Valtrois compares Forsaken to the Legion...

Story Forum
Prev 1 5 6 7 11 Next
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDKwmbqxS64

Probably should've given some thought to your people bending the knee to an ex-Scourge undead who wants everyone to 'serve Death', lol.
10/24/2018 02:55 PMPosted by Lunene

Probably should've given some thought to your people bending the knee to an ex-Scourge undead who wants everyone to 'serve Death', lol.

B-but Tyrande was mean! She compared Thalyssra to Azshara!

On a serious note, I don't think I'd be surprised if Thalyssra is present to confront Azshara and Azshara says to her, "We're a lot alike, you and I..." That just seems to be the direction Blizzard enjoys taking the Horde.
10/24/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Alurna

On a serious note, I don't think I'd be surprised if Thalyssra is present to confront Azshara and Azshara says to her, "We're a lot alike, you and I..." That just seems to be the direction Blizzard enjoys taking the Horde.

No, that would mean Tyrande was right about something and we can't have that.
10/24/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Yrithe

It's OK for Tyrande to be 'right' though, as long and she (and the rest of the Night Elves) are humiliated and degraded when they try to fight back. There's something about the way Blizzard's treating the Night Elves that feels really gross.

They may have thought the rest of the Horde were like Liadrin and the the Blood Elves that came to their aid. At that point Sylvanas was only shouting at the Horde PC to cap Worgen towers so it's not like they could've known.
10/24/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Yrithe

My Spicy Hot Take on Warcraft Lore: A Thesis in Three Parts

1) Warcraft III - Daelin Was Right
2) World of Warcraft: Cataclysm through Warlords of Draenor - Garrosh Was Right
3) World of Warcraft: Legion - Tyrande Was Right
10/24/2018 09:21 AMPosted by Tewdee
Rexxar: the horde is lame but whatever
Warlock: lemme feed on u, half breed
Rexxar: wtf I hate the Horde now
Daelin: I kill all the horde
Rexxar: guess I have to defend them, ugh
Thrall: omg ty Rexxar ur da best
Rexxar: screw that I'm going to walk around Desolace for years cus screw this
Garrosh: hey Rexxar wanna defend the horde?
Rexxar: screw u
Sylvanas: hey Rexxar wanna kill people
Rexxar: omg sure the alliance deserves this
Valtrois: wtf Rexxar this doesn't jive
Rexxar: I follow orders

Well, he's half ogre, kinda expectable for him to be outright dumb.
10/24/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Avondriel
Horde leaders during Teldrassil - Gee I dont know guys..

Horde leaders while rezzing fallen Night Elves - Gee I don't know guys...

Horde leaders when one human is rezzed - WoAh SyLvAnAs HaS gOnE tO fAr GuYs

/eyeroll

IKR!

Is this the same guy at the mission tables? He seems okay with standing around the mission table as I accept quests to go plague something and protect the human sludge fields.

But oh boy oh boy, resurrecting Derek is unacceptable.
The rexxar quote is from the ashvane stuff
10/24/2018 08:31 PMPosted by Cladriah
The rexxar quote is from the ashvane stuff

it is? well, that would explain it.
Hmm ... to be fair I'm not sure the Nightborne are too familiar with "the Scourge" so she went with the apocalyptic enemy she knows best lol! I'm also not entirely sure just how much they knew about the Forsaken either.

And to be fair, if you notice, MOST of the Allied races joined the Horde sort of joined out of misconceptions of what the Horde as a whole is, because they happen to have a lot in common with one faction of that Horde.

- The Highmountain joined because of Baine
- The Mag'har joined because of Eitrigg
- The Nightborne joined because of Liadrin.
- The Zandalari largely joined because of the Darkspear.

They all joined a part of the whole, that is not really represented by its current leadership in Sylvie. As for the risen NE's, if they become an Allied Race, I wouldn't call their recruitment "normal" ... or even potentially "voluntary".
Valtrois: I thought joining the Forsaken would be ok, but now I'm beginning to believe they may be no better then the Legion.
Me sipping a Dalaran Red: What, did the burning tree with countless innocents not tip you off?
10/24/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Hishy
They may have thought the rest of the Horde were like Liadrin and the the Blood Elves that came to their aid. At that point Sylvanas was only shouting at the Horde PC to cap Worgen towers so it's not like they could've known.
"Grand Magistrix, shall we send out the envoys and have our researchers study the geopolitical situation in recent decades?"

