous
10/24/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Kaloran
10/24/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Zuleika

This whole "faction pride means every time my faction acts stupid and people complain it must be the OTHER FACTION COMPLAINING" reaction that BFA has caused is completely ridiculous

Actual it mostly has to do with the fact many alliance posters are still salty nightborn went horde.
10/24/2018 01:53 PMPosted by Reallyhappy
10/24/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Kaloran

Actual it mostly has to do with the fact many alliance posters are still salty nightborn went horde.

Well let's be real, it IS a little incongruous to go directly from the arc they had in legion to being part of the horde narrative in BFA

I don't know why though. The writing was on the wall. The only thing I'm salty about in that exchange is we got Void Elves instead of High Elves.
Well the horde has been acting like the Legion
I just want some real faction pride not this,

F A C T I O N P R I D E, I've been getting.
forsaken scourge isn't really all that different from the legion tbh. they want to convert everything to serve their leader and will kill people to achieve that end.
Valtrois was always my favorite nightborne, i miss her /sniff

But she's right. Forsaken-Horde currently feel like 'big evil outside threat v4.0" that the Alliance and Horde typically fight together.

also, Rexxar's writing still sucks.
Horde leaders during Teldrassil - Gee I dont know guys..

Horde leaders while rezzing fallen Night Elves - Gee I don't know guys...

Horde leaders when one human is rezzed - WoAh SyLvAnAs HaS gOnE tO fAr GuYs

/eyeroll
Here's hoping she can keep her opinions to herself, if my alliance characters ever see her again it better be to kill the back stabber and not help her and Rexxar save the horde again.
10/24/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Alurna

I don't know why though. The writing was on the wall. The only thing I'm salty about in that exchange is we got Void Elves instead of High Elves.

It's easy, many night elf fans felt the nightborn was night elf lore. They also loved surumar, so surumar going horde, despite making perfect narrative sense, made them feel both betrayed and robbed.

I find it illy to still be salty about it but hey, i dont control the alliance.
10/24/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Avondriel
Horde leaders during Teldrassil - Gee I dont know guys..

Horde leaders while rezzing fallen Night Elves - Gee I don't know guys...

Horde leaders when one human is rezzed - WoAh SyLvAnAs HaS gOnE tO fAr GuYs

/eyeroll

lol

Are there even Horde leaders saying 'gee i don't know' about the risen Night Elves? No one seems to give a crap.