"No. That won't be necessary. The sin'dorei and their odd-smelling friends sent us a great deal of runecloth bandages and something called kodo jerky. The decision has been made."
10/24/2018 09:11 PMPosted by Sheldris
Valtrois: I thought joining the Forsaken would be ok, but now I'm beginning to believe they may be no better then the Legion.
Me sipping a Dalaran Red: What, did the burning tree with countless innocents not tip you off?

That is what 10,000 years of mana addictions does to your mind.
10/24/2018 09:19 PMPosted by Zerde
10/24/2018 09:11 PMPosted by Sheldris

Personally I blame the writers for not wanting to have any Nightbourne address Teldrassil, despite having once been Night Elves, but god forbid a human suffers.

Starting to wonder if Lena had it right the whole time to be honest.
What, did you completely black out when she says "more good will come from this than bad"?
10/24/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Sheldris
10/24/2018 09:19 PMPosted by Zerde

Personally I blame the writers for not wanting to have any Nightbourne address Teldrassil, despite having once been Night Elves, but god forbid a human suffers.

This does seem the case where the authors decided to take creative liscense with “The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic”.
10/24/2018 09:29 PMPosted by Saiphas
10/24/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Sheldris

This does seem the case where the authors decided to take creative liscense with “The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic”.

I just interpret it as Baine not having a spine, and looking for any way to get out of this.

No rhyme, no reason, no in game dialogue for that.

Just headcanon based on my sheer loathing for the racial leader of the part of the Horde that i'm ironically the most sympathetic with.
10/24/2018 02:39 PMPosted by Reallyhappy
10/24/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Alurna

I don't know why though. The writing was on the wall. The only thing I'm salty about in that exchange is we got Void Elves instead of High Elves.

It's easy, many night elf fans felt the nightborn was night elf lore. They also loved surumar, so surumar going horde, despite making perfect narrative sense, made them feel both betrayed and robbed.

I find it illy to still be salty about it but hey, i dont control the alliance.

Why is it silly? Blizzard justifies these behaviors by putting in the Lordaeron scenario, and the whole Zandalari schemes and zone being a giant tribute to the monumental meme 'all land be troll land'.

If those two ships, which have LONG since sailed, are given resurrection and treated as fair subjects to discuss, why must Suramar, the literal birth of the rebellion of the Kaldorei, be treated as.. Non-kaldorei lore? Why are the Nightborne suddenly a different race, when you know that if the Zandalari went Alliance all of the perspective Horde would flip their !@#$, even if it made 'perfect narrative sense'?

Why must players take such things laying down, as Alliance, when our perspective themes are mocked and derided - treated as joke fodder or just mere canon fodder for the Horde 'warmarchine'?

Night Elves lost a major lore character in Ysera, but they took out Xavius. Elune was shown to be a mother%^-*ing Goddess two times, which is more then basically any other expansion in wow. Legion was overall good times, the Night Elves spearheaded the liberation of Suramar and the chilled relationship with their newfound cousins would be the hot bed for a new landscape in the world.

Then the Nightborne immediately join the Horde just a few days it seems before the Horde start massacring the Night Elves en masse and any story potential for the Night Elves rejecting or accepting the Nightborne is completely lost. They have no power anymore, they've been beaten too many times too hard. There was a concentrated war campaign to destroy the Night Elves and the Nightborne signed off on it, THATS a betrayal of the highest degree and the only thing the Nightborne deserve is wholesale destruction back. It's a zero-sum game and there can't be forgiveness after all that was lost. It wasn't a side-actor, it was a whole coalition against one race for the mere fact of existing. Not even the Forsaken got that much, the worst it got for them was some FARMERS moving in and starting a skirmish. Supported entirely and solely by the Kingdom of Stormwind.

Wasn't it even a Night Elf that planted the Arcan'dor? Some thank you. It's destruction would be the only parallel to the devestation the Night Elves received, really, and like I said, they'd deserve it too.
Blizzard is trying to spell it out for people that Sylvanas is evil, using as blunt of a hammer as possible, but people are still sitting around typing novels about why setting a tree full of civilians on fire and beginning an open world war was actually the smart thing to do, all on the assumption that the Alliance might attack them first however many years down the line.

Mass slaughter of innocent civilians is bad. Blizzard is telling you it's bad. It's kinda weird that some people act offended by being told that it's bad.

I have infinitely more respect for the folks who just outright say they want to play an evil character/faction because damn at least they're honest